Price paid (£x.xx)
Bottle size (ml)
Price per ml (pence)
£ 0.30
Percentage used in review
Concentrate cost to make 10 ml of e liquid
£0.60

Review

I mixed and steeped several of these renowned (in US vaping circles) flavours simultaneously. Mom & Pop e liquids have been around a little while and gained a great reputation. The concentrates are a relatively new innovation by them and are recommended to be mixed (by them) at 20%.

First of all, if you are used to mixing tobacco concentrates at somewhere between 2% and 5%, the 20% recommendation is not an error. All the flavours I mixed tasted great at this concentration: there were no ‘bad’ flavours. These taste like there’s steeped tobacco in the concentrate and the final flavours are quite complex.

A nice, round and sweet tobacco flavour, with a note of aniseed, which isn’t in any way dominating and is well balanced and sits behind the tobacco as a secondary flavour.

Steeping

Pretty good on first mix but improve with a week’s steeping.

Vapour

Good

Throat hit

Available at higher voltages / power settings

Value -commentary

These are quality flavours and the value proposition is great for what you get.

Use as a mixing ingredient

Effects on tanks and atomizers and any known ‘nasties’

The aniseed hangs around on atomizers and in tanks and if you wanted to change flavours, you'd need to wash them out.

Disclaimer

This concentrate was provided free of charge for trial and review, which has not impacted on the impartiality of the opinions herein. I have received neither payment nor payment in lieu through goods or services for writing this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and made as ‘fair comment’. Please bear in mind that flavour and taste are a very personal thing. This review has not been edited or moderated by the owners or moderators of www.planetofthevapes.co.uk who may or may not agree / disagree with the comments made therein. Prices may include discounts and may have changed since time of purchase. Whilst every effort has been made to be as accurate as possible - Errors and Omissions – Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

I bought this and the USA blend as my oh showed an interest in vaping at last (well I say that, what actually happened was it was absolutely pissing down outside and he ran out of tobacco so I jokingly said I could set up my spare kit until it stopped and he said ok then-I nearly fell off my chair!!!). Unfortunately I didn't have any tobacco flavours other than my home brew tobacco stuff and I didn't want to put him off. I had some atmoslabs stuff which did the job but it was abit too sweet and at 12mg no where near strong enough. So I ran off to leisureliquids and bought this and American blend. Personally I don't get much tobacco out of either but a nice, sweetish, mellow vape with a hint of aniseed. I liked it until disaster struck. I was refilling my tank when the needle top went flying off and the whole lot of liquid went everywhere, mostly all over me! I hadn't reached full steep so I was gutted. I'm now back to step one! Do you think 20% is about right Bryan123456? I went at 15% and reckon that might be why I didn't get much tobacco. I know Digicig was saying 10% is fine for mom and pops stuff and it worked fine on the tobacco dulce.

I bought this and the USA blend as my oh showed an interest in vaping at last (well I say that, what actually happened was it was absolutely pissing down outside and he ran out of tobacco so I jokingly said I could set up my spare kit until it stopped and he said ok then-I nearly fell off my chair!!!). Unfortunately I didn't have any tobacco flavours other than my home brew tobacco stuff and I didn't want to put him off. I had some atmoslabs stuff which did the job but it was abit too sweet and at 12mg no where near strong enough. So I ran off to leisureliquids and bought this and American blend. Personally I don't get much tobacco out of either but a nice, sweetish, mellow vape with a hint of aniseed. I liked it until disaster struck. I was refilling my tank when the needle top went flying off and the whole lot of liquid went everywhere, mostly all over me! I hadn't reached full steep so I was gutted. I'm now back to step one! Do you think 20% is about right Bryan123456? I went at 15% and reckon that might be why I didn't get much tobacco. I know Digicig was saying 10% is fine for mom and pops stuff and it worked fine on the tobacco dulce.

Mom and Pop recommend 20% on all these concentrates on their own site and I followed their advice. The final liquids all taste good to me (some much more to my tastes than others, but of the flavours I have I can honestly say there's not a bad one). I suspect that they recommend 20% as it tastes like some steeped product has been included in the mix. Of all of them my absolute favourite is Tobacco Haze - which is complex and very very tobaccoish with Virginia notes. The American Blend review is just about to be posted :)

Nice Review Bryan ;)
Tami does recommend 20% - when i got them initially - i tried 5, 10, 15 and 20% mixes and found that 10% works for me + from M+P's direct worked out at about £6 ish for 10ml ;)
LL have certainly done UK Vapers a favour by getting them in - bless them :D

Back
Top Bottom