What's new

Review Isle of custard (rejuiced), Old salts custard.

I'm a big fan of the og mint choc chip but I've tried them all (Lee's original ones) and all the rejuiced and your spot on the last mint choc I bought took 5-6 weeks to come right. Still good but after the wait all the flavours sit perfectly and the flavour is nice and bold. The vanilla took longer for me. But maybe that's me.
I tried the mint, Lee's and rejuiced, just felt muted to me compared to the original , only gave it a month so maybe needed longer?

I tried the mint, Lee's and rejuiced, just felt muted to me compared to the original , only gave it a month so maybe needed longer?
There's obviously some ingredient substitution's. Rejuiced have done really well and obviously have some good ingredients deals going on with suppliers so I've accepted a little change is inevitable. As long as it's not way off base.
They've obviously got a dificult job to do as we're still yet to see any classic dripworx recipes arrive. Been waiting for cereal killer for a long time, lol.

There's obviously some ingredient substitution's. Rejuiced have done really well and obviously have some good ingredients deals going on with suppliers so I've accepted a little change is inevitable. As long as it's not way off base.
They've obviously got a dificult job to do as we're still yet to see any classic dripworx recipes arrive. Been waiting for cereal killer for a long time, lol.
@Gaz Lynn emailed Rejuiced the other day asking when/if they plan to bring Chronic Cookie to market (it's his all time favourite liquid and he's just finished his supply) I'll need to message him and see if he got a response? Still strange that they've done virtually nothing with the Dripworx range, I'd be right in about some Crmbl if they released it.

@Gaz Lynn emailed Rejuiced the other day asking when/if they plan to bring Chronic Cookie to market (it's his all time favourite liquid and he's just finished his supply) I'll need to message him and see if he got a response? Still strange that they've done virtually nothing with the Dripworx range, I'd be right in about some Crmbl if they released it.
It's no cheap job putting out a new juice so i guess in the current climate (ie: we're all skint, lol) a new release has to be thought about.
Also I guess the profits on the og range have to be looked at.
Yet we've a few isle of custard juices already.

i absolutely loved lees creations when it was dripworx the og shakes where to die for, and sugar daddy was another fave for & was gutted to see rejuiced have not brought it out, when rejuiced took over i tried the og shakes they was okish, but the last lot was meh even after a good 2 month steep.

No egg buddy, just a nice vanilla heavy custard but if it's not golden in colour. Into the cupboard it goes.
All the isle of custard stuff was first class. I used to like the blueberry one too.
Thanks mate i shall add some to my next order i make with em thanks again........

Hello Guys,
Thanks for the review. I'll be honest with you all, we haven't tweaked any of the original recipes from Dripworx or Isle of Custard from a saving costs point of view. Anyone who's dabbled in DIY can confirm there's just no need.

However, we have replaced flavourings which contain undesirable ingredients (e.g. Diacetyl & Acetyl Propionyl) with suitable alternatives. e.g. Capella Vanilla Custard V1 with Capella Vanilla Custard V2.
Yes, CAP Vanilla Custard V1 is more flavoursome than v2. However, given a longer steep we've found v2 is almost on par.
Since shortfills are pretty much unregulated, some have chosen to keep undesirable ingredients in their shortfills. However, all our shortfills are manufactured to TPD standards. We are trying to build a sustainable business for the long run that hopefully, customers feel they can trust.

Now on to warehousing and pre-steeped e-liquid.
Gone are the days where we used to ship freshly made e-liquid the same day. Over the last 2 years, we have invested heavily in a much larger warehouse, more staff and machinery. Not one product should be leaving us under 1 month old. Occasionally we do get caught out i.e 'Juice Of The Week' when a juice proves way more popular than expected.
You're completely right though custards particularly do need longer and customers should not have to wait. I have read all the comments here and will personally make sure we implement much larger batches immediately. This will, of course, minimise steeping times going forward.

As always thank you for the constructive criticism.

Andrew

Last edited:
Well said @REJUICED. It may be worthy of note that I am still vaping pre TPD/pre shenanigans Isle of Custard. It’s slowly dwindling, but my point is that other than any use by dates that you put on it, you don’t have to worry about deterioration of quality, at least not in the flavours. It just keeps getting better.

Hello Guys,
Thanks for the review. I'll be honest with you all, we haven't tweaked any of the original recipes from Dripworx or Isle of Custard from a saving costs point of view. Anyone who's dabbled in DIY can confirm there's just no need.

However, we have replaced flavourings which contain undesirable ingredients (e.g. Diacetyl & Acetyl Propionyl) with suitable alternatives. e.g. Capella Vanilla Custard V1 with Capella Vanilla Custard V2.
Yes, CAP Vanilla Custard V1 is more flavoursome than v2. However, given a longer steep we've found v2 is almost on par.
Since shortfills are pretty much unregulated, some have chosen to keep undesirable ingredients in their shortfills. However, all our shortfills are manufactured to TPD standards. We are trying to build a sustainable business for the long run that hopefully, customers feel they can trust.

Now on to warehousing and pre-steeped e-liquid.
Gone are the days where we used to ship freshly made e-liquid the same day. Over the last 2 years, we have invested heavily in a much larger warehouse, more staff and machinery. Not one product should be leaving us under 1 month old. Occasionally we do get caught out i.e 'Juice Of The Week' when a juice proves way more popular than expected.
You're completely right though custards particularly do need longer and customers should not have to wait. I have read all the comments here and will personally make sure we implement much larger batches immediately. This will, of course, minimise steeping times going forward.

As always thank you for the constructive criticism.

Andrew
Sorry Andrew. Just caught this.
Fantastic. This is why I return to yourselves. Honesty.
I also understand the juice of the week as you are paying for a juice at bargain prices so some laying down at home is more than acceptable.
Good to see your extending the steep time and also accept there's only so far things can go as more is needed after the nic is added.
I will grab the blueberry isle of custard this week and run a review.
Ultimately, it ends up a fantastic juice and as time goes on I know we will be receiving the 10 out of 10 pre steeped juice in time.
Nice one @REJUICED for taking the review as intended.

Back
Top Bottom