Price Per ml
31p
Bought from
Liberty Flights
Type

Beverage

Review

Magnifico!

And no, the bottle you received has not gone off, it is white and gloopy and there will sometimes be a thin brownish clear liquid on top of the white gunge. Shake before use. Beware of drop size on this too as it is very thick; it comes out of the bottle like a bogey from a 4 year old boy’s nose - in gurt long drops.

This smells right from the moment you open the bottle – a fabulous natural espresso aroma. This extends to the final vape. This is a dry espresso taste and it needs care when sweetening. It also benefits from ethyl maltol – which helps accentuate some of the beautiful coffee notes. Oh and of course, you get caffeine too.

I am a big fan of this concentrate to me this is an outstanding product; someone else described it as a nut taste.

Steeping

This is essential and I find light helps too. Initial mixes are white and cloudy; when steeped an orangy light brown colour emerges and the eliquid gains clarity.

Vapour

Throat hit

There’s caffeine in this - which can develop a kick like a mule

Value

If I was using an espresso base to mix other coffee flavours or in cakes, sweets or tobacco flavour vapes, I’d use Flavour Art’s Espresso, it’s better value.

This is an expensive concentrate and not particularly strong, I have found it essential to keep the amount of this in my final mixes to at least high teens to get a proper espresso flavour. For flavour though – this is one of the very best and you are paying for that quality. I buy this regularly – QED.

Use as a mixing ingredient

Can be used where coffee is needed and in small quantities can add a rich nuttiness to other vapes. But – other espressos are better VFM for this.

Effects on tanks and atomizers and any known ‘nasties’

This is a strong flavour and the coffee can linger. I am happy with that J .

Take some care if you use syringes and blunt needles to mix as this is thick. It will also react with other flavours and base and create a gloop that can block things up. First resort when this happens is to shake things up. Second resort is to add PG and shake again, third resort – vodka. I have never had to abandon, waste and wash.

Disclaimer

This concentrate was bought with my own money. I have received neither payment nor payment in lieu through goods or services for writing this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and made as ‘fair comment’. Please bear in mind that flavour and taste are a very personal thing. This review has not been edited or moderated by the owners or moderators of www.planetofthevapes.co.uk who may or may not agree / disagree with the comments made therein. Prices may include discounts and may have changed since time of purchase. Whilst every effort has been made to be as accurate as possible - Errors and Omissions – Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

15/09/12

Please IGNORE THE ABOVE REVIEW.

The caffeinated version of this appears to be no longer available and the manufacturer has reformulated the non-caffeinated concentrate (according to their web site). As such the above is no longer a valid critique as the product has changed.

Thanks for the update.
It's rare to find flavours reviews, and even rarer to see people bothering to update when the product changes and the label doesn't :)

Thanks Bryan for the update, shame too cause your review sounded really good!

Good Morning Bryan.

I have spoken to our lab manager and the Doppio Espresso was last changed over a year ago, and has stayed the same since.

Can you point me in the direction where on the website it states this? So that i can get my I.T Technician to ammend it.

Good Morning Bryan.

I have spoken to our lab manager and the Doppio Espresso was last changed over a year ago, and has stayed the same since.

Can you point me in the direction where on the website it states this? So that i can get my I.T Technician to ammend it.

When I looked here http://dv.gostorego.com/flavourings-5/concentrate-beverages-flavours/beverage-10ml-conc.html a few weeks ago it had an asterix against it "Please note that flavours marked with a * have been recently reformulated, and may taste a little different (and probably better) than they used to."

Also the flavour reviewed was the caffeinated version and caffeine, whilst adding an element of coffee also has an impact on throat hit and vapour production. As the caffeinated version appears to have dropped off your product list the product reviewed seems to be no longer available and if this is the case, the review is therefore redundant.

Last edited:
When I looked here http://dv.gostorego.com/flavourings-5/concentrate-beverages-flavours/beverage-10ml-conc.html a few weeks ago it had an asterix against it "Please note that flavours marked with a * have been recently reformulated, and may taste a little different (and probably better) than they used to."

Also the flavour reviewed was the caffeinated version and caffeine, whilst adding an element of coffee also has an impact on throat hit and vapour production. As the caffeinated version appears to have dropped off your product list the product reviewed seems to be no longer available and if this is the case, the review is therefore redundant.

Thank you for the response,

The doppie Espresso was changed in 2011, and has been the same since then. Your review was made on 27th July this year, so it will be the same flavour and taste as describbed in your review.

Please find below the following flavours that have changed and will change in future, due to us making the flavour purer.
We have improved a number of flavours by removing unnecessary colourings, sweeteners and thickeners, making them more atomiser friendly and clearer in appearance. The removal of non-essential non-flavour chemicals has led to the following flavours tasting purer than ever before:

Cola*
Orange Liqueur
Marshmallow
Tequila
Orange Blossom
Herbs De Provence
Lemon Meringue
Candyfloss
French Apple Tart
Banana*
White Chocolate
Bubblegum
Havana Reserve
Melon
Praline

*Changing in the near future

Many Thanks

Thank you for the above information.

So where, in your site's shop section, is the "Doppio Espresso caffeinated" please? Because that was what I was buying and mixing regularly. I looked again last night after I read your posting and could not find it. This was the product I reviewed and it seems to be available - nowhere. And caffeine does have an impact on vaping - especially TH - I have recently caffeinated some of you competitors' espresso concentrates and back to back with the non-caffeinated versions there's a marked difference.

Back
Top Bottom