What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Nitecore D4 Digi Charger

Various Reviews

Postman
Everyone who uses a mod that utilises external batteries knows that you will need some sort of external battery charger. I decided to go with the Nitecore D4 Digi Charger due to the companies repute for these kind of products. I personally bought mine from IMR Batteries, arguably the most reputable battery and charger vendor on the market. I buy from them because its guaranteed authenticity or you are refunded. You can shop there yourself: https://www.imrbatteries.com although the cheapest I have found it online was here: https://www.zapals.com/nitecore-d4-...sWY5_XiX9W78TiNe8CX-MQOZSDCn5lQyFZhoCeujw_wcB

When my package came I received it in a typical box that was quite appealing to my sight. I opened the package and it contained the following:
- 1 Nitecore D4 Digi Charger
- 1 12v DC wall charger
- User manual
- Scratch and sniff authentication serial number
IMG_20170620_194847_hdr.jpg

I was very impressed with the look and feel of this product to start off with, it looks very sleek and durable in design. The 12v DV wall adapter is very reassuring for power distribution, I am highly impressed with this.
IMG_20170620_194750_hdr.jpg

Ive used this product quite a bit over the course of 4 months so far, here are the specifications and features so you can decide for yourself.
Specifications:
- LiFePO4, Lithium-ion, Ni-MH, NiCd charge types
- 10440, 14500, 16340 (RCR123), 17500, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 22650, 26650, AA, AAA, AAAA, C compatibility
- Input – AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz, .35A (MAX), DC 12V 1A
- Output (MAX) – 4.2V +/-1% | 3.7V +/-1% | 1.48V +/-1%
- .375A x 4 channels or .75A x 2 channels
- Intelligent circuitry detects the battery type and status before entering automatic charge mode (CC, CV, dV/dt)
- Charge Control - -dV/dt, CC (Constant-current), CV (Constant-voltage)
- Weight - 230 grams
- Dimensions - LGTH - 14.30 x WDTH - 9.90 x DMTR - 3.60 cm
Features:
- Optimized charging design for IMR batteries
- Integrated LCD panel clearly displays charging parameters and progress
- Two conveniently located side buttons allow easy selection of specific battery types and charging parameters
- Intelligent circuitry detects the battery type and status before entering automatic charge mode (CC, CV, dV/dt)
- Automatically detects battery power status and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode, except LiFePO4 batteries which requires manual selection
- Automatically stops when charging is complete and prevents batteries from being over-charged
- Features temperature monitoring to prevent over-heating
- Features reverse polarity protection if you accidentally insert a battery the wrong way
- Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC, and CECInsured worldwide by Ping An Insurance Group of China, Ltd.
- Circuit Detection
- Protected Circuit
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Over Voltage Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
-Over Discharging Protection

!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!
There has been reports of a substantial amount of counterfeit clones of the Nitecore D4 in circulation! There are many flaws that can be easily pointed out to indentify one of these fakes. The fake Nitecore D4s have been known to catch on fire due to dodgy wiring. Here is how you can spot if you have a fake.

Character spacing is wider than original for "(RCR123)" text. Spelling mistake for the word "Worldwide"
fake-nitecore-2.jpg
fake-nitecore-2.jpg

- Differences in validation code sticker.
- No 3D Hologram for D4.
- Typeface used.
- Orange pattern background and green floral logo.
- Grey coating strip for validation code.
- QRcode.Rounder edges for the sticker

These are a few of the tell tale signs that you have a fake D4. For full information on this issue visit this website: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/44203

Over these past months I've grown to really enjoy this product, but have also found things I'm not so fond of as well.

Pros:
- Great look and feel
- Very durable
- 12V DC wall charger
- Great charging process for optimal battery lifespan
- Diverse battery charging, so many different kinds of batteries can be charged
- LCD screen is very clear
- LCD screen displays battery voltage, current mah charge, and duration of charge as well as many other options
- Shuts off port when battery is fully charged to prevent over charging and heating
- Automatically detects the type of battery and charges at the optimal setting
- Good price point
- 4 charge ports

Cons:
- The negative contact pins seem to be flimsy when being pushed down for compatibility

So in conclusion, as you can see I could only find one genuine con with this charger. This is an all around great multi-smart-charger for any vaper to have if you have multiple batteries to be charged at a time frequently. It is durable, easy to use, and the optimization to save battery life is hands down steal on this! I recommend essentially anyone to buy this product if you are looking for a good, durable, relatively cheap external smart charger for your vape batteries.

Thank you for reading my review on this product! If you have any questions or if I left anything out feel free to ask in the post or message me!

MUCH LOVE AND VAPE ON!

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_194807_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20170620_194807_hdr.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 121
  • fake-nitecore-1.jpg
    fake-nitecore-1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom