What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pugsley's Game Changing Review of the GC Homogenizer & DIY Flavor Chaser One Shots

I'm also not a chemist but it seems to stand to reason that the gases can only be from heat energy caused by the friction of the mixing process but chemically the gases can only be made up of whatever ingredients are present in the liquid plus any air that's also present.

I asked him for and forwarded on your question. :grin2:

"Minutia. Aeration is kept to a minimum with these and totally eliminated in closed system homogenizers. Directing her to the Silverson videos could be helpful but so many have a mindset that that mixing is some elusive and magical process based on assumptions that it can be maddening. While minuscule, stirring and shaking would cause “friction” too. It is particle size that is being dealt with by mechanical forces. I leave chemistry to the chemists."

I'm also not a chemist but it seems to stand to reason that the gases can only be from heat energy caused by the friction of the mixing process but chemically the gases can only be made up of whatever ingredients are present in the liquid plus any air that's also present.

i think the bubbles are air bubbles, drawn in to the liquid by the mixing process.

I'd still be fascinated to better understand the what's happening to the chemical structure of the liquid during steeping or homogenising / mixing. It seems to me that you're forcing all the atoms of all the different ingredients to bond together into a single chemical compound that's consistant throughout.

My mini mixer still seems to do a pretty good job for me and the flavours are working really well but it's always interesting the learn more that can help to get even better results.

Great job on the review BTW. You obviously worked really hard on it and well done also to your friend for his innovative idea. We'd all still be vaping cigarette shaped disposable cartomizers if it wasn't for that kind of inventiveness.

i think the bubbles are air bubbles, drawn in to the liquid by the mixing process.

Thay was my first thought but the inventor says not which was why I asked the question.

I'd still be fascinated to better understand the what's happening to the chemical structure of the liquid during steeping or homogenising / mixing. It seems to me that you're forcing all the atoms of all the different ingredients to bond together into a single chemical compound that's consistant throughout.

My mini mixer still seems to do a pretty good job for me and the flavours are working really well but it's always interesting the learn more that can help to get even better results.

Great job on the review BTW. You obviously worked really hard on it and well done also to your friend for his innovative idea. We'd all still be vaping cigarette shaped disposable cartomizers if it wasn't for that kind of inventiveness.

Thay was my first thought but the inventor says not which was why I asked the question.

my belief is that steeping is a combination of processes, but mostly the effects we are looking for are from chemical reactions between the concentrates and freebase nic. this affects the colour, flavour, but also has an effect on the nicotine itself and forms at least one new chemical compound that affects how we absorb it. oxidation and other things i think are probably also going on, as we are aware nic solution itself changes colour over time if left at room temp.

i am sceptical about the rationale behind this machine. the ingredients in eliquid don’t need to be homogenised, because they already mix readily (in most cases, at least, unless you are using concentrates with oil or some other substance that separates out of the mix).

i am sceptical about the rationale behind this machine. the ingredients in eliquid don’t need to be homogenised, because they already mix readily (in most cases, at least, unless you are using concentrates with oil or some other substance that separates out of the mix).
Actually that's not quite right, E-liquid base isn't designed for e-liquid, it also doesn't play very well, VG is a poor solvent, have you ever tried to use VG flavourings?...absolute nightmare, and the only thing that's really worked in the past to allow the VG to absorb the flavour is time, this eliminates that by forcing it together, also...oxidization is the enemy, it will change the flavour of your nic, so the less oxygen the better, this doesn't introduce more air in to the mix than is already in there like most mixers do.
I was skeptical, In fact....I think everyone I know that has now bought one was, but they all say the same thing, homogenizing e-liquid with the GC gives you exactly the same juice as one that's been left on the shelf for a month or more, and some of these people didn't actually want it to work, they were too set in their ways and didn't want to admit they were wrong, but they've all admitted that it works.
I've tested it to the best of my ability and I have absolutely no doubt about it at all, I've done probably....17 or 18 mixes altogether, all long steepers that I would normally lock away for a month to 6 weeks, they are all vape ready, every single one.
But I get the impression that you won't believe me no matter what I say haha, so hang fire, wait a bit, you'll hear it from more credible sources than me, and then maybe the proof will be in the pudding ;)

Thank you very much ;) Always nice to hear :2thumbsup:, and I will pass on your comments to Guitarded too :22::2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom