What's new

Olympus "dual" atomiser.

Whistler

Postman
This is a review of the Olympus atomiser from by Vape Spirit. It is available from their site. http://vapers-shop.net/en/95-olympus-hybrid-atomizer.html

The site itself is a very good site with a good selection.

Onto the Olympus, the selling point for this atomiser is that it can be set up in a Genesis style atomiser and also a silica wick, bottom fed atomiser.

I recieved this last week and have tried it for a few days in each mode.

The atomiser itself comes in a lovely box with everything you need to get started. The atomiser was wrapped in a lovely cloth on top of the bag of bits and then the silica, mesh, wire and some sera filter wool.

When the atomiser arrived it was already set up in genesis style. Me, being me, decided to see how hard it was to switch to silica mode. Following the video on the site i found it was extremely easy. Undo a screw here, replace a tube there, screw back together etc. Stuck some sera in, filled it and was very impressed, albeit finding the draw rather airy. I looked at the atty and found the two air holes, one in the bottom for this mode, and the one in the top cap for genesis mode. I tried a few different things to change the draw then emailed Vape spirit to make sure i hadn't missed something. Turns out i had! There is a small tube that you screw into the top that connects to the driptip, bypassing the top air hole. Felling the idiot i was i quickly attached it and vaped away. The coil sits in a very small ceramic part with the positive and negative posts directly either side. I set up the wick the same as i would a spheroid, lasso wick. To be honest the vape is pretty much on par with the spheroid, the only difference being size and capacity. The Olympus can hold upto 6ml.

So vaped until the juice ran out, and overcoming a high level of nic sickness (yes it does hit that hard)I worked at setting it to genesis style. Once again nice and straight forward. Made my wick (straw wick) and made my coil, came in at 1.5 ohms. pretty much bang on, a quick tweak of a coil here and there (again user error) and once again vaped away. I have found the draw quite tight in this mode, almost like the cobra (which i used as a comparison). Played with the cap and found my sweet spot for airflow and is lovely. The hole is 1.2mm as i have been told, i might even open up a little more too.

Overall i am very impressed with this atty, i am still relatively new, not perfected genesis at all and make quite a few messy coils. I have found both modes very straightforward and easy to set up.

It is currently retailing at 65 euros before shipping, but will be going up to 90 euros when they have exhausted the current supply i think. In total i paid 71 euros, anything over 70 gives free postage. I believe postage itself is around 7 euros.

Thank you for reading and i hope I didnt bore you too much. Here is a pic on top of my Roller.
t0U5iPL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom