What's new

A simple pros+cons based review of my vapes

OzoreXS

Achiever
Hi all!
This is something I wanted to do. Now after a good year of sub-ohm experience and with the feeling of having found my place in vaping, I like to share with you my thoughts about all my vapes: mods and tanks.

I dont do RBAs anymore. This is thread talks about sub-ohm, DTL, pods and stock coils. Dont read any further if you dont like this kind of stuff :)

Presentación2.jpg

All the infos you are about to read are mine, subjective, and solely my own opinion. Must not be considered or taken as an attempt of... anything.

(FROM LEFT TO RIGHT)
VAPORESSO LUXE KIT WITH SKRR TANK, GEEKVAPE CERBERUS AND ELEAF ELLO DURO
IMG_20200904_114230.jpg

1) Vaporesso Luxe Mod: My first mod, the one that allowed me to forget about tobacco. For good.
PROS:
- Build quality and materials. Its a very nice finished product.
- Battery management. This does a great job charging and discharging its 2x18650
- Chipset and firmware combo (Omniboard 4.2). This software brings all you would ever need and maybe more, in a nice menu and functions scheme. Very accurate, it delivers power nicely on any range.
- Nice feeling in hand, ergonomic, sturdy. Also its a gorgeous mod.

CONS:
- Its heavy. Really heavy.
- Front and back panel are fingerprints magnets.
- Tactile buttons. You need to be accurate finding the touch spot, specially the left/right ones. Its not a full touch screen.

Overall score: 9 of 10

2) Vaporesso SKRR tank: My first tank, I didnt realize how good it is until I have had more tanks.
PROS:
- Build quality and materials. In the same line as the mod that came in kit.
- Huge liquid capacity: 8ml
- Perfectly hermetic. It never leaked. It does not accumulate liquid on any part other than the reservoir. A very clean tank!
- Airflow is inmense, soft, and perfectly adjustable.
CONS:
- Its also heavy.
- Its the first release, so it has that annoying child proof mechanism. Need to unscrew the drip tip to open the fill port.
- Not standard 510 or 810 drip tip.

Overall score: 8 out of 10

3) Geekvape Cerberus tank: Other compatible tank that I always wanted to have.
PROS:
- Its compact and light.
- It has a smooth like silk airflow.
- Refilling is easy, simple top cap 90º twist.
- 810 Drip tip.
CONS:
- Hard to find the 5.5ml extension kit (chimeney + bubble glass).
- It tends to accumulate liquid everywhere in the top part: under the drip tip and the main cap isolator. That liquid ends oxidizing and tastes bad.
- It may bring some metallic taste if liquid is left inside for some days.
Overall score: 5 out of 10

4) Eleaf Ello Duro: Anoher compatible tank, it was my second purchase, in order to separate two kind of liquids: fresh/fruits and desserts.
PROS:
- Its very light.
- 510 Drip tip.
- Easy refill mechanism, top slides revealing the filling port. It has membrane.
CONS:
- Hard to find the 6.5ml extension kit (chimeney + bubble glass).
- It tends to accumulate condensation under the drip tip. Not much, and it goes down eventually so you end vaping it.
- Not the best looking tank at all.
- It tends to leave a slight condensation on the 510 connector.
Overall score: 7 out of 10

As you can see Im no talking about flavour because I find it not related to the tank in itself, but the headcoils.
IMHO, the best DL coils for this kind of tanks are:

Geekvape Super mesh X1 (0.20)
Vaporesso GT Mesh (0.18)
Hellvape Hellcoil H7-02 (0.15)
Smok V8 Baby Mesh (0.15)
Wotofo Flow PRO (0.18)
OBS M1 (0.20)

Those really bangs the flavour and last for a while. More info about compatible coils in this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20200904_114052.jpg
    IMG_20200904_114052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20200904_114325.jpg
    IMG_20200904_114325.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20200904_114407.jpg
    IMG_20200904_114407.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20200904_114436.jpg
    IMG_20200904_114436.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
(FROM LEFT TO RIGHT)

VAPORESSO POLAR KIT WITH CASCADE BABY SE, ADVKEN DARK MESH TANK AND AUGVAPE SKYNET

IMG_20200904_114325.jpg

1) Vaporesso Polar Mod: My precious golden lingot.
PROS:
- It has an earllier version of the chipset "Omniboard 4.0" which works pretty well too.
- Battery management. This does a great job charging and discharging its 2x18650. Same as the Luxe.
- Another beast delivering power.
- Its a light mod.
- Every button is well placed and feels nice.
CONS:
- Battery door have a little rattle (can be easily fixed with a bit of adhesive gum strip)
- Base limited to 24mm tanks.

2) Avken Dark Mesh: My personal chill out device. This thing is a monster!
PROS:
- It uses one of the best stock coilhead format of the entire vape industry, compatible with the Freemax Mesh Pro/2.
- 810 Drip tip.
- Easy refill mechanism, top slides revealing the filling port. Not easy to open accidentally, like the Mesh Pro.
- The level of flavour out of these kind of coils, no matter the manufacturer, is outstanding. Specially the x3, x4 and x5 mesh coils. Incredible and special DL experience.
- Its not so noisy for what it is.
CONS:
- Those coils are true guzzlers.
- Not the best looking tank for sure.
Overall score: 9 out of 10

3) Augvape Skynet: A good and cheap alternative to Falcon tanks, without giving up anything.
PROS:
- It uses another of the best stock coilhead format of the entire vape industry, compatible with the succesfull Horizontech Falcon coils series, Ehpro Raptor and Smoant Ladon.
- 810 Drip tip.
- Large variety of coilhead options. Each type and brand delivers a true different vape result.
- Styling is great. It matches easily with any mod.
CONS:
- Refill system is a bit messy (uncrew the top cap, when you put it back it always leave a rest of liquid around the ring, and you stains fingers)
- Vape (flavour, vapor...) is not so different from other smaller and cheaper coils.

4) Vaporesso Cascade Baby SE: Not needed, but welcomed :)
PROS:
- It takes all the baby compatible coils.
- It looks nice with that coloured glass. Matches perfectly with the golden mod. It also comes with transparent ones.
- Performs just like another compatible tank. Good.
- Standard 510 drip tip.
CONS:
- Having parts that are tighten clockwise and counterclock wise is absurd. Its tricky to get all well adjusted.
- Messy tank, it tends to "sweat" liquid from every part, specially from the top cap. It does not seal perfectly.
Overall score: 6.5 out of 10

(FROM LEFT TO RIGHT)
UWELL NUNCHAKU 2 KIT WITH NUNCHAKU 2 TANK, UWELL NUNCHAKU TANK

IMG_20200904_114407.jpg

1) Uwell Nunchaku 2 Mod: Its a mod, I promise, not a 1x21700 dildo.
PROS:
- It has a solid construction and quality.
- Its 100w single battery mod.
- It has the giroscope thing that is cool and works really well, removing 2 buttons.
- Super comfortable in the hand.

CONS:
- The display is riculously small.
- Fire button is a bit shitty.
- Price/quality ratio is not fair.

Overall score: 7.5 out of 10

2) Uwell Nunchaku 2 tank and Nunchaku tank: Literally the same thing with different looking. It uses the same 4 available coilheads.
PROS:
- Nunchaku coils, the mesh ones "UN2" and the fused clapton ones, are wonderful. Flavour and lasting are unparalleled.
- Standard 510 drip tip.
- Styling is not bad at all.
- Build quality is above the average.
- Super clean tanks, never leak. Self cleaning technology, somehow, works.

CONS:
- No cons with those.
- Just a little 1 for the Nunchaku 1: no bubble glass option AFAIK.

Overall score: 9 out of 10 (for both)

Last edited:
VOOPOO ARGUS GT KIT WITH PNP POD TANK

IMG_20200904_114436.jpg

1) Voopoo Argus GT mod: Unexpected, surprisingly good mod. My latest acquisition.
PROS:
- It feels so nice when holding it. The soft materials, the rounded shapes... its brilliant.
- Materials are nice and overall quality is noticiable.
- It delivers a chipset very capable.
- Very light mod.

CONS:
- Firmware needs some tweaking (V1.0.0.0); random minor bugs.
- Base will take only up to 24mm atomizers without overhanging.
- Fire button could be better.

Overall score: 8.5 out of 10

2) Voopoo PnP Pod Tank: Its just the pod that comes with the Drag pods with a metallic 510 adapter.
PROS:
- It can be used with the full range of PnP coils, which are great.
- It does not leak at all. It does not even create condensation. (so far...)
- Its clear, you can see the liquid perfectly.

CONS:
- Its plastic. You should put strong liquids there (coffee, menthol,...)
- No replaceable drip tip.
- It looks a bit funny.

Overall score: 5 out of 10 for the tank/pod and 9 out of 10 for the coils.

Last edited:
(FROM LEFT TO RIGHT)
VAPORESSO XTRA, VAPORESSO PM80, VAPORESSO OSMALL AND VAPTIO AIRGO

IMG_20200904_114052.jpg

I will be brief with those, as those are not my main vapes, but wifeys. Nonetheless, I have vaped all of them many times.

1) Vaporesso Xtra: A pod I would recommend to anyone trying quitting smoke.
PROS:
- It delivers a surprisingly good performance with the 0.8 pods.
- Battery recharges in a breeze and lasts very good.
- Performance does not drop down as the battery dies.

CONS:
- The sticker is a bit flimsy.
- Disposable pods.

Overall score: 8.5 out of 10

2) Vaporesso PM80: A perfect balance in the pod/mod madness.
PROS:
- The way this little pod can manage 0.20 coils and the performance of that coils are incredible.
- Internal battery performs also amazingly.
- All GTX coil family available. 0,6 mesh is a blast (RDTL or LMTL)
- Design, concept and overall idea. I liked it since the fisrt time I saw it, late 2019.
- The display is outstanding.

CONS:
- The sticker, again..., is a bit flimsy.
- The way the coil its placed in the pod cartridge is not good/correct. It cant get liquid when its low.

3) Vaporesso Osmall: Ultra low cost vaping?
PROS:
- Its light as a leaf
- Its small
- Its cheap as chips, pods too.

CONS:
- Below middle battery life performance is poor.
- Taste is not the best.
- Pod lasting.

Overall score: 5.5 out of 10

3) Vaptio Airgo: Stylish and discrete
PROS:
- The design of the box, the small sized pod and cartridges
- The flavour out of that is surprisingly good considering the size of the coil inside that little pod.
- Super stealth vape

CONS:
- Pod battery is just 80mAh. It needs to get back into the box to recharge frecuently.
- Disposable hard to find and expensive pods

Overall score: 7.5 out of 10

Well, thats all :D
Dont hesitate to comment, ask, insult, or whatever you want.

Last edited:
I might not be a fan of some of this gear but i do appreciate you taking the time to type all this up.
It contains loads of useful information for new/old folks considering getting some of this stuff.
Well written and well done.

I might not be a fan of some of this gear but i do appreciate you taking the time to type all this up.
It contains loads of useful information for new/old folks considering getting some of this stuff.
Well written and well done.

-↑- This, totally.

Well done @OzoreXS. Great work. :)

Great reviews and info :2thumbsup:

2) Vaporesso PM80:
A perfect balance in the pod/mod madness.​
PROS:
- The way this little pod can manage 0.20 coils and the performance of that coils are incredible.
- Internal battery performs also amazingly.
- All GTX coil family available.
0,6 mesh is a blast (RDTL or LMTL)
- Design, concept and overall idea. I liked it since the fisrt time I saw it, late 2019.
- The display is outstanding.

CONS:
- The sticker, again..., is a bit flimsy.
- The way the coil its placed in the pod cartridge is not good/correct. It cant get liquid when its low.

Tasteless to me, all heat, no flavour, I'm stuck with 14 coils left, the 0.20 and 0.30 were even worse. My taste buds are weird though, I'll admit that. The mod itself is great as are the pods used with those 3 letter things you no longer use.

Great review/thoughts on your currently used gear. Very helpful for both new and not so new vapers. Well done. :2thumbsup:

Great reviews and info :2thumbsup:
Tasteless to me, all heat, no flavour, I'm stuck with 14 coils left, the 0.20 and 0.30 were even worse. My taste buds are weird though, I'll admit that. The mod itself is great as are the pods used with those 3 letter things you no longer use.
In my experience, Its very easy to face that issue when using stock coils. I do not know the reasons, but it really happens.

This is why I have a variety of sub-ohm tanks with different coil technology. Alternating them Im able to avoid the lack of taste. No need to stop vaping or vape just base...or menthol... or all the other tricks that usually help with vaper tongue.

If I stick to a single atomizer and liquid for a whole day, it will become tasteless sometime; thats why I also rotate liquids frequently. In fact, I always vape 2 or 3 different liquids at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom