What's new

GearBest - GearPreOwned?

dogsdanglies

Postman
"This is a personal review of a vendor/retailer that I have conducted a business transaction with.
The following information reflects a true representation of the transaction between myself and the company identified. The opinions expressed, represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk.
By posting this review I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out by the Planet of the Vapes website."

This is not vape related, however gearbest is a big vape gear seller, to the folk of this community. And the aim of this post is to highlight that although this foreign vendor maybe very cheap, expect a hard time when things go wrong, and you maybe better purchasing from closer to home, as you have far more consumer rights.

- So after being happy with a few vape purchases, Christmas time came looming and my 4 year old lad wants a remote controlled car, i wanted one with soft tyres as the little bugger with be smashing it all around the house not doubt.

So having looked via google, there was nothing that offered a decent battery life + soft tyres. I then thought about gearbest on the off chance, and they had a ideal one, really cheap .. so i did a few clickys and its bought.

This is how it arrived:

The card board, should be a clear plastic viewing window, that has been repaired with card board before being sent out!!

^^ This image shows soiled tyres, there where little scratches all over it, you can see the one on top, on the black part.

- - I assume this is a pre owned, customer sent back item, they have patched up and sent to me, i didn't buy a used item, there is not a chance i would give this to anyone as a Christmas present.... A complete waste of time.

I contacted gearbest.

This is their reply:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused.
Please review our warranty here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html.
As the policy of our company, we offer three options:
(1)We are able to refund $5 to your GB wallet and we also offer worth 5 times GB points.(e.g. 1usd = 5 points 3usd=3*5 points).
(2)We can refund $5 to your GB points.
(3)We can refund $4 to your account you used when you placed the order.

Conclusion:
They offered me $5 ... wtf!!
I went to paypal filed a dispute, waited a week, gearbest didn't respond at all either via ticket or paypal.
I phoned paypal, i got a instant refund.

@gearbest.com care to comment?

- - We see cheap £$ signs, but everything that glitters isnt gold!

its good you got a refund and gearbest just seem to take the piss right now. i ordered some lg hg2`s about a month ago which were out fo stock but i could wait so paid and waited for the dispatch day it went past nothing happened so i emailed them and got told it would be atleast 7-15 days before they would get them instock as there was a problem somewere. thats the bit that peed me off i had to contact them to find out what was happening why could`nt they have done it and i bet they knew about it for atleast a week or maybe more but they didnt bother there ass informing me

Back
Top Bottom