What's new

Efest Lush Q2 fast charger

torchy

Initiate

The Efest Lush Q2 is a fairly basic fast charger. It has led indication of full charge and fixed charge current. According to the specification, it will charge a single battery at 2A, 2 batteries at 1A. It will charge all of the battery sizes stated on the box:

The charger is powered by mains only:

With one battery, charge current was around 1.9A up to 4v, then it gradually drops. At termination, the battery voltage was 4.2v which dropped to 4.17v when the current cut off:

With two batteries, charge current was around 0.9A up to 4v, the batteries come out at just over 4.2v:

Hi @torchy ... am I right in thinking that 18650's shouldn't really be charged at 2A?
I never charge at 2A unless I'm testing a charger. High drain batteries will be ok at 2A (for instance, Sony state the maximum continuous charge current for VTC6 is 5A!), but it will shorten the life of the battery doing it regularly, and the batteries tend to self discharge faster when charged above 1A. I would never charge ICR batteries at 2A.

If you want to try the Lush Q2, just follow Torchy on twitter: @TorchyUK , I'll send a charger to a follower picked at random.

Back
Top Bottom