Legend
9B5A1773-FD12-4695-A6B9-458C8BD4B955.jpeg
25AFE4C8-B276-4646-AF8E-49B3A273CE80.jpeg
2198C42A-E880-4FC2-8BA7-466C3264F99D.jpeg
F2B8ED3C-00EB-477E-BF23-E013413F9BB0.jpeg
4FF0BFC1-73E8-4159-8CAA-8645D789ADFF.jpeg
4BD08563-C47D-42E9-B3E7-35D22CAF6F1A.jpeg
C46C5D76-F857-4596-BC64-E3860506D3F5.jpeg
When i first saw the coily I thought it was a great idea, but why would I want or more importantly, why would I need one? And if I did, would I use it?

Well after having it for 2 weeks now, I’ve got to say that I don’t think I can live without it :D

Now there have been lots of good ideas that in theory are a good idea, but in practice, serve no practical purpose. I myself invented a “fart cuppa®“ that in theory, should work like a dream....I was tired of trying to cup a fart and throwing the fruity smells that emirate from my bottom, to share with friends and family...for some reason it never caught on, can’t think why...

But the coily is not just a good idea, it’s practical, and it’s a tool that you will use, and it might even help you get to know other tanks or drippers that have languished in the back of the draw for ages.

How so? Well, once I got started on the drippers and tanks I use every day, I started using the coily on everything I have :) Once you start you just can’t stop :D

So what exactly is it?

It’s a cutting template to get coil legs cut with precise lengths every time. The Coily will measure the width of the deck posts then simply cut the desired length of wire by placing the coil through the holes in the Coily.

The Coily was developed for postless decks but, in my opinion this little tool is just as good for velocity style or any deck that uses posts :) so, really it can be used for anything.

And remember when I said that it would help you reconnect with older atties? Once I started, I carried on with everything....

Looks like a nice bit of kit.
Not convinced that I need one, but ...

Looks like a nice bit of kit.
Not convinced that I need one, but ...
Yeah it's not something anyone needs but that don't mean it won't make things easier for you [emoji5] think I'll be ordering one when I can find stock [emoji6]

Rude not to get one as I’ve all the other things I don’t need for coiling. :)

ive got one and would not be with out it makes life so much easy and for the price of £5.99 its well worth it..and its a tool you will use every time you do a build especially on those dead rabbit type decks as all legs are cut the same making your coils all level ...

It would certainly help when quad coiling a Velocity deck.

How many times I've cut through an installed coil when trying to trim a leg...............

@MrTeaTime your Dripworx link isn't working for me.

Thank you very much indeed for a great review @MrTeaTime.

We are currently awaiting stock of injection moulded units which should be with us at some point in April which will make availability so much easier.

They will only be available in two colours but I will still continue to 3D print custom orders though.

There are details of how to order Coily at the moment on our website at http://coilytool.co.uk/Home/OrderProcess

Thank you very much indeed for all the support that Coily has received from everyone. It is very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom