What's new

Beware of this seller

pipistroller

Postman
Hi everyone,

Before I start this review, This review is my own opinion, not connected to the forum or their view.

I started a thread a while back on everything ecigs called is my mod failing with pics but thought I would start this one here as this takes it further.

I bought a Smok GX2/4 kit from a company called hiphopjuice.co.uk . Before I bought it, I emailed them and asked what guarantee they give if the mod messes up. The guy didn't email me back but phoned me instead and told me if gives 6 weeks guarantee on mods but doesn't give any guarantee on tanks for 'hygiene' reasons. I thought I was safe as I was buying a kit from him so went ahead and bought it. It took almost 2 weeks to get to me. Everything was fine for one week but then there was a weird thing on my screen. Behind the screen it looked like grey and grey lines. As we still had hiphopjuice's phone number, hubby called them for me and explained what was going on after 1 week of use. He started off by saying that it was my fault as I must have left it sitting ON a hot radiator - of course I hadn't. Hubby explained that I am OCD with my mods and that I really look after them. Hubby was informed that he wasn't prepared to do anything about it. He ended up telling OH that he might replace the mod but couldn't guarantee it would be in a sealed box but that he would not take back the tank for 'hygiene' reasons. Hubby told him I bought it as a kit and that it should be returned as a kit to be replaced with a new one.... guy didn't want to know. Hubby told him we would tell everyone what he is doing and ended the call - thats the short version ... hiphopjuice then emailed me to say that it sounds like manufacturer is at fault for the mod and he might replace the mod but not the tank but not in a sealed box - I told him I wanted a refund as the mod isn't right and its only a week old - a week and a couple of days actually. He refused to refund me. He eventually gave me his 'shop' address and told me I could send it to him where it would be inspected to check if I had damaged it - of course I didn't do this as he was totally untrustworthy.

I bought it here and many of you apes told me to go to paypal which I did.

I explained what had happened on the phone to one of their agents who told me not to worry they would get my money back for me. They said I was entitled to either a replacement of money back whichever I chose. I was told to leave it with them and they would contact me when they needed me to do something but NOT to return it as yet.

I have had a response back from paypal who have sided with hiphopjuice. When they made the claim, they put it under ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED. Their response was that the item did arrive with me totally as described and went on to example what this means. they said eg, it was not a table advertised but I received a chair. They said I paid for a mod kit which I received in the correct colour and correct description. They therefore were not going to do anything to get my money refunded. I called paypal and explained that I had never said it was not as described but that something went wrong with it after just over a week's use. They responded saying their decision was final and I was not allowed to appeal.

I could probably go to my credit card company which I used to pay through paypal and try for a chargeback but I have read that paypal have closed people's accounts for doing this and its growing in numbers. I don't want that to happen so I am stuck with the mod and feel totally scammed both by hiphopjuice and paypal.

OH went on a bit of a mission to find out more about this hiphopjuice. We put the 'shop' address into google maps and it shows a house - no shop at all. OH then called a few vape shops in the town this 'shop' is in and asked if they know of a vape shop in the road we were given. Every one of them said there are no shops there let alone vape shops and all confirmed there are only houses there. OH told them what had happened. They said there as a guy went around the shops a while back asking them all if they wanted to buy non tpd vape equipment and that he could supply everything they needed and said it sounded like the same person - they told me the guy had an accent - hiphopjuice has an accent also so we are thinking its him.

Between the vape shops in that area and ourselves, we have worked out that this is a guy claiming to be a vape shop but is in actual fact someone who set up a website from home, you order your vape mods etc, he orders it from China, gets it sent to him then he sends it to you at a marked up price.

He is a con so please beware of him

Sorry this was long

Last edited:
I possibly would go down the CC route, just on principal. I'm sure paypal won't ban you it's likely for repeated instances.

In the future go for a well known shop. Also you're very safe buying from ebay, ebay always side with the buyer whatever the scenario.

Well Ebay and paypal are all one now so I don't know if ebay will continue siding with the buyer.

It has made me very wary of buying from the web now ... I have a few vape sites I buy from that I know are good but I'm now worried about trying any new sellers or shops

Just so you are aware, if the amount was under £100 (I'm guessing it was), CC company can do very little.

Most retailers offer a shocking/none existent warranty on Mods, I must have missed the part under the Consumer Rights Act where they are exempt. Had similar dealings with a shop, luckily I paid on credit card and total was over £100 so CC company got my money back. Hope it really pissed off the shop, just to stick knife in also reported them to Trading Standards, probably did nothing but I felt better.

Couldn't you put another claim into PayPal but under a different category than "not as described"?

Good luck with getting this resolved.

Just so you are aware, if the amount was under £100 (I'm guessing it was), CC company can do very little.

Most retailers offer a shocking/none existent warranty on Mods, I must have missed the part under the Consumer Rights Act where they are exempt. Had similar dealings with a shop, luckily I paid on credit card and total was over £100 so CC company got my money back. Hope it really pissed off the shop, just to stick knife in also reported them to Trading Standards, probably did nothing but I felt better.

Couldn't you put another claim into PayPal but under a different category than "not as described"?

Good luck with getting this resolved.

Where the chargeback from cc is concerned I have read that they will if its £100 or more. The kit didn't cost that much.

I quoted the consumer rights act both to hipjopjuice and to paypal but it made no difference to them.

I did tell paypal I would put in a new claim but they said I could not as it would link to the one they have rejected as item was a described.

Nothing I can do except warn people what hipjopjuice really are !!

Where the chargeback from cc is concerned I have read that they will if its £100 or more. The kit didn't cost that much.

I quoted the consumer rights act both to hipjopjuice and to paypal but it made no difference to them.

I did tell paypal I would put in a new claim but they said I could not as it would link to the one they have rejected as item was a described.

They can request a chargeback if under £100, but not force one. They deal with the retailers bank but, unsurprisingly, the banks never agree and side with the retailer. The CC company may offer you a small goodwill gesture though, a friend of mine did it for £70 and got a £35 goodwill gesture when retailers bank rejected the chargeback. Not perfect but better than nothing.

i would contact paypal again and explain the situation that you have contacted other shops in the area and they all say he is a cowboy and runs the site from his house and they have also been offered illegal pre tpd stock from the same fella and see if that sways them in any way.

also if it is the same bloke then you would have thought some of the shops would have contacted trading standards.

Moved to negative review as it sounds like it needs to be here.

Could you add the disclaimer @pipistroller

@MrDJ has a list of good places to shop.

I agree the warranty is shocking with vape gear!

Hi Pipistroller, how are you, and OH ?

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Only thing you can do now is report them to Trading Standards, if you have not already done so.

Again, sorry to hear about your problem, but thanks for warning us about these bastards.

Regards badboybez

Back
Top Bottom