What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pugsley's Game Changing Review of the GC Homogenizer & DIY Flavor Chaser One Shots

Yep you did warn me it was a long read :D. Bloody worth it though, although I'd have liked more mad science gifs :rotflmao:
Great read mate & certainly opened my eyes to the potential & when I stop being lazy & get mixing again I'll be seriously considering the GC.

when I stop being lazy & get mixing again I'll be seriously considering the GC.
Yep...that was me, I'd gotten completely lazy with mixing, really slapdash, I take it way more seriously since I've had this thing though, it's awesome. Thanks fr reading and commenting brother, very much appreciate it ;)

i am sceptical about the rationale behind this machine. the ingredients in eliquid don’t need to be homogenised
Oh, I meant to say, Major e-liquid manufacturers have been homogenizing their e-liquid for years, just on a bigger scale, or did you think they mixed it 6 weeks in advance and stored it? ....nope....they bang that shit out as fast as they can make it ;)

Im no introducing pots n pans n thermometers n beakers n shit to rustle up a mix....ffs....whit a carry on, take longer to clean up aw your shit, than a good steep:)
Industrial makers on a grand scale aye.... but a wee DIYer doing 30- 100 ml....naw

Im no introducing pots n pans n thermometers n beakers n shit to rustle up a mix....ffs....whit a carry on, take longer to clean up aw your shit, than a good steep:)
Industrial makers on a grand scale aye.... but a wee DIYer doing 30- 100 ml....naw
Man I wish I had your patience ;) lol, I'd rather spend 5 minutes washing a pan and a beaker than wait a month for steeping, it's always annoyed the shit out of me.

Thank you very much ;) Always nice to hear :2thumbsup:, and I will pass on your comments to Guitarded too :22::2thumbsup:

You're not the first person I've seen talking about the oxydising effects of the nic on a mix and for that reason I don't add the nic when I mix up a batch. Instead I only add my nicotine the day before I'm going to vape it and that seems to be working really well.

Actually that's not quite right, E-liquid base isn't designed for e-liquid, it also doesn't play very well, VG is a poor solvent, have you ever tried to use VG flavourings?...absolute nightmare, and the only thing that's really worked in the past to allow the VG to absorb the flavour is time, this eliminates that by forcing it together, also...oxidization is the enemy, it will change the flavour of your nic, so the less oxygen the better, this doesn't introduce more air in to the mix than is already in there like most mixers do.
I was skeptical, In fact....I think everyone I know that has now bought one was, but they all say the same thing, homogenizing e-liquid with the GC gives you exactly the same juice as one that's been left on the shelf for a month or more, and some of these people didn't actually want it to work, they were too set in their ways and didn't want to admit they were wrong, but they've all admitted that it works.
I've tested it to the best of my ability and I have absolutely no doubt about it at all, I've done probably....17 or 18 mixes altogether, all long steepers that I would normally lock away for a month to 6 weeks, they are all vape ready, every single one.
But I get the impression that you won't believe me no matter what I say haha, so hang fire, wait a bit, you'll hear it from more credible sources than me, and then maybe the proof will be in the pudding ;)

what i meant is that i’m sceptical about what it is that’s actually
happening. i wasn’t questioning the effect the thing has on the flavours, you’ve tested it out and like the result, that is what it is.

i think there is more to steeping than just how it affects flavour, although all the factors might be interlinked. the paper in the link below proposes that the oxidation of nic in a mixed eliquid creates a substance called nicotyrine, that actually potentials nicotine and makes it’s effect more satisfying and longer lasting. i definitely find i agree with this based on my own experience. i think this isn’t the same as just leaving a bottle of 72mg in vg out on a windowsill, and there was another paper i read a good while ago that also talked about the effect of flavour chemicals in this process but i can’t find it. someone had linked it on here a few years ago.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987715002212?via=ihub

i should say i’m not a chemist either, i might be way off or drawing wrong conclusions. and who knows, maybe your device is also speeding up this chemical process as well?

Man I wish I had your patience ;) lol, I'd rather spend 5 minutes washing a pan and a beaker than wait a month for steeping, it's always annoyed the shit out of me.

forward planning, I have mixes easy on a 6 month plus steep;)

I only get through about 10ml juice a day and I make up 1/2 pint bottles and always have two flavours on the go simultaneously so it takes me about two months to use them both up.

Once I empty a bottle and start on a new one I just refill the empty again and leave it alone for two months without any nic which, as I said, I add the day before I start vaping it. It's a little rotation system that seems to work really well for me.

Back
Top Bottom