What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Gearbest - "goodbye to all that.."

clouds_of-glory

Postman
There is an adage which is of the opinion that one's a dog bites, it can never be trusted again.

IMO., It can also be applied to messrs Gearbest - which saddens me because, until now, I have completed a couple of dozen successful purchases with them.

The details of my current complaint would be boring and irrelevant, suffice it to say that I strongly object to be lied to by their appalling UK 'partner', Yodel, and subjected to continual prevarication as Gearbest wriggle like a hooked worm as they attempt to evade their liability for a tracked and insured parcel.

I am unconcerned about the final outcome because I fully expect PayPal to honour their own responsibilities, but I am extremely disappointed with gearbest, and will certainly not be able to patronise them in the future.

Happily, Fasttech remain fast and reliable, but it would have been handy to have had an alternative source of supply - but more than one dog
bite is indicative of a penchant for masochism [emoji204

Obligatory self-censorship mode ON

"This is a personal review of a vendor/retailer that I have conducted a business transaction with. The following information reflects a true representation of the transaction between myself and the company identified. The opinions expressed, represent my own and not those ofthis website, planetofthevapes.co.uk. By posting this review I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out by the Planet of the Vapes website."

Obligatory self-censorship mode OFF

Last edited:
I have to say - I've used Gearbest for 3 plus years and only had 1 prob. The rdta threads on a deck had not been drilled. They gave me full refund and said keep the rdta- which I messaged the maker of the rdta and they sent me a free new deck.. so I got it all free and full refund.. Gutted you had a bad experience with them!! HOPE it gets sorted soon for you..

If this is a Yodel issue, not sure it's fair to blame our Chinese vendors.
We don't know every part of the courier chain from China and it's likely the sellers don't either.
In UK, we all know to avoid certain delivery services with dreadful reputations but the Chinese may only be getting wise to this aspect of delivery now.
Five times recently I got caught out by the dreaded Yodel service, three times from UK sellers (non vape goods) who never specified the courier service and twice from China (vape gear) who again made no mention of UK courier and why would they?
In every case, Yodel blatantly lied, the three UK deliveries are sorted out now but I'm still waiting to settle two Chinese deliveries and I believe through no fault of the Chinese sellers.
In one case, Yodel tracking showed me and the seller that their "system" had receive the package four days after despatch from China and attempted delivery once and left a card. All lies.
In the other case, Yodel informed the seller my package was held up in Customs. Seller advised me straight away and added points to loyalty system.
I almost got worried until I checked and realised package was paid for in sterling under £15 - just a cheap atty. No way Customs have it, it's obviously been lost.

If I buy in UK I try to check what system will be used and will avoid certain courier services even if it means buying elsewhere.
Buying from overseas we can't guarantee who will be in control of the last leg.

...... or don't choose the yodel option.

My preferred choice is to forgo the Gearbest option...

It's not the Yodel shenanigans than rankle - I've done enough on-line shopping over the years to be under no illusions about them!

To be made to jump through hoops by Gearbest, however is simply insulting.

My preferred choice is to forgo the Gearbest option...

It's not the Yodel shenanigans than rankle - I've done enough on-line shopping over the years to be under no illusions about them!

To be made to jump through hoops by Gearbest, however is simply insulting.

Fair enough mate ... I'm sorry you've had problems.

Back
Top Bottom