What's new

Review Manabush, Base Zero range

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20191010_14_24_33_Pro.jpg

Here we have the all new Base Zero range from the mighty manabush. Now if you don't know about manabush, you need to, so pull up a chair.
For many year's Manabush have been the finest purveyors (in my opinion) of tobacco desert, tobacco re imagined, patisserie and tobacco blend liquids with their original incredible Nokomis range (tobacco deserts) The spiritwalker range (a non tobacco version of the Nokomis range featuring it's own unique base flavour), Bunkr range (a higher vg patisserie inspired range), indigene (a fantastic collaboration with another of the UK 's genius juice maker's "The druids brew". A range based around a distinctive tobacco fig blend with complimentary flavours) and Firewater (a bold cigar tobacco, bourbon based range)
Now, like a bolt out of the blue, we get the very different Base Zero collection. A selection of short fill liquids available in two sizes, a 30 ml (20mls of over flavoured juice along with a 10mls bottle of nic shot included in the purchase price).
The second size is the familiar 60mls short fill size (50mls of over flavoured juice along with a 10mls bottle of nic shot included in the purchase).
The idea of the available options is the 30mls bottle will give a nic level of 6mg when the shot is added which makes the juice perfect for mouth to lung vaping.
The 60mls bottle when made up with the shot will give a nic level of 3mg, perfect for bigger direct to lung tanks or drippers.
As if this wasn't enough choice. You get a choice of the vg/pg level of your nic shot between a 50/50 pg/vg level (perfect for pods and mtl kits) or 70/30 vg/pg (ideal for dtl kits). Finally you have the choice of adding a cooling nic shot to your juice... if your pure evil.
So, already a wealth of choice. Oh, just one more thing, they are priced at a bargain £5 for 30mls and £10 for 60mls and that includes your nic shot choice.
The flavours are really something new from manabush. They've asked their own customer base who visits the Manabush cafe (also known as Mecca) in Nottingham which flavours they'd really enjoy and thrown a few wildcards in for good measure.

The flavours.
01 Grape
02 Traditional cola
03 Tropical mimosa
04 Nut custard
05 Banoffee custard
06 Gin jack
07 coconut cream

Now I was a tad apprehensive about this range at first, I won't lie. As a tobacco fan with a kink for pud juices, a few of these flavours where out of my comfort zone. That said. I was man enough to struggle on.

This is where it gets complicated as the flavours I get may be completely different to how you perceive them but I will try to give an overview.
Firstly don't let the name Base Zero and price point fool you. These are complex juices mixed by a flavour blender with insanely good taste buds and year's of experience.
01 Grape: yep it's grape. Reminds me very much of a quality American grape soda with just the right level of sweetness. You'll find no super sweet coil killing liquids in this range. Love it.
02 Traditional cola: Don't think coke or pepsi. It's more of an old fashioned boutique cola made from the real deal Cola bean. This surprised me as I've pretty much vaped this every night. Possibly my favourite it's so good.
03 Tropical mimosa. This is a champagne cocktail with orange,mango, coconut and lychee. On paper, this does not look like it would be for me but it's like smooth sunshine in your tank. In all honesty it isn't my type of flavour that I could vape all day but I've been enjoying it for the last few evenings and it would be a great choice on a hot day.
04: Nut custard. Definitely more me. A real creamy vanilla custard blended with peanut butter perfectly, again not too sweet and it ends on a rich hazelnut flavour which is heaven. Superb juice.
05: Banoffee custard. I've reached nirvana. Take that nut custard then add bananas.
Not just any banana flavour but it opens on a ripe cooked banana then you go through the range of the nut custard and finish on a fresh ripe banana flavour. Heaven.
If you've ever tasted the element banana nut liquid then it's a close flavour touchstone but the banoffee blows it out of the water and your coils will thank you too.
06: Gin jack, This one's a Gin, cactus and jackfruit blend. Now after falling down a sand dune into a group of super hairy cacti in Nevada around 1992 I've had surprisingly strong opinions about cactus and I'm not a gin fan plus I've no idea what the hell a Jack fruit is so this was the most feared juice.
You know what. It's not bad. I'm still getting my head around it but it's way more accessible than I expected. I can't even begin to describe this one in any real way except to say it's a really light, clean and fresh flavour with a definite dry Gin style edge. There's a definite shared DNA to firewater here and would recommend any firewater fans give this a go. I'm still assessing it.
07: coconut cream, I tried to think of all the drinks or foods that contain coconut to compare this to but the fact is manabush have completely nailed the flavour of a fresh coconut straight from the tree.
Spot on, delicious and one for the coyote coconut fans for sure.

I should add I've been trying all these flavours in mtl tanks. Berserker, hastur mini, kayfun lite, kayfun prime, skyline and Merlin nano all came into play plus stock coil tanks like the nautilus and zenith with pods like the podstick, pasito and pal 2. Zero wicking issue's and I'm pretty confident these juices will really promote long coil life as I haven't had to rewick anything or change one coil/pod.
I'm yet to try these in a dtl set up but I'm certain they will be fantastic.
I fully expected not to get on with the majority of these flavours. I'm a big manabush fan but there's a fair few flavours that I just don't enjoy but with this range I actually really enjoyed trying something new and will be revisiting far more of these than I'd imagined and I suspect I shall be putting at least four into constant rotation.
Top draw stuff.

WP_20190919_22_20_55_Pro.jpg

Note: during stoptober you can grab these fella's for £3.50 for 30mls and £7 for 60mls. Amazing bargain for top quality juice.

Available now.
https://manabush.com/collections/base-zero-by-manabush

Last edited:
View attachment 202463
Here we have the all new Base Zero range from the mighty manabush. Now if you don't know about manabush, you need to, so pull up a chair.
For many year's Manabush have been the finest purveyors (in my opinion) of tobacco desert, tobacco re imagined, patisserie and tobacco blend liquids with their original incredible Nokomis range (tobacco deserts) The spiritwalker range (a non tobacco version of the Nokomis range featuring it's own unique base flavour), Bunkr range (a higher vg patisserie inspired range), indigene (a fantastic collaboration with another of the UK 's genius juice maker's "The druids brew". A range based around a distinctive tobacco fig blend with complimentary flavours) and Firewater (a bold cigar tobacco, bourbon based range)
Now, like a bolt out of the blue, we get the very different Base Zero collection. A selection of short fill liquids available in two sizes, a 30 ml (20mls of over flavoured juice along with a 10mls bottle of nic shot included in the purchase price).
The second size is the familiar 60mls short fill size (50mls of over flavoured juice along with a 10mls bottle of nic shot included in the purchase).
The idea of the available options is the 30mls bottle will give a nic level of 6mg when the shot is added which makes the juice perfect for mouth to lung vaping.
The 60mls bottle when made up with the shot will give a nic level of 3mg, perfect for bigger direct to lung tanks or drippers.
As if this wasn't enough choice. You get a choice of the vg/pg level of your nic shot between a 50/50 pg/vg level (perfect for pods and mtl kits) or 70/30 vg/pg (ideal for dtl kits). Finally you have the choice of adding a cooling nic shot to your juice... if your pure evil.
So, already a wealth of choice. Oh, just one more thing, they are priced at a bargain £5 for 30mls and £10 for 60mls and that includes your nic shot choice.
The flavours are really something new from manabush. They've asked their own customer base who visits the Manabush cafe (also known as Mecca) in Nottingham which flavours they'd really enjoy and thrown a few wildcards in for good measure.

The flavours.
01 Grape
02 Traditional cola
03 Tropical mimosa
04 Nut custard
05 Banoffee custard
06 Gin jack
07 coconut cream

Now I was a tad apprehensive about this range at first, I won't lie. As a tobacco fan with a kink for pud juices, a few of these flavours where out of my comfort zone. That said. I was man enough to struggle on.

This is where it gets complicated as the flavours I get may be completely different to how you perceive them but I will try to give an overview.
Firstly don't let the name Base Zero and price point fool you. These are complex juices mixed by a flavour blender with insanely good taste buds and year's of experience.
01 Grape: yep it's grape. Reminds me very much of a quality American grape soda with just the right level of sweetness. You'll find no super sweet coil killing liquids in this range. Love it.
02 Traditional cola: Don't think coke or pepsi. It's more of an old fashioned boutique cola made from the real deal Cola bean. This surprised me as I've pretty much vaped this every night. Possibly my favourite it's so good.
03 Tropical mimosa. This is a champagne cocktail with orange,mango, coconut and lychee. On paper, this does not look like it would be for me but it's like smooth sunshine in your tank. In all honesty it isn't my type of flavour that I could vape all day but I've been enjoying it for the last few evenings and it would be a great choice on a hot day.
04: Nut custard. Definitely more me. A real creamy vanilla custard blended with peanut butter perfectly, again not too sweet and it ends on a rich hazelnut flavour which is heaven. Superb juice.
05: Banoffee custard. I've reached nirvana. Take that nut custard then add bananas.
Not just any banana flavour but it opens on a ripe cooked banana then you go through the range of the nut custard and finish on a fresh ripe banana flavour. Heaven.
If you've ever tasted the element banana nut liquid then it's a close flavour touchstone but the banoffee blows it out of the water and your coils will thank you too.
06: Gin jack, This one's a Gin, cactus and jackfruit blend. Now after falling down a sand dune into a group of super hairy cacti in Nevada around 1992 I've had surprisingly strong opinions about cactus and I'm not a gin fan plus I've no idea what the hell a Jack fruit is so this was the most feared juice.
You know what. It's not bad. I'm still getting my head around it but it's way more accessible than I expected. I can't even begin to describe this one in any real way except to say it's a really light, clean and fresh flavour with a definite dry Gin style edge. There's a definite shared DNA to firewater here and would recommend any firewater fans give this a go. I'm still assessing it.
07: coconut cream, I tried to think of all the drinks or foods that contain coconut to compare this to but the fact is manabush have completely nailed the flavour of a fresh coconut straight from the tree.

I should add I've been trying all these flavours in mtl tanks. Berserker, hastur mini, kayfun lite, kayfun prime, skyline and Merlin nano all came into play plus stock coil tanks like the nautilus and zenith with pods like the podstick, pasito and pal 2. Zero wicking issue's and I'm pretty confident these juices will really promote long coil life as I haven't had to rewick anything or change one coil/pod.
I fully expected not to get on with the majority of these flavours. I'm a big manabush fan but there's a fair few flavours that I just don't enjoy but with this range I actually really enjoyed trying something new and will be revisiting far more of these than I'd imagined and I suspect I shall be putting at least four into constant rotation.
Top draw stuff.

View attachment 202464

Note: during stoptober you can grab these fella's for £3.50 for 30mls and £7 for 60mls. Amazing bargain for top quality juice.

Available now.
Wow! Thanks @eyeball kid - so pleased you like em!

View attachment 202463

The flavours.
01 Grape
02 Traditional cola
03 Tropical mimosa
04 Nut custard
05 Banoffee custard
06 Gin jack
07 coconut cream

Top draw stuff.

View attachment 202464

Available now.

Nice review fella, jeezo hold yere horses, you have had the juices for 5 days or so, you have had them in 11 tanks/pods, so it's no surprise that you have not had to change coils....can only be a few mls into each one...so promoting real coil life (whatever that means) is waffle.
I have 4 of these juices, but it's way too early for me to be making these coil life assumptions.
Agree the cola is wonderful, I love it....stock coil 60mls in is average.

Nice review fella, jeezo hold yere horses, you have had the juices for 5 days or so, you have had them in 11 tanks/pods, so it's no surprise that you have not had to change coils....can only be a few mls into each one...so promoting real coil life (whatever that means) is waffle.
I have 4 of these juices, but it's way too early for me to be making these coil life assumptions.

I suspect he's basing it on the grape and Cola TBH .. hes had those awhile

The others .. well the Gin Jack, Tropical Mimosa and Coconut xCream should all give pretty good coil life (on average with the grape and cola)

The Custards ...while not overtly sweetened are custards .. so probably a bit less for those.

Trust me. I've been on some of these a little longer than some. ( I may be lucky enough to receive the odd tester 10 ml early cos I'm a lucky bum).
I change cotton with nokomis every two day's and a nautilus coil will last me five days. (I vape pretty constantly). I've vaped the cola pretty non stop and at around 40mls in the cotton is still good and the nautilus coil is as clean as a fresh pamper.
I stripped out the new zenith 3d coil to check the wire and cotton after a week of banoffee and its barely coloured with almost zero build up.
Element banana nut won't last more than two days without turning the coil to black toffee.
Remember I'm testing a lot of hardware for reviews and manufacturers constantly too so I get to try juice in a lot of set ups and mrs kid joins the fun.
Not just saying this buddy. I do actually check.
So far they've all been kind on the coils. I will update when they die.

I suspect he's basing it on the grape and Cola TBH .. hes had those awhile

The others .. well the Gin Jack, Tropical Mimosa and Coconut xCream should all give pretty good coil life (on average with the grape and cola)

The Custards ...while not overtly sweetened are custards .. so probably a bit less for those.
I've hammered the custards bud and I'm probably over double the life currently on the cotton.
I think the custards are faring excellently.

Great review eyeball kid and probably no less than expected from Manabush for those that regularly use their juice. :2thumbsup:

Superb review as always @eyeball. Got the Grape and Cola already. Love the Grape. I’m still undecided on the Cola. Ordered all the others, except the custards. Looking forward to receiving them and giving them a run [emoji106]

Superb review as always @eyeball. Got the Grape and Cola already. Love the Grape. I’m still undecided on the Cola. Ordered all the others, except the custards. Looking forward to receiving them and giving them a run [emoji106]
Let me know what you make of the Gin jack coolie. It's really unusual. (Not in a bad way but hard to describe).

Just trying Gin Jack NOW as it happens. Anything "Gin" is now up against some very stiff competition as I have finally found what I consider to be THE Gin Liquid for me.
That said......... The Maestro appears to have done it again! VERY early days for me so I won't comment further yet, apart from saying, it's damn good. :)
All Hail @ZT

Back
Top Bottom