What's new

Review Fogstar Wrap Repair Kit Bundle

Nitecore D4, since I've had the MiBoxer C4, that hasn't happened, I still use the Nitecore but not much at all.

OK, I wondered because that damage looks like from taking the batteries out of the charger, it's why I stopped using my Xtar is was way too snappy and the neg ends were kind of sharp, if you weren't really really careful they would scrape along the edge of the battery and do exactly what that looks like.

During years of vaping I never had to rewrap a battery, never saw any damage in the way of nicks etc, until I started using the Billetbox. Fucking harsh on batts that one, had to rewrap those cells regularly.
I've always used Nitecore chargers, no issues at all with them.
Damaged wraps must be a mod related thing, some sleds/bays are obviously much worse than others, or it's just plain old cack-handed mishandling.

I like Fogstar and I currently use Molicels

OK, I wondered because that damage looks like from taking the batteries out of the charger, it's why I stopped using my Xtar is was way too snappy and the neg ends were kind of sharp, if you weren't really really careful they would scrape along the edge of the battery and do exactly what that looks like.

I've always thought the Nitecore was overrated, I paid (relatively speaking) a lot of money for it, £40 or something like that, to make sure I had an authentic one. Back then, 2015 or 16, there were tons of clones around. 4 bats charging at 350mah each is insanely slow, I didn't realise until after I had bought it.

I've always thought the Nitecore was overrated, I paid (relatively speaking) a lot of money for it, £40 or something like that, to make sure I had an authentic one. Back then, 2015 or 16, there were tons of clones around. 4 bats charging at 350mah each is insanely slow, I didn't realise until after I had bought it.

yeah I use a D2 it is very slow ... but it works and it's been reliable for 5 years now, so I'm loathed to change it. :D

I only run down maybe 2 batteries a week though, so it's fine.

I only run down maybe 2 batteries a week though, so it's fine.

Eh :hmm: 4 a day minimum here :doh:but I have new bats now, I ignored your buy £20s worth every now and then, and bought 6 each of the Molicel 21700 and 18650, with my wife's money :18: A present because I'm so good at plastering and rendering :2thumbsup:

Eh :hmm: 4 a day minimum here :doh:but I have new bats now, I ignored your buy £20s worth every now and then, and bought 6 each of the Molicel 21700 and 18650, with my wife's money :18: A present because I'm so good at plastering and rendering :2thumbsup:

lol, An LG MJ1 will last me 2-3 days in my Epetite at 11w.... but half the time I'm using the Adept, Sensis or something with a built in battery anyway.

Not supposed to I know but I leave mine to recharge overnight; speed is not an issue as they're done by the time I get up and make a cuppa.
I always have 3 mods on the go, all dual 18650, with 14 paired cells on rotation.

During years of vaping I never had to rewrap a battery, never saw any damage in the way of nicks etc, until I started using the Billetbox. Fucking harsh on batts that one, had to rewrap those cells regularly.
I've always used Nitecore chargers, no issues at all with them.
Damaged wraps must be a mod related thing, some sleds/bays are obviously much worse than others, or it's just plain old cack-handed mishandling.

I like Fogstar and I currently use Molicels

Yeah this damage was 100% caused by mods, those shitty 'bent bit of metal' negative battery contacts to be precise. It's not too bad but eventually it does start getting a bit raggedy down that end.

Have to agree with the BB wrecking Battery Wraps, i have to change the wraps on my BB Batteries quite regular compared to other Mods, I bought a boatload of wraps about a month after i started vaping so still have quite a few left. It would be nice if Fogstar sold a set of 10 each for 18650 and 21700 but at that price you might as well buy a set of each. Nice Review @Simon G

Back
Top Bottom