What's new

Review Written Review - Five Pawns Blue Line - Sea Salt liquids!

mustybadger

Postman
So, it's been a few...years since I've vaped any Five Pawns liquids. Was always a fan of their liquids (aside from Castle Long, couldn't stand the stuff) but they were supremely overpriced. Before TPD, they would sell a 30ml bottle for £25, which was notoriously expensive and I didn't really think the quality justified the price.

Turn around to 2018, and they seem to have had a slight re-shuffle. While their 10ml bottles from the original range are still expensive at £6 per 10ml, they have released Shortfill options, which are slightly more reasonable. They're still between £20-25 for 60ml, which is expensive, but you're getting double the amount of liquid for the same price as 30ml used to be.

Unfortunately, as part of this "cost-cutting" exercise, I believe they decided to outsource their mixing to the EU, for EU distribution, while retaining in-house mixing for the US market, resulting in EU purchasers getting an inferior product for the same price.

Recently, feedback from distributors seem to have pushed Five Pawns to do a role-reverse on this decision, and, I believe, the majority of liquids that are entering the market these days are direct from the US.

So, because of this news, and after the recent release of their Blue line, I decided to dip my toe back into the Five Pawns line to see how things had moved on.

Five Pawns Blue Line - Lasker's Rule

laskers-ingredient.jpg

Flavor Profile: Baked Potato Chips, Milk Chocolate and Sea Salt

Yeah, what a fucking random flavor profile. Not sure why I felt the need to even give this one a try, but curiosity got the best of me, so I picked up the shortfill, made up a 6mg mix, stuck it in my Billet Box with the MF bridge (0.5ohm coil at 28 watts) and off I went.

First inhale I had no fucking idea what to think. It was somewhere between completely repulsive and strangely moreish. The more I vaped it, the more it confused me, but I kept on vaping it and I grew to really enjoy it. It's one of the most "vapeable" liquids I've tried in a long time. Each inhale is slightly different than the last. You will get a sweet inhale, not overpoweringly so, but it's a very slight sweet chocolate, then on the exhale, you get a full on crisp, or potato chip for our American friends flavor (seriously, it's uncanny). Post exhale, if you lick your lips, you actually taste salt, as if you have just eaten a crisp. It's completely surreal.

Because it's so different, I really like it. If you're completely fed up with the constant, over sweetened e-liquids that tend to be completely overbearing after a while, this is definitely worth a try. It's also super coil-friendly for those people using pre-built coils.

Five Pawns Blue Line - Magnus

magnus-ingredient.jpg

Flavor Profile: Apple, Caramel, Peanuts and Sea Salt.

Slightly less random flavor profile from this one. It's basically a caramel apple rolled in peanuts and salt.

I felt this was pretty similar to Gambit from their old line. The apple flavor is almost identical, as is the caramel. What makes this different to Gambit is the addition of the nuts and the sea salt (obviously). This makes it a slightly more savory flavor than Gambit. It still gives you the salty lips after vaping, which is a nice touch. Unfortunately, it just wasn't quite different enough for me to want to buy again. I'll happily finish off the bottle though!

There is another in the line, Tabiya, which is supposed to be a melon, mint and sea salt flavor, but I have yet to try it.

My overall impressions of the 2 I have tried are surprisingly good. They're different, which is a difficult thing to find in juice lines these days. Fair play for Five Pawns for trying something different and actually succeeding in my opinion.

Thanks for that, been curious about these new ones. Only ever tried Castle Long/Reserve but it remains a favourite. Think I'll pick up these two to try out now.

great review @mustybadger

Certainly interesting flavours - its good too see a bit of a difference out of the norm even if a bit out of my price range at the moment.

Great review! The first one sounds really interesting! But not at that price :(

These both sound really good to me..... I'll have to try these out one day.

I'm definitely getting bored of the constant stream of boring and almost identical fruit flavours that I have no interest in.

..... always good to see something new being tried too.

Back
Top Bottom