What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The 'Quick' and Dirty Review Thread

Digicig

Postman
Short for me, anyway ;)

Gotvapes 'Stallion' Hybrid Cartomisers - 6.69 GBP for 5 empties
Sort of a cross between a cartomiser and a top-coil CE2 - fill down the sides with Spiky Thing or bottle.
510 cartomizers at 3.0ohm with 2.0ohm performace
Top-Coil Hybrid with less filler than a conventional filler carto.
With this listing you receive a 5PK of BLACK Empty STALLION Cartomizers and with each carto sealed at the mouthpiece and connector end with a rubber condom.

Less muted Flavour than the average Carto and Good Vapour Production, with Medium to Good TH.
Apparently, adding a normal 510 DT pushes the coil down - reducing the capacity - so did it and got about 1.8mlish in
wink.png

So far an excellent carto - longer than usual (55mm with thread) and looking forward to trying these in a tank
biggrin.gif

View attachment 632
Addendum
Fit in a Big Daddy Tank - stripped of it's sticker and a couple of holes punched - Great Vape :D

Last edited:
Kanger KR Bottom Coil - Bonus in me last HC delivery

1-1.2ml capacity BC Clearo - fill from top (with Spiky Thing - the only leak-free way i've found)
Prefer the Phoenix BC's for Flavour but these are Good and more convenient to fill
wink.png

From Vape Escape yesterday - ordered Thursday
smiling.png

Vammo - really liking this mod - especially with the mini mode! Get 3 hours ish with an 18350 - OK with a spare for zipping out and about
wink.png

Great power options fa RBA's - easy to adjust - not sure about the Ohm meter's accuracy or consistency tho
angel.gif

Vision eGo to 510 adapter - giving thee the option of using thy own DT with a Stardust - Yay!
biggrin.gif

Doesn't make a snug fit with all me DT's - without changing O-rings anyway - so no Cherry Vape without a tweak
sad.png

Found an ally ming (more similar to the CV Pawn) that fits well - and love the difference it makes to the feel of the Vape
angel.png

Was asked about comparing the AGA-W with other RBA's i've tried thus far.

Hmm - relatively hard to tell so thought i'd do a quick and dirty comparison -
cos of the 4 Gene's i've tried - a Mini Did, a mini dud, 5ml Cobra and the AGA-W - they all have different size 'chambers' - so produce slightly different Shapes to their Vape's - but in size order:

The Mini Did has the smallest capacity 2ml (ish) and chamber - means that it heats up quickest and therefore best in cold weather, fits best on eGo's and smaller devices (GLV2 mini ) - but am having an issue at the mo with the nuts on the centre post wiggling lose and breaking the connection .
Edit
sorted (i think
wink.png
) - should add that this was me 1st Gene - figured if i could manage on of the smallest - larger ones would be easier - and they have been
wink.png

The Mini Dud (Chinese RBA) - capacity 2.5ml - bigger chamber and just fits on me GLV-XL mini without an adapter. Trouble is the centre pin seems to move up and therefore looses connection with the device Aside from that a good Vape! Also fits on the GLV-Xl mini without an adapter
biggrin.gif

The AGA-W - 3ml capacity - largest chamber so far - biggish gap between negative and centre post making a top coil hotspot more likely - aside from that - good vape - heavier than the 5ml Cobra
surprised.png
Once set up works very well too! Well worth a punt - especially for the price!
biggrin.gif

The 5ml Cobra - light but HUGE - Has some wicking issues to get over - used a dual core wick and got it working OK - U-wick might be better? Loads of possible combinations: single or dual wick, U wick even silica
surprised.png
- Huge chamber and only really looks right on a Big Battery device - great Shape to the Vape, very thick texture and the most pipe like in that respect - TBH great RBA but will be reselling due to size vs preference to smaller devices!

The chamber size seems to effect the Shape of the Vape most - the bigger the chamber - the thicker or denser the Vapour produced - which generally is me preference - but as i vape 60/40 VG/PG this seems to allow for higher PG juices to compete
wink.png

The AGA-W is very good - but i seem to have a preference for smaller more versatile RBA's and the mini Dud was quite enjoyable (and will happily use once i sort out the centre pin movement
rolleyes.gif
) - so may give the AGA-S from Toby a try. Is the AGA-W worth the dollar - yes, but i'd be tempted to wait and see what further revisions offer - and will be trying Toby's AGA-S unless January brings something equally interesting
wink.png

Should do a ranking i suppose
wink.png

1 Mini Did - now sorted it's a great size and the best in the current cold weather
2 AGA-W - great as an at home Gene - and superb vlaue if it lasts
3 5ml Cobra - Excellent RBA - faultlessly designed and built - light but scores lower as it's size for me has meant i haven't used it enough to justify owning it
sad.png

4 Mini Dud - if i get the centre post issue sorted this would be a close 2nd, as i like it's size and looks good on the GLV-XL - and Vapes very well!

Feel free to add thy own brief descriptions of thy RBA experiences below
wink.png

Last edited:
Just received a couple of eVod BCC's from Toby at iVapour-elixir as i was looking for a new miser for me back-up device (prefer one that can be thrown in a bag and forgotten about, not leak, can handle me 80/20 VG/PG juice, and works good enough to temporarily replace a Genesis - not after much then
angel.gif
)

Straight out of the box - unscrewed the bottom - added me DIY Tobacco Praze (80/20 VG/PG) - rither carefully straight from a bottle or via Spiky Thing, popped in onto a 'Fatboy' Spinner at 3.2v's and - really good flavour and VP from the off
biggrin.gif
Holds about 2mlish

The Vape is warmer than i expected, though still coolish - and at least unmodded - the 1.8Ohm (2-2.1 Ohms by the Vamo and Gripper) 'head' doesn't like going above 3.3V's on anything PWM - Spinner, Twist and past 5W's on the Vamo - and yet is fine on me GLV2 mini with a battery reading 4.1V's - PWM has limitations with LR BCC's
angel.gif

Will wait to see on the other criteria - but so far the eVod has promise - looks good and works well on me GLV and even a 'lowly' standard eGo
wink.png
The Draw is an ickle airy - it has 3 airholes in the base 0 i closed off 2 - gives a tighter and warmer Vape - and no dry hits yet
biggrin.gif

Will report back via a review over the weekend!

OK so i was intrigued: and got me StiG V meter out:

Allowing for eGo adapters:

GLV - battery 3.85v - with eVod - 3.13v
Uranus - battery 3.46v - with eVod - 3.14v
[email protected] - 3.2v - with eVod - 3.15
[email protected] - 3.57 - with eVod - 3.45 - and OK fir short bursts

Now the eVod's only on it's 2nd tank - be interesting to compare in a couple of days and will in the review
wink.png

Edit

10 days (50+ml) in and still performing well and since i unblocked the holes hits 10W's on the Vamo without burning
Loving the eVod on me GLV - back to being my out and about and throw it about mod of preference :D

Whilst i still prefer RBA's for the Shape of the Vape - the eVod is an acceptable, no faff alternative - will recommend this to anyone, noob or experienced for this reason.

Full Review in a slightly delayed February Viva Vaping ;)

The Dingo SS-M from AtmiZoo

View attachment 5402

I'd been checking the site for a while and kept on missing the SS-M when it was available. Then on Monday someone mentioned on UKV (i think) that they were up on site; so promptly popped one in me basket and pulled the trigger ;)
It arrived via DHL this afternoon whilst i was out - and came back to a wonderful surprise :D

Certainly the smallest 18350 i've had the chance to play with - and possibly the heaviest too - but in a good solid sort of way.

The threads are silky smooth, and general build quality unbeaten in my experience to date.

The buttons SS but feels more like silicon from the smoothness of it's action, and just 'turn 90 degrees' to lock it.

the Dingo seems to have a great Vape to power ratio - and currently it's allowing the VH Verti to perform like a Line V2.

So 1st Impressions of the Dingo SS-M are destinctly 'Favourable' LoL :D

Digicig - I hate to e a killjoy but are you pre-formatting your text but for most of the above posts I get black text on a very dark grey background and it's only legible if I highlight it with ma mooooose and then - very difficult to read.

oops - have the white background on mine and works fine - thanks for the heads up and will try to play later ;)

Hopefully this will be better ;)

Size Comparison of mods in 18350 mode:
Vamo, 'Super-Natural' and Dingo

18350VamoNaturalDingo_zpsf9faf606.jpg

the Dingo is not only the Diddiest but the most solid feeling too:

Vamo - 156g
'Super-Natural' - 127g
Dingo - 115g

Back
Top Bottom