What's new

Green Tea The Flavor Apprentice

bluerobot

Postman
With the inevitable rise of DIY I'm surprised that this forum isn't overflowing with reviews. It's been a great place of reference for me and I'm sure many others, so come on folks more reviews please! Anyway "Green Tea?" as in "Garlic Bread?" You'd think this one would be one of those quirky flavors that you try once. On it's own it's relatively neutral, but as a mixer with other flavors you can't go wrong. Having tried it at different percentages definitely go up to 20%, it'll take that percentage without being overpowering and bringing it into it's own. The characteristic I'd give to this flavor is Herby, faintly Lemony, without being sickly sweet in any way. It comes into it's own used at about 20 to 30 percent of the recipe, sort of marrying other flavors together. One I would definitely recommend.

80/20 VG PG 3ml Nic.

Edit. Sorry, forgot to mention steeping time, give this as long as you can, it's not shake n' vape stuff, the subtly of it's flavors comes out the longer you steep it. It's not from my limited experience a tank cracker either.

Last edited:
Aye, tried some.
Mixed with some Peach and did a tobacco mix with it as well.
Very 'earthy' stuff. Needed, for me, a bit of sweetener and a dash of 'smooth'.
Interesting stuff, but not to be had again as it didnae quite hit the spot for me.:(

Aye, tried some.
Mixed with some Peach and did a tobacco mix with it as well.
Very 'earthy' stuff. Needed, for me, a bit of sweetener and a dash of 'smooth'.
Interesting stuff, but not to be had again as it didnae quite hit the spot for me.:(
Fair play, taste is subjective, interesting that you mention 'smooth' as I'm not yet up on flavor additive's, eg Bitter Wizard etc, what's your experience of these as obviously they exist for a reason. As a newbie to DIY mixing like most people my budget is relatively limited but I'm curious, if you took a sweet flavor like Strawberry and added Bitter Wizard would it be the same as taking a bitter flavor and adding sweetener?

I'm only just getting to grips with more than the 'Smooth', so can't really comment on other additives. Worth a swatch thro' mixology section or asking what others think.
Certainly the data on the Flavourart website is useful as an intro to what does what.
A couple of drops of sweetener have helped out a few rougher brews and some smooth has rounded of a less delicate tobacco conc I use.

@bluerobot this link is canny for getting your head around the flavour add-on/modification side of mixing. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/master-mixers-tips-and-tricks Interested to hear about any other adventures/experience you've had with 'tea' flavours. Mixing a Masala Chai Latte that rings all the right bells has become my white whale or holy grail of mixology lol...any tidbits of info re tea flavours is duly stored in my brainbox for future reference :)

@bluerobot this link is canny for getting your head around the flavour add-on/modification side of mixing. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/master-mixers-tips-and-tricks Interested to hear about any other adventures/experience you've had with 'tea' flavours. Mixing a Masala Chai Latte that rings all the right bells has become my white whale or holy grail of mixology lol...any tidbits of info re tea flavours is duly stored in my brainbox for future reference :)
Thank you, yappcat, for your input, as a smoker of 40 years and an ex smoker of albeit only two months I have observed a change in myself, namely the sense of taste and smell. These senses are slowly returning to me, am I alone? Of course not. As we all come of the ciggys our senses come back and we re enter the world of taste and smell. Fan fucking tastik. Subtle flavors and aromas that were previously unknown to smokers are back on the menu. Viva Tea! Viva anything that floats your boat. Flavors? I'm gonna try the lot, what's it gonna cost me? My health? No. Masala Chai Latte? Bring it on, excellent, let's rock, away we go, you've pointed out something I didn't know about, now I do, this is the beauty of the web, long live sharing information.

Thank you, yappcat, for your input, as a smoker of 40 years and an ex smoker of albeit only two months I have observed a change in myself, namely the sense of taste and smell. These senses are slowly returning to me, am I alone? Of course not. As we all come of the ciggys our senses come back and we re enter the world of taste and smell. Fan fucking tastik. Subtle flavors and aromas that were previously unknown to smokers are back on the menu. Viva Tea! Viva anything that floats your boat. Flavors? I'm gonna try the lot, what's it gonna cost me? My health? No. Masala Chai Latte? Bring it on, excellent, let's rock, away we go, you've pointed out something I didn't know about, now I do, this is the beauty of the web, long live sharing information.

Weirdly enough I got talking to the mechanic who was round fixing my OH's trike today - was outside coz I was in the mood for making some manky great obnoxious clouds and this guy was tootin' on his less outrageously ostentatious setup so obvs we got talking bout the vape. He's been vaping 18month, and off the ciggies 16month and was only just starting to get his sense of smell back! I was horrified because like you mine came back a month or so after quitting and I been loving it. Makes you wonder if we have more to come tho in terms of smell and taste. I'm finding that when I started DIY mixing I was using way higher flavour %s than I do now. I dunno if thats just because I was a new beginner at mixing, and more easily satisfied with whatever I could churn out or whether my senses of taste and smell are becoming increasingly sensitive the longer I'm off the smokes.
Time will tell, but I'm delighted with what I've got back already...so aye let's rock on! :beerchug

Whilst doing a wee bit of tidying I came across the old 'recipe book' for my DIY.
Apparently I'd made up 4 different bottles with the Green Tea concentrate - Gt and Peach, GT and Lemon/Lime, GT and Strong Tobacco and one with sweet tobacco.

Going by the notes, the one with Lemon and Lime wasn't too bad, the Sweet tobacco was alright but the mix with Strong tobacco was gone in a day....

Whilst doing a wee bit of tidying I came across the old 'recipe book' for my DIY.
Apparently I'd made up 4 different bottles with the Green Tea concentrate - Gt and Peach, GT and Lemon/Lime, GT and Strong Tobacco and one with sweet tobacco.

Going by the notes, the one with Lemon and Lime wasn't too bad, the Sweet tobacco was alright but the mix with Strong tobacco was gone in a day....
I do Green tea with Lemon/Lime, nice mix, definately going to give Peach a go, any particular Brand you would recomend? Thanx

Back
Top Bottom