What's new

Occult Owl....... my god they're good!

Thom2022

Postman
Hey guys. Having smashed my way through 4 bottles and just receiving another 6 I think I'm going to do a little review. It's my first review ever as I've never felt inclined to do one so be kind, and remember, flavour is subjective.

Every juice was tested in a cthulhu 1928 rda on a therion BF. The builds were all 5 wraps of vandy vapes super fine mtl fused clapton coming in at 0.44-0.47 ohms wicked with muji pads.

They were run on 28 watts 435f.

I tried to keep the builds and mod settings constant so the only variable was flavour.

So, onto the juices.

Two Scoop (fried banana and butterscotch ice cream)

This juice is nowhere near as sickly as it sounds. The general aroma of this juice is a strong banana scent, almost like a blend of foam banana sweets and actual fried banana.
The taste is very different to the smell. I expected a great big banana-y kick to the tastebuds but I was greeted with a nice and mild sweet banana flavour that melted away leaving behind a wonderful silky butterscotch taste with a hint of biscuit.
At this point I panicked "Fuck! I hate biscuit!" But I continued and I was left pleasantly surprised. I normally find biscuity flavours to leave a nasty chemically taste in my mouth after a few puffs but I didn't get that here.
Instead, hit after hit, I got a very consistent and well balanced flavour and didn't find that any flavours became muted or overpowering.
Definitely a very good juice and not one I would have normally gone for but it was the butterscotch that drew me in and it does not disappoint.

Orange Slice (Orange, Cream and cheese cake)

This one has a very biscuity aroma, there's a hint of orange in there but you have to 'search' for it so to speak.
Unfortunately, in my experience the flavour was very similar to the smell, a strong biscuity flavour with creamy orange notes hiding away in the background.
Don't get me wrong. It's still a nice juice and like the two scoop, it doesn't leave any bitter nasty chemical after taste, But for me I was hoping for a little more of a zesty orange and a little less biscuit.
This was my least favourite of the 6 I've tried but still a very nice juice, just not to my tastes unfortunately.

Limesicle (lime, sherbert, citrus and ice)

This juice is tied top for me so far.
The aroma is that or sour lime, exactly as I would expect given it's name.
The flavour is amazing. It's a very true lime in my opinion. There's the strong initial hit of tangy sour lime with the slight dry bitterness the comes through as the initial flavour wears off (exactly like real lime juice) all of that is encompassed by a mild chill, but not menthol, I didn't detect any mintyness at all.
This has been my all day vape and warranted another bottle being ordered. It's really very very good and if you like citrus/sour then it's really worth a shout.

Sour Slushie (blue raspberry and bubble gum)

This is tied with limesicle for me as neither has the edge over the other so they both get 1st place.

The aroma is misleading, as it's just the smell of sour, there's a slight bubble gum hint but it's easy to miss.
Flavour wise it's kinda the same story. I guess if I think really hard about it I can taste bubble gum, but only the faintest hint of it. The best way to describe the flavour is 'it tastes blue' and I mean that in the sense that if you try and think of the flavour of anything that was blue and sour in the mid 90's then you've got it. I wouldn't say blue slush puppy but maybe sort of.a blue slush puppy/blue tango iceblast hybrid baby. It's lacking a bit on the ice factor but it's still a fantastic flavour. Definitely another one for the citrus/sour lovers out there.

Limonada (raspberry, strawberry and lemonade)

This ones aroma has a bit Robinson's summer fruits about it. A little bit sour and a little bit strawberry.
Flavour wise I'd say its the same as well. There's definitely a sort of 'fizz' to the flavour and then a subtle strawberry/raspberry juice drink flavour to it with a little bit of lemon/citrus hidden away at the back. I can't pick out either strawberry or raspberry on their own. They've definitely combined into a nice, refreshing sparkly pink fruit flavour. There's definitely a tingle on the juice during the inhale and then the subtle fruityness on the exhale. All round it's a very subtle flavour. Wonderfully delicate and incredibly refreshing. It makes a good palette cleanser and there's nothing in that has a bold and lasting flavour.

Purple Rain (Grape, rasberrry and blackcurrant)

This one definitely has a very 'fake' grape aroma to it. And gives the impression of being quite dry (odd I know)
To vape it's a bit of an odd ball. I can't really describe it. It's sort or like Ribena with extra bits. Almost as if you were to make a normal Ribena cordial drink but then use shloer instead of water. Those of you who don't know what shloer is are missing out! There is a slight dryness to the flavour but that's not a complaint, just an observation. Grape flavours are something I've had issue with in the past as, like with biscuit, I've always found them to leave a nasty aftertaste. That being said, like with the reast of the juices in this review, I've not had this experience. This is definitely another well balanced juice to the point where picking out individual flavours is a little challenging as they have all blended together beautifully.

On a side note, all of the juices I have tried so far have either been clear, or slightly golden. There seems to be no added colours which is great. I've also find these to be very kind to coil and cotton. I have gone through at least 7ml of each juice without a rebuild. The only time I changed coils was because I was changing flavour and I only replaced the cotton because I wanted to and not because I had to. There was a slight drop in flavour potency before each rebuild/rewick but I didn't observe any fouling of the coils.

All in all I think this is some fantastic work from @Lee

If you haven't tried any of this range I really do urge you to. I'm blown away to the point I've spent £100 in just over a month on these juices alone!

Hey guys. Having smashed my way through 4 bottles and just receiving another 6 I think I'm going to do a little review. It's my first review ever as I've never felt inclined to do one so be kind, and remember, flavour is subjective.

Every juice was tested in a cthulhu 1928 rda on a therion BF. The builds were all 5 wraps of vandy vapes super fine mtl fused clapton coming in at 0.44-0.47 ohms wicked with muji pads.

I tried to keep the builds and mod settings constant so the only variable was flavour.

So, onto the juices.

This juice is nowhere near as sickly as it sounds. The general aroma of this juice is a strong banana scent, almost like a blend of foam banana sweets and actual fried banana.
The taste is very different to the smell. I expected a great big banana-y kick to the tastebuds but I was greeted with a nice and mild sweet banana flavour that melted away leaving behind a wonderful silky butterscotch taste with a hint of biscuit.
At this point I panicked "Fuck! I hate biscuit!" But I continued and I was left pleasantly surprised. I normally find biscuity flavours to leave a nasty chemically taste in my mouth after a few puffs but I didn't get that here.
Instead, hit after hit, I got a very consistent and well balanced flavour and didn't find that any flavours became muted or overpowering.
Definitely a very good juice and not one I would have normally gone for but it was the butterscotch that drew me in and it does not disappoint.

This one has a very biscuity aroma, there's a hint of orange in there but you have to 'search' for it so to speak.
Unfortunately, in my experience the flavour was very similar to the smell, a strong biscuity flavour with creamy orange notes hiding away in the background.
Don't get me wrong. It's still a nice juice and like the two scoop, it doesn't leave any bitter nasty chemical after taste, But for me I was hoping for a little more of a zesty orange and a little less biscuit.
This was my least favourite of the 6 I've tried but still a very nice juice, just not to my tastes unfortunately.

The flavour is amazing. It's a very true lime in my opinion. There's the strong initial hit of tangy sour lime with the slight dry bitterness the comes through as the initial flavour wears off (exactly like real lime juice) all of that is encompassed by a mild chill, but not menthol, I didn't detect any mintyness at all.
This has been my all day vape and warranted another bottle being ordered. It's really very very good and if you like citrus/sour then it's really worth a shout.

This is tied with limesicle for me as neither has the edge over the other so they both get 1st place.

The aroma is misleading, as it's just the smell of sour, there's a slight bubble gum hint but it's easy to miss.
Flavour wise it's kinda the same story. I guess if I think really hard about it I can taste bubble gum, but only the faintest hint of it. The best way to describe the flavour is 'it tastes blue' and I mean that in the sense that if you try and think of the flavour of anything that was blue and sour in the mid 90's then you've got it. I wouldn't say blue slush puppy but maybe sort of.a blue slush puppy/blue tango iceblast hybrid baby. It's lacking a bit on the ice factor but it's still a fantastic flavour. Definitely another one for the citrus/sour lovers out there.

This ones aroma has a bit Robinson's summer fruits about it. A little bit sour and a little bit strawberry.
Flavour wise I'd say its the same as well. There's definitely a sort of 'fizz' to the flavour and then a subtle strawberry/raspberry juice drink flavour to it with a little bit of lemon/citrus hidden away at the back. I can't pick out either strawberry or raspberry on their own. They've definitely combined into a nice, refreshing sparkly pink fruit flavour. There's definitely a tingle on the juice during the inhale and then the subtle fruityness on the exhale. All round it's a very subtle flavour. Wonderfully delicate and incredibly refreshing. It makes a good palette cleanser and there's nothing in that has a bold and lasting flavour.

This one definitely has a very 'fake' grape aroma to it. And gives the impression of being quite dry (odd I know)
To vape it's a bit of an odd ball. I can't really describe it. It's sort or like Ribena with extra bits. Almost as if you were to make a normal Ribena cordial drink but then use shloer instead of water. Those of you who don't know what shloer is are missing out! There is a slight dryness to the flavour but that's not a complaint, just an observation. Grape flavours are something I've had issue with in the past as, like with biscuit, I've always found them to leave a nasty aftertaste. That being said, like with the reast of the juices in this review, I've not had this experience. This is definitely another well balanced juice to the point where picking out individual flavours is a little challenging as they have all blended together beautifully.

On a side note, all of the juices I have tried so far have either been clear, or slightly golden. There seems to be no added colours which is great. I've also find these to be very kind to coil and cotton. I have gone through at least 7ml of each juice without a rebuild. The only time I changed coils was because I was changing flavour and I only replaced the cotton because I wanted to and not because I had to. There was a slight drop in flavour potency before each rebuild/rewick but I didn't observe any fouling of the coils.

If you haven't tried any of this range I really do urge you to. I'm blown away to the point I've spent £100 in just over a month on these juices alone!

What a fantastic detailed review. A lot of people that write reviews could learn a thing or two from that, well done! You can tell that’s been really thought out and genuine.

I’m pleased you’re enjoying them, it’s fascinating to hear your findings at lower power MTL vaping style, because I never sample any of them like this, other than maybe the tobacco they tend to get blasted at 80w or more.

I wonder if you have a higher power setup that you could also try some in to compare the flavours? That would be interesting to read with the amount of detail you have gone in to here! [emoji16]

Last edited:

So, onto the juices.

Great review mate!
Try the orange slice on a rda on 90 watts, loads of citrus/orange flavour then!
Totally agree on the others i have tried (two scoops and limesicle)

great review fella. your a natural and explained the flavours very well.

Great review.
I’ve got the Purple Rain and the Tarte au Citron.
Very Succinctly written. [emoji106]

Nice review. Taste being subjective and all, orange slice sounds like it would suit me. Think I'll have to grab some next payday [emoji3].

Thanks for the comments guys.
Glad you've liked the review. I've also got a Tennessee reserva to try but as it's a custom mix it needs to steep. I did have a little sample and initial reaction is good but I will update this in a few weeks with a full review of that flavour.

Heard the chatter here.

Now when chatters happens, it's boosts expectations so high you're USUALLY let down.

However, nope. Tried 5/10 Owl liquids so far, quite enjoyed most...

Even the Two Scoops, yet I dislike most banana vapes and not a fan of butterscotch. Quite liked it.

And @Lee we've nearly sold out of the sample order we placed.

Back
Top Bottom