What's new

my experice from the vaping guru

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if PP had a hold on some of their funds. They can hold business funds for 180 days in case of charge backs. Seems my refund was recovered from TVG and not paid out by PP themselves. The only reason I can see why PP would get access to their funds yet TVG wouldn't just issue the refund themselves is because PP had funds on hold that TVG weren't able to withdraw or use but PP had set aside in case of just such a situation. PP are not stupid.
I would imagine PP would freeze an account in the event of excess refund requests pending investigation.
I would also imagine they would issue refunds from the account holders account in the event a refund request was not responded to by the vendor in the case of a dispute such as item not recieved if PP favoured on the side of the customerthen recoup from the vendor.
On another note.
Paypal do allow drop shipping but do not like it if the seller does not resolve issues leaving paypal to have to get involved.

I would imagine PP would freeze an account in the event of excess refund requests pending investigation.
I would also imagine they would issue refunds from the account holders account in the event a refund request was not responded to by the vendor in the case of a dispute such as item not recieved if PP favoured on the side of the customerthen recoup from the vendor.
On another note.
Paypal do allow drop shipping but do not like it if the seller does not resolve issues leaving paypal to have to get involved.

Tbh honest I was just surprised that TVG had any money in their PP account. I would have expected them to have withdrawn it to their bank where PP cannot touch it. But PP stated in their email to me that my refund was recovered from their account. That's why I presumed they must have put a hold on their funds before they had the opportunity to withdraw it all. It could also explain why they stopped issuing refunds themselves, due to lack of funds due to the hold being placed. If a hold was placed they wouldn't even be able to use the funds for refunds.

I remember a while ago when some guy did a massive group buy for batteries. Everyone paid in to his PP account and PP then put a 180 day hold on it. The guy had already put his own money in to buy the batteries (tens of thousand of pounds worth) and because PP held the money he'd been paid he refused to ship the batteries. But PP wouldn't let him use the held money to refund people so he had to refund out of his own pocket and wait for the 180 days to pass. Plus he then got stuck with thousands of batteries to try and sell again.

Tbh honest I was just surprised that TVG had any money in their PP account. I would have expected them to have withdrawn it to their bank where PP cannot touch it. But PP stated in their email to me that my refund was recovered from their account. That's why I presumed they must have put a hold on their funds before they had the opportunity to withdraw it all. It could also explain why they stopped issuing refunds themselves, due to lack of funds due to the hold being placed. If a hold was placed they wouldn't even be able to use the funds for refunds.
Paypal watch account history and can take funds from the bank account assigned to it to pay for goods or issue refunds.
There are withdrawal limits and times for business accounts usually every couple of weeks or something like that but in the event of complaints by customers for items not recieved within the sellers specified timescales they will freeze it.
If the seller is completely up front with delivery estimate times and these had not been breeched it would not get to that stage.
If TGV issued invoices for sales and it clearly stated estimated delivery times which were not met they would need to satisfy paypay with ligitimate reasons why.
Did anybody recieve an invoice for their purchase and if they did it should state estimated delivery times.

Paypal watch account history and can take funds from the bank account assigned to it to pay for goods or issue refunds.
There are withdrawal limits and times for business accounts usually every couple of weeks or something like that but in the event of complaints by customers for items not recieved within the sellers specified timescales they will freeze it.
If the seller is completely up front with delivery estimate times and these had not been breeched it would not get to that stage.
If TGV issued invoices for sales and it clearly stated estimated delivery times which were not met they would need to satisfy paypay with ligitimate reasons why.
Did anybody recieve an invoice for their purchase and if they did it should state estimated delivery times.
That is incorrect. PP cannot recover funds directly from a linked bank account. They will take money from available PP funds and if none are available PP will pay themselves and put the account into negative balance. They will then ask the account to be brought in to good standing. This has to be done by the account holder adding funds to their account.

Last edited:
That is incorrect. PP cannot recover funds directly from a linked bank account.
Thought it would be the same as my account in that they can take money out of my bank if there are not enough funds in my paypal account?

Nor sure if its the same but when i buy something with PayPal they take the money from my account about 2 day later via direct debit
I was once asked for a refund on an item i sold on ebay and disputed this, paypal found in favour of the buyer and issued a refund, as there was no money in my PP account this was done using what they called an electronic cheque, the money was taked from my account by direct debit

Last edited:
Thought it would be the same as my account in that they can take money out of my bank if there are not enough funds in my paypal account?
No, because when they take the extra money from your bank when you make a payment it is because you have instructed them to do so by completing the payment. You are authorizing them to access your bank account in those circumstances. They can only use funds from your bank if you initiate a refund with your bank as the funding source. They cannot do that off their own back. If PP are forced to issue a refund on an account holders behalf they can use available PP balance only. If no balance is available then PP will pay with their own money and the PP account will go negative balance and restricted until funds are added to cover the outstanding balance. Under those circumstances PP cannot draw money from linked bank accounts or linked credit/debit cards to recoup the money.

Last edited:
Nor surw if its the same but when i buy something with PayPal they take the money drom my account about 2 day later via direct debit
I was once asked for a refund on an item i sold on ebay and disputed this, paypal found in favour of the buyer and issued a refund, as there was no money in my PP account this was done using what they called an electronic cheque, the money was taked from my account by direct debit
Totally different. That's because it was an eBay transaction covered by eBay buyer/seller protection with different terms agreed when you sign up to sell on eBay.

I spent a year with a 5k negative PP balance after I got screwed over by someone and then PP. I refused to pay off a scammer so PP paid them and my account stayed negative with PP constantly asking me to bring my account in to balance. They could not touch my bank accounts or cards. Eventually I voluntarily paid up but wasn't happy about it.

eBay transactions are a different kettle of fish.

Last edited:
Totally different. That's because it was an eBay transaction covered by eBay buyer/seller protection with different terms agreed when you sign up to sell on eBay.

I spent a year with a 5k negative PP balance after I got screwed over by someone and then PP. I refused to pay off a scammer so PP paid them and my account stayed negative with PP constantly asking me to bring my account in to balance. They could not touch my bank accounts or cards. Eventually I voluntarily paid up but wasn't happy about it.

eBay transactions are a different kettle of fish.
That makes sense then,
5k, i would be spitting feathers!!!

Is this company even real.
I ordered a ijoy capo squonk on Friday and had an email telling me it had been despatched early Saturday morning.
I have tracked UK delivery but can't seem to find my tracking number. I've tried the order number but it is not recognised by royal mail. I have sent emails but no reply, I have also sent emails in the past about there products but never once received a reply. I have tried calling them but it keeps going through to voice mail.
After reading other people's issues I am starting to wonder if this company is even real. No wonder they only have a 1.6 rating on google!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom