What's new

Review The Crewella & Simon Liquid Review Show: Episode 2

You could always go over stuff that you already know. Might be useful to others who haven't tried them. Anyway, no pressure mate. Appreciate your efforts both of you.

id appreciate it if you did :)2

View attachment 229470

in which we review Santo Domingo, the second in a series of four Rope Cut tobacco flavours.

Crewella: I've managed to open this one all by myself! :D Had a sniff, it does smell interesting!

Simon: Santo Domingo 'an extravagant tobacco blend infused with cinnamon and coconut' Lets hope this one lives up to the 'extravagant tobacco blend' claim. lol, I don't think I can vape mediocre for another day! ;)

Crewella: You can taste more tobacco than with the Arcadia, and I can taste the coconut. Not sure if I can taste cinnamon, but there's a 'kick' to it that might be that. Overall I like it, there's an earthy taste in there somewhere ............. something between leaf litter and damp dog ........... but I like it. :D

Simon: I don't know what 'leaf litter' is but I know what a damp dog is. I think that might put our readers off! :19:

Crewella: It has a much more 'grown up' flavour.

Simon: It doesn't taste like RY4 toffee pops. What kind of tobacco is this, would you say? .... it's not like fags.

Crewella: I can't really see the tobacco as a pipe or cigar though? More of a rolling baccy than a packet ciggie?

Simon: I think it might be burly of some description, that's what I used to roll myself. I like the coconut, it's the right amount... and it's kind of spicy.... it's not in your face cinnamon, it's just like that's part of the tobacco. :)

Crewella: Yep, the coconut's perfect and underpins the whole flavour. I'm much more enamored of this than the Arcadia. It's a much more definite taste, much more interesting.

Simon: Defo much more interesting and flavoursome, there's more layers to explore too... compared to some RY4 double chucked in a bottle. ;)

Crewella: It leaves a much more definable flavour after you've vaped it too ............. a much nicer lingering aftertaste. :drool:

Simon: yeah, it does linger.... I'm drinking tea and it does feel a bit like I've been smoking, got a bit of that aftertaste in my mouth.

(I hate that Cranberries song, get it out of my head!, Si)

Crewella: It's a sort of earthy/woody/leathery note? I think it's the way the tobacco mixes with the coconut ........... it's almost a mustiness ........ but I'm liking it.

Simon: I think I would recommend this to a new vaper just coming off rollies, that's when I first tried it and I enjoyed it then. It's like a rolly with some spicy coconut... which is better than rollies.

Crewella: That makes sense, I agree. I'm going to do the same with this one and take it to work tomorrow.

Simon: Sounds like a plan... this one certainly isn't boring.

Crewella: The Arcadia was fine, got me through the day pleasantly enough ............ but there was no 'wow'. We shall see with this one - I'll either love it or feel sick by the end of the day! :25:

Simon: I'm enjoying it now, a lot .... but It could get a bit much all day, I guess we'll see.:D

Crewella: This is the first new flavour in a long time where I've gone 'ooooh that's interesting ....... mmmmmmmmm' and not just 'yuk' or 'meh'.

Later the following evening.

Simon: It may be one of the best tobacco flavours I've ever tasted! I've happily vaped on this today. :dance:

Crewella: Agreed ............ I've enjoyed it all day and I still like it. :D

Simon: What you you think about the tobacco level? As I was vaping at some points during the day I was wondering if I was just vaping a cinnamon roll-type thing with coconut on top? Or you taste the tobacco well? It might just be me getting used to it.

Crewella: I can taste the tobacco, it's more tobacco-ey than the Arcadia for me, but it's still in the mix rather than the foreground.

Simon: Yeah I think you are right.... it's just so tasty for a tobacco, I kind of forget that it is. :)

Crewella: Most of my favourite juices are like this, with a sort of tobacco framework to hang the other flavours from that I'd find a bit sickly without it.

Simon: It tastes woody to me ..... that's the cinnamon I'm guessing, as it comes from tree bark...... or maybe am I 'barking' up the wrong tree? :54:

(He thinks he's hilarious, but he's not. Crew.)

Crewella: I've had a cinnamon roll and a cinnamon danish today ........... still can't much recognise a cinnamon taste from this, but I could be all cinnamoned out

Simon: .... not jealous or anything. :16: I love cinnamon danish. :drool: I found it kind of built up over the day, I can feel it at the back of my throat now... it's nice. ... it makes me want a fireball. Have you ever had that? it's amazing with apple juice, it's like drinking an apple pie. :5:

Crewella: Can't say I have ............... might try it.

Simon: Never had Fireball? ... or never had it with Apple juice? :hmm:

Crewella: I just had to Google it - Canadian whisky ............... nope :23: ........... not going there. :28:

Simon: Noooo ... come on, it's like a sweet cinnamon bourbon! ... it's amazing, you'll love it. ;)

Crewella: I had a bad experience with Canadian Club ........... we'll see. :puke: I'm a boring old fart - I kind of like my whisky to taste of whisky.:)

Simon: Ok, here's a question.... do you think it's a good as anything by Manabush? :14:

Crewella: Honestly? It's not up to Nokomis/Chiri Sun/Powwow Sauce, no ................ but I like it a little more than the Manabush flavours I'm not so keen on.

Simon: Gotcha, for me it's right up there with my fav Manabush, Like Waxahachie. I'm impressed....... especially after the first one we tried.

Crewella: I'm impressed too - that weird woodiness reminds me a little of the old B-Juice flavours (which I loved).

Simon: Don't say 'weird' woodiness, you'll put people off! :11: ….. It's a delicious woody note from the tobacco.

Crewella: I was trying really hard not to say 'damp dogs' again.:18:

Simon: lol, it tastes like a old oak table top.... that's damp because someone has spilled fireball on it. ... and a packet of desecrated coconut. :dance:

Crewela: I got no 'boozy' taste from this though. Oaky works for me, by the way - I can see that. That's where the 'leaf mould' came in - piles of old oak leaves in the woods at autumn.....

Simon: … leaf mould? :S

Crewella: and how did you desecrate a coconut, if I might ask? Would explain a lot though... :sleepy:

Simon ... :54:

Crewella: Do you own a dog?

Simon: ... I think we might be done with this one!

Crewella: ... :20:

Simon: What's your one word rating? .... and it can't be 'dampdog' .. something that sounds positive as we like this one! … mine is Deeeelicious! :D

Crewella: Take your pick from 'interesting', 'yum', and 'grown up'. What are you vaping yours in, by the way?

Simon: Corolla v1.5 ..... obviously. :D ... as we've mentioned apples, I think we should do the apple one next.

Crewella: Fine with me.

Simon: You know what I'm thinking straight away don't you? one apple tobacco, one cinnamon tobacco .... mix them together for a 5th flavour!! :drool:

Crewella: One pie tobacco! :clapping: ….. Which is the apple tobacco?

Simon: lol, Shellback. :)

Crewella: Right. I'll be back when I've managed to open it! :D

Crewella & Simon give 'Rope Cut Santo Domingo' a Review Show rating of: Yum/Delicious

Tune in next time when we might be talking about Rope Cut's Shellback

If you would like us to talk shit about your e-liquids, please do hesitate before contacting us.

Visit Rope Cut 'The All Weather Vape' here.

Signing off, Si and Crew x :beerchug

:whipping2:
Santa Domingo is my favourite of David’s liquids - fell in love with it at the Lyon expo a couple of years ago

And also

fab review and reviewing style guys!

It really is very good. :) I'm going to be vaping it a lot, it's not something I want to be without now.
Nice one.
they are excellent liquids. Looking forward to shellback as I did enjoy that one.
I'm about to do a reminder review of bread of heaven. May be worth you two chipping in On that one as I've vaped it for year's and still can't describe it sufficiently.

Last edited:
Nice one.
they are excellent liquids. Looking forward to shellback as I did enjoy that one.
I'm about to do a reminder review of bread of heaven. May be worth you two chipping in On that one as I've taped it for year's and still can't describe it sufficiently.

I don't think I've had it for about a year! I know I like it but I can't really remember what it tastes like. :D

Funny enough, Rope cut is becoming much harder to find currently. Vapeclub used to stick it all but I think they've dropped it too now.

Yeah, I noticed that.... Vape Club seems to stock a lot less brands these days to be honest. (maybe the brands have disappeared in some cases)

Back
Top Bottom