£0.89
Price Per ml
18p
Bought from
http://4drops.co.uk
Type

Fruit

Review

This is a fruit vape that everyone will have potential to bitch about. Yup, get your nail files out, sharpen your claws and scratch your fingers in a spine creeping screech over the table.

What is blackberry flavour? Lost in translation - these are blueberries. I used to eat a lot of these as a child - my grandmother has a big soft fruit garden and grew these with a great number of other fruits.

As an e liquid concentrate maker, where on the scale do you pitch your blueberry juice? It’s really hard. I think Inawera have got it pretty much right with this, but miss a big trick as an eliquid provider as they don’t produce some of the basics that most mixers use - ethyl maltol, caramel, a good cream and a sweetener. I’ll come back to this….

I made two mixes of this one at 2.3% and the other at 4.5%. The 2.3% was thin and seedy as a vape, but whilst not sour, light on sweetness. 4.5% was too strong – there was too much concentrate and it was a bit overbearing and not sweet enough. Adding some sweetener would have transformed this and I would probably have cut the juice about 5 - 7.5% with Ethyl Maltol solution and all would have been fine.

I then got my calculator out and did some reckoning and cut the vape back to 3.5% by using a 1 ml syringe and some of my base. A good shake an accelerated steep and I got a good blueberry taste, a really good taste. Except, it needed sweetening. Maybe that’s a British thing. I took another tiny sample from my original 10ml mix, got the calculator out again (actually I use a spreadsheet) and added ethyl maltol and a drop of sweetener from another manufacturer, fast steeped and – it was lovely.

So why did I bother with all this? I can now pretty much spot a bad concentrate when I sample it: I have enough of them. I can also recognise most that might be good when worked up. But more than that, I recognised that the basic blueberry taste was right. So how often do you eat or drink blueberries on their own? I can think of a few occasions I had them stewed in sugar as a child – but that was with my Nana who was a lousy highly impatient cook and knew it. In juices and with other things they are much better. I have had the odd small punnet of these sold as snacks, de seeded like olive stones and found them insipid.

Most of the time blueberries go into something else. See below – it is really good:

Steeping

On its own, 5 days

Vapour

Good

Throat hit

On its own at high voltages this was surprisingly, on the fierce side

Value

18p per ml? Enough said, it’s good and it’s concentrated too. Which is just as well, because, if you want to vape it on its own, you are going to have to buy a few bits from another manufacturer and retailer.

Use as a mixing ingredient

OH YES!

I put a few drops of this into some PA Green Apple e liquid I had already made up and it shone. I got a spectacular blueberry and apple.

I put some in with my Raspberry Fool, (Based on Inawera’s wonderful Raspberry and PA’s Sweet Cream) and it remained buoyant and I had a ‘Fruits of the Forest Fool’ vape, which was too long a name to fit on my label and “F’OFF” vape it now is - and rather yummy too.

This absolutely shone as a mixing ingredient and I am so glad I stuck with it through all the tests above.

Effects on tanks and atomizers and any known ‘nasties’

Disclaimer

This concentrate was bought with my own money. I have received neither payment nor payment in lieu through goods or services for writing this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and made as ‘fair comment’. Please bear in mind that flavour and taste are a very personal thing. This review has not been edited or moderated by the owners or moderators of www.planetofthevapes.co.uk who may or may not agree / disagree with the comments made therein. Prices may include discounts and may have changed since time of purchase. Whilst every effort has been made to be as accurate as possible - Errors and Omissions – Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

Last edited:
Epic review thanks, I'd not looked at inawera before and for the price looks like just my thing to get some base flavours together. I have been mixing since I started vaping 6weeks ago but haven't tried blending as I'm finding it expensive at £2-3 a pop to get enough ingredients together.

thanks

Rob

Back
Top Bottom