What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New shop in Morley - Leeds

andybell

Postman
"This is a personal review of a vendor/retailer that I have conducted a business transaction with. The following information reflects a true representation of the transaction between myself and the company identified. The opinions expressed, represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk. By posting this review I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out by the Planet of the Vapes website."

Hi,

Just wanted to pop on here and let folk know about a bit of a negative experience I had at a recently opened store in Morley - Leeds. I won't name the shop but people from the are will know the place I'm talking about.

Earlier in the week (Monday) I went in and purchased a MVP 3 Pro & iSub G starter kit, I already had some juice at home so the manager said not to bother setting it up for me as I'm not buying any juice, bear in mind the only one they had was on display, built up but with no juice in it - fair enough.

I got it home and followed the instructions for priming the coil, drips on the cotton on the sides an a few drips in the end as instructed. Also performed a few 'priming tokes' before letting it sit for 20 mins in a full tank.

I set the wattage to 15w to start with and immediatley could taste burning. So I set that tank/coil aside and stuck to my kanger areo 2 untill I could get back the he store yesterday (Friday).

I was going to buy a selection of what they call premium juices so had a list of what of I wanted to try. Unfortunatley none of these were tasters they already had set up. They guy informed me I'd have to try them on a dripper (which I'm not used to) but they would taste different on his setup to mine. Also he didn't change the cotton and advised me that would also affect the taste. He quickly lost interest and said if I wanted to try the other flavours I had to 'sniff em'. I setteled on some Black Magic bottles after a good old sniff.

I then wanted to discuss the dodgy coil I had received in my starter kit. Told him what had happened and he basically said theres nothing they can do as I set it up myself. I mentioned that I had received a display model and that it was 'on' when I got it home and what are then chances of it being dry fired in the shop? 'No chance whatsoever, if you want a coil they're £5 for 1 or 3 for £10. I wasn't prepared to pay the for a coil. I managed to pick one up in Leeds centre earlier on the day for £2.50.

Now, On to the liquids when I got home, all the bottles are 30ml glass type with the glass drippers. The saftey seals were broken on two of the bottles and one of the seemed like it had less in than the others, it also felt a little lighter.

Overall it was just a pretty bad experience you would have thought customer service would have been important for a newly opened shop and that keeping a customer for the prioce of a coil would be here nor there. But the opened bottles have done it for me. After the coil discussion I can't be bothered going back as I can imagine they try argue the bottles were sealed rather than keep a new customer happy.

They seem to be good on price for some stuff and very expensive on others, £5 for an iSub coil is just daft. If you mention you have seen it somewhere cheaper they palm it off as fake stuff or old kit. They don't like to be challenged or haggled with.

I'd prefer to vote with my feet and take my custom to a place that values it.

Herman Vapes in Leeds centre seems really good, they had a huge number of tanks set up to try but they didn't have what I'd settled on (Yoda Snot!), I think I'll go back there in future.

That is all!

Andy.

@andybell
Also try the Smokers Delight shop in Thornton Arcade in Leeds city centre for a good selection of juices with many samples to try. Their hardware prices are not to bad neither if the item is on 'offer'

Back
Top Bottom