What's new

GoldenMod review

AndyC1971

Veteran
Right I bought this mod last week from the classies, and will admit that it was a impulse buy. Now I have found people on here to be in 3 different camps, you have the VV crew, thoses whose weapon of choice is things like eGos or Provaris. You have the Mech Mod posse, and these people adore mech mods and then you have the VW massif, that adore Vamos, SVDs, etc etc. Now I make no apologies but I am firmly in the last camp, but have been wondering for the last few weeks, am I in the right one?? I need to experience some of the other items, so I purchased this.

Now I when opening the package, it was all wrapped really well, and 6 days to get here was awesome. Probably 24 hours in Polish mails hands, and 5 days in Royal Mail, but hey I digress, and I was greeted by nice parts, but were a little soiled like Brass can get, so I set about cleaning them all with Brasso, and Ta-Da: -

P1000164.jpg

Now this is a 14650 mod, no doubt about that, because the chunky plastic has been used as a spacer for a 14500 battery. So I am now itching to get it all together and pop on a atty.

Now I bought a gold vivi nova, and also the protank, the pictures are as follows: -

P1000166.jpg

P1000165.jpg

Now I chose to use the protank.

The dimensions of this bottom firer, are as follows: -

Height: 98mm

Diameter: 15mm

Now, I do like this, and have already gone through a full charge on a 14500 battery, and have a 14650 on order. Plenty of vapour and flavour using a 1.9 ohm head, but it hasnt set my world on fire. It hasnt grabbed me and said join the Mech Mod posse. Whilst doing this review, I am back to vaping on my Tesla.

I will give it time, but not looking hopeful :(

Think Im in the VV/VW camp but I have also wondered and I do like the looks and shineys available in mech

Nice review though I'm not in any 'camp' tbh. I move from device to device depending on my mood and circumstances.

Nice review though I'm not in any 'camp' tbh. I move from device to device depending on my mood and circumstances.

Ahhh....but that is because you are my 'cool' older brother. You must have a preference though :)

Good review bud, its definitely "bling" hehe :) I must be a weirdo :D I like using fully mechanical and Vv/vw mods, what ohm coil you got in the protank, I find anything over about 1.8ohm to be a bit naff on a mech :)

Good review bud, its definitely "bling" hehe :) I must be a weirdo :D I like using fully mechanical and Vv/vw mods, what ohm coil you got in the protank, I find anything over about 1.8ohm to be a bit naff on a mech :)

1.9 ohm :) Its fine, plenty of flavour and vape, but it just hasnt grabbed me, really quite disappointed if I am honest :(

Make sure youre using a low ohm coil, very important for mech mods!

I am on a 1.3ohm on this tele that you sent me and Ive used it all day with CLOUDS!

1.9 ohm :) Its fine, plenty of flavour and vape, but it just hasnt grabbed me, really quite disappointed if I am honest :(

Ah that's a shame, can always put it on the classies, sure someone will love it, must admit I've never fancied a 14xx mod, I prefer a bit more girth ;) :D

Though, if feeling a bit raucous, I can go down as far as 0.7ohm (Which will be jeered at by people who take it down to 0.6, the elitist jocky straps), I average between 1.4-1.7ohm with my device coils wot I build for my mechs.
I always have at least one vw in the house, and a spinner that can be handy out and about, but they must give me less joy because I use them a helluva lot less. A vw device is a very forgiving friend in troubled times though, pop anything on it and crank it up.
Whatever floats your boat.

** Off to re wick a 1.3 ohm head. Three wraps of 0.2 on 3mm silica, here we come :D **

Back
Top Bottom