What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Capella Boston Cream Pie V1

tachikoma

Postman
So knocked up a batch of this as a single flavour at 15% on Friday and just had a sneaky test vape...

Holy hell... this is messing with my brain!

It tastes superb, the chocolate is a little bitter, I will pick up some sucralose on the way home and add a few drops, but it's the cream that gets to me!

The cream is superb, your brain can't process that the cream isn't cold, so even though you are puffing a hot vape, your brain tells you it's a cold, flavourful cream. You actually want to chew when you exhale, I find myself smacking my lips each puff as it makes your mouth water.

Not much of a pastry to this flavour, I was expecting more of a "bite" to it, maybe I can add a drop of Grahams Cracker to it?

It tastes like cheap profiteroles, especially with that bitter chocolate taste, but I'm sure that can be fixed with some sweetener and maybe a drop or two of Capella Vanilla Custard V1

Sod steeping, this is going to be my ADV until it runs out, then I will get to experimenting, I think this will make a perfect Black Forest Gateaux, so I might actually get to use that Black Cherry concentrate in something vapable!

Vendor: Vapable.co.uk
Price: £2.49/10ml
Price per ml: 24.9p
Score: 99 out of 5

Pros:
Tastes great as single flavour
Versatile, should make a great base for dessert recipes
Cream tastes like real dairy cream

Cons:
Chocolate is pretty bitter
Takes a good wash to get the taste/smell out of your tank/dripper
Not much of a pastry taste

Tinkering update:

Out of the ~40ml that was left after a days vaping, I added the following:

~15 drops Capella Vanilla Custard V1
~10 drops Capella Marshmallow
~10 drops Capella Grahams Cracker V1

Can't be bothered working out percentages.

This has mellowed it out considerably, but at the expense of killing the chocolate flavour, which was interesting as it was an incredibly strong presence originally.

Considering the Double Chocolate concentrate was so overpowering I was surprised how easily this was killed off, I'm sure I can claw this back with a few drops of double choc and Black Cherry to knock up a Black Forest Gateaux.

One interesting bootnote though is the presence of Graham Cracker is negligible, other than when it is on the verge of dry burning, as soon as I get that cinnamon biscuit flavour I know it's time to drip again.

I have this and have never tried it, I also have a chocolate doughnut. Im wondering if I could come up with a nice Krispy Kreme doughnut :)

Great review and it got me to remember I have this just sitting around never opened.

I have this and have never tried it, I also have a chocolate doughnut. Im wondering if I could come up with a nice Krispy Kreme doughnut :)

Great review and it got me to remember I have this just sitting around never opened.

I know I'm quite new to the "not from the corner shop" vape scene, but the cream in this is superb, I know I keep banging on about it, but it is so authentic (probably the noxious diacetyl/diktones/whatever) like single pouring cream and while I somehow killed the chocolate when sweetening it up, the cream is still incredibly potent. It tastes like it should be calorific, you have a few puffs and expect to feel bloated afterwards, so it should make a great base for sweets/desserts.

Let me know how you get on with it, will be keen to find out what you come up with, I have black cherry, peach and strawberry to experiment on it with.

ADV update:

I have come to the conclusion that 15% is too much, been trying to make a passable black forest gateaux so have been hitting this pretty hard and I'm finding that beautiful cream nauseating after a while, twice now I have had a good session on it at different wattages to try to work out what works to bring particular flavours out and it has made me feel sick.

Review still stands, this is a lovely base flavour for mixing but I'm going to recommend lowering the percentage probably by half unless you are the kind of person that drinks pint glasses of Baileys.

Back
Top Bottom