What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Leisure Flavour concentrates

ocd13

Vape Expert @ LeisureLiquids
Opinions expressed in this thread are mine only and nothing to do with POTV

I have been a regular customer of leisureliquids for over a year now since I started vaping so as you can imagine when I found out they were going to be opening a shop within 2 minutes walk from my door I was very happy. I have been to see them a good few times now and on one of these visits Terry was telling me about Leisureliquids very own brand of flavour concentrates that they were hoping to release soon.

They have managed to keep these quiet so I had to keep checking the site to see if they were available yet and as soon as they appeared I popped round to buy some.
Now I have to say that although I did arrive with cash in my hand to pay for these products Terry very kindly let me have them for free for the purpose of sampling / testing / reviewing them etc because I believe I was one of the first few to try them.

Anyway lets get on with it shall we.

I come home with a 10ml bottle of each of the following concentrates.
Banana
Bubblegum
Lemon Sherbet
Rhubarb

I was told that these are quite strong so with that in mind I lowered the percentage from the usual 20% + that im used to with other concentrates. All mixed at around 12mg using 50/50 vg/pg.
Using my modyfied mech mod, a dripping atty also purchased from Leisure Liquids. I have been using micro coils between 1.0 - 1.5 ohms and cotton wick.

Banana
This is a flavour I really liked the sound of in the past but after trying a different brand was really put off by it because it was really artificial tasting. I had recently gone through a bottle of premade banana blend though which I really enjoyed so thought Id give it a go.
I started this at 5% but raised to 10% the day after. There is NO chemical taste to this at all, its just a really nice fresh banana flavour. I have found that steeping this really mellows it out. After first mixing it tasted like the little foam banana sweets you get in penny mixes but after a few days it really started to mellow in to a true ripe banana taste.
Its perfect on its own bu t also great for mixing with other concentrates too. I currently have a banana & custard mix steeping which I cant wait to start.
Throat hit and vapour were as to be expected from the 50/50 12mg mix I am used to.

Bubblegum
When I first started vaping I really wanted a bubblegum juice. The proper bubblegum though that reminds me of little round sweets I used to have, or the blue pop ice or drinks carton. You know the one I mean.
I tried a few but it would seem that some people dont know the difference between bubblegum and chewing gum and they were all just wrong.
This concentrate however is for me absolutely spot on. A real reminder of my childhood, to the point I wish my brother were vapers so we could sit using this flavour and reminisce years gone by together lol
Its a little to sweet and sickly for me as an adv but it certainly has its place. Its one of the only smells my girlfriend can tolerate from my juices atm lol
Throat hit and vapour were as to be expected from the 50/50 12mg mix I am used to.

Lemon Sherbet
Before these flavours were available and Leisureliquids were telling me about them this was the flavour that Terry was using and he said he really liked it so I just had to try it.
I mixed this at 15% but if Im honest it could probably go a little lower. Once again it tastes just like lemon sherbet as I remember it as a kid.
It really has a errmm twang? to it and I would really recommend against exhaling through your nose if you take big draws like I do, it can sting lol
Same as the bubblegum with this one, the taste is great but a little to much for an adv.
Throat hit was a little harsh at times because of the twang it has to it and vapour was as to be expected from the 50/50 12mg mix I am used to.

Rhubarb
This is described as a raw Rhubarb so I was a little unsure but I thought if it works it could be great and would remind me of Sunday afternoons round my nans which are very fond memories.
I mixed this at 10% thinking it could potentially be pretty vile if it was to strong and it works pretty well at that figure.
I have to admit its a strange one and I can imagine it being quite a marmite flavour. I really feel like I shouldnt or dont want to enjoy it but I just do. Its not overpowering at all and for me it just works and I would be happy with this as an adv.
I can imagine this being great mixed with other flavours. I am hoping to find something to use with it to create a rhubarb crumble.

To sum them all up...
I would certainly buy all these again. The amount needed for me was lower than other concentrate brands I have tried so offers better value for money and each of them taste exactly how I would imagine they would.
The bubblegum and rhubarb flavours have given me a real trip down memory lane, going to the shop with my younger brother to waste our pocket money on sweets or Sunday lunch with the family ( 3 of which are no longer with us ) round my nans. Ive not had this from any other concentrates to date.
Steeping I found didnt really change these to much. The banana and rhubarb mellowed a little bit but nothing major.
I made up 5ml of each so 20ml overall and it was all gone before a week had passed.

I would like to thank Terry leisureliquids for these flavours :) I shall certainly be crossing your palm with silver on my next visit.

If you are still here after all that then Im sorry for such a long post. I had never planned on writing a review of anything and feel like I got a bit carried away and I would have lost my train of thought if I tried to split them into 4 separate threads haha
Hopefully though this will help raise some awareness of the new Leisureliquids brand of concentrates which they have been hiding on the website.

I can't wait to try some of these, they sound great, especially the rhubarb which I have a special love for anyway. Now terry-when are you going to add a really good cherry to your range? :D

I can't wait to try some of these, they sound great, especially the rhubarb which I have a special love for anyway. Now terry-when are you going to add a really good cherry to your range? :D

errr....next week. I know about your love for cherry so I am making it just right before release. You can be the first to try, will get some off in the post!

errr....next week. I know about your love for cherry so I am making it just right before release. You can be the first to try, will get some off in the post!
Ooh that's just about made my night! Let me know when you are ready and I'll get an order in as there are a few bits I need to stock up on-saves on the postage and all that :)

Just a thought about the rhubarb, there is a pie crust concentrate thats available, maybe try that with a custard mix?

Has anyone here tried the lemon sherbet and Nanny bakes lemon sherbet? I used Nanny bakes in my adv and now, as you may know she no longer sells concentrates.

Back
Top Bottom