What's new

Written review of the iTaste express

danfoshizzle

Achiever
This shant be too long I promise :P

I ordered this battery as my first step into the world of Variable Voltage and what a good stepping stone it has turned out to be,

Looks
I have had many a glance whilst toking on this, have had remarks such as "it looks like a lipstick" which to be fair it probably would suit someone more feminine than myself, but I think this little device looks awesome, square in shape, with a mirrored led and a big power button, it looks lovely!

Daily use
I have used this daily for the past few weeks, and it has been a pleasure to use, easy to change voltages, anything with a 510 fitting fits perfect. Ego threaded is a no-no though, my vivi nova is the skirted version and this simply does not fit, I have to use a 510 to ego connection in between which is a shame as the vivi does fit flush, but does not secure properly. It also does usb passthrough which I find myself using quite alot.

On occasion the iTaste will mis-fire, which I have since discovered is because the button is a "loose" fit, you will think you are pressing but in actual fact you are not pressing it correctly, it needs to pushed straight in from the middle, nothing else will make it fire :P

A word on build quality
This device has a rather bad build quality, scratches rather easily, even just from pocketing it gets little pitted marks, and don't drop it!, not even once, as it dents really easily, mine has a big dent in it, which does not affect use, but is rather unsightly.

The button also fell out, which to me was nothing a bit of glue did not fix, but to someone less handy than me would be a worrying thing to happen, and the small metal button insert could quite easily be lost

Round up
All in all though I still enjoy using this, it looks good even with a big fat dent in it, its just heavy enough to know you are using it, and feels good in hand, and to me seems just a rung up from an ego twist,

Would I buy one over the Vamo? No, but if you wanted easy rechargeable, and a usb passthrough in one, then it something to definitely look at!

Danfoshizzle from POTV

Disclaimer: This are my opinions and mine alone, not those of POTV, its members, the prime minister or any other body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom