What's new

Review Indigéne Tamahaac & Kona Paka

Simon G

Olympian
These liquids were bought by myself for the purpose of vaping and these are my own thoughts that I have not be paid, cajoled, bribed or coaxed to write ..... although I did get an introductory 10% off that will in no way affect my judgement.

So we all know the back story, two of the greatest minds in mature, rich and delicious tobacco based eliquids get together and start a new range of tasty flavours to tickle the tastebuds of MTL vapers who just don't want to 'move on' to direct lunging packets of skittles or blue slushies (or something like that anyway)

I'll do some 'comparing' to the Manabush during this review, mainly to point out the differences to that range but also to give a point of reference to a lot of people who I suspect will be reading this because they are familiar with that brand.

These two flavours are the first (of many hopefully) ... we'll start off with Tamahaac, I have 12mg nicotine and the liquid is 50% VG, vaping on the trusty old corolla at the standard 10w

Firstly I will say this definitely isn't Manabush (or Druids Brew for that matter) it has a dryness and smokiness to the texture than isn't apparent in the either of those ranges, but if anything I would say it's a little closer to Druids Brew Bread of Heaven than anything in the Manabush range, just because it doesn't have that dark signature maple thing going on.

The flavour has a nice 'plummy' taste, which reminds me of that Purity plum tobacco I reviewed a while back, I guess that's the fig coming though and the tobacco element is light, dry and spicy, which reminds me a little of the tobacco elements in Digbys Oriental plunder. The throat hit is defined and would be very appealing to a smoker looking to switch.

Down at 7w and taking a longer draw, the throat hit becomes a little less and the flavour takes on an earthier taste and the fig is a little less to the front. Up to the giddy heights of 14w the fig really comes to the front and the flavour becomes a little sweeter, it's a very layered flavour and just going between 7, 10 and 14w brings out different elements of the flavour ..... interesting and very enjoyable. on my little 18350 mech with a 1ohm coil I think you would really taste the flavour changes as the cell drained. .... I'll be trying that for sure.

I've settled on 9w as I vape this right now on a 1.1ohm Nichrome coil, that seems to be the sweet spot for the balance between the earthiness and the sweet fig for me.

Overall, yes I like this a lot. I don't actually vape many flavours on a regular basis tending to stick to what I know and like but this really does make a nice change, it's familiar enough to my taste buds to provide me with a satisfying vape that keeps the cravings and urges at bay but also feels like something new and exciting.

OK, enough waffle, TLDR. ...... it's great, go and buy it.

Lets lean over and grab the other corolla filled with Kona Paka ... again I have 12mg nicotine and the liquid is 50% VG, starting at the good old battery friendly 10w, this one has a 1.4 ohm Kanthal coil in it....

First things first, it's immediately apparent that is liquid is from the same range and it doesn't taste massively dissimilar to the Tamahaac I was vaping just a moment ago, it's not like switching to a totally different vape. All the flavours I talked about before appear to still be there but it tastes a little less dry and there's now some new elements to talk about.

Apparently it's coffee but if I wasn't told that I'm not sure I would be picking it out, maybe because I'm more of a tea drinker and certainly not a coffee aficionado .... lets lower the power and see what happens.

Down at 8w the coffee becomes even less apparent to me, it's a long way from coffee vapes I tried back in the days when I was vaping all kinds of stuff trying to find something that sticks. The weird thing is sometimes on the exhale it will really pop out, just for a moment and then I'll taste the fig and tobacco again, it's a very enjoyable experience.....

OK, I'm gonna pause here for a moment, too much nic, too much vaping, too much indulgence. .... phew, light headed.... brb.

Right where was I?

Ok, lets try a slightly higher power and see what that brings to the flavour table....

13.5w and this suddenly tastes much sweeter and richer and the coffee is much further to the front along with the fig, it tastes really good around here and like Tamahaac it's really fun altering the power to make the flavours change. I'm struggling to decide which I prefer, they are both really nice, similar but different.

Bottom line they could both be all day vapes for me and I could see these becoming my favourite liquid range (over Manabush) ... but that might just because I (dare I even say it) I may be getting a little bored vaping Manabush 90% of the time. :D

anyway, a man has just arrived to fix our loo (oh the joy) so I'm going to make him a cuppa and leave this here, if you think you may enjoy these then I'm pretty sure you will. Top notch eLiquid as we all suspected they would be.

Massive thanks to @The Druid’s Brew and @manabush for creating something that people like myself want to vape, it's easy to become disillusioned and dejected when so many new liquids are high VG fruity corn puffs with cream, or whatever. ... so thanks again for creating something that vapers like me can truly get excited about and also will satisfy smokers looking to get away from their health destroying habit.

have a drink on me but go easy...step lightly...stay (smoke) free. (Topper Headon, Mick Jones, Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon)

Nice review Simon. When I saw the page I thought I'd end up skipping some but you kept it interesting and I flew through it.

I like your little dig at the current trends and you're absolutely right. I haven't tried Druid's Brew but Manabush truly stands out and I can't wait to try these.

wow! cheers Simon

Thanks for this, I’m looking forward to trying the tamahaac i ordered. It sounds right up my street.
Unfortunately royal mail (and dpd apparently as well now) have somehow become dysfunctional in my area. But hopefully it will arrive at some point...!

That's a great review Simon, mine came earlier but I haven't had a chance,to try them yet.

Awesome review @simong Very detailed and personal to your vaping style.

I agree with most of what you say (though I've only so far tried some 6mg samples and I use 18mg as a rule) though I'd say that the coffee flavours in the Kona were pretty prominent, and the better for it ;)

Awesome review @simong Very detailed and personal to your vaping style.

I agree with most of what you say (though I've only so far tried some 6mg samples and I use 18mg as a rule) though I'd say that the coffee flavours in the Kona were pretty prominent, and the better for it ;)

thanks. :)

yeah, it could just be that I'm not recognising it as coffee as when I drink the stuff I have it sweet and milky. :)

bloody nice stuff either way, whatever it is... :D

Nice one for the review @simong can't wait to get em in my lung bags

@ZT good luck with the new company, the flavours sound great, I just placed the first order - only a wee one as my wallet has been cleaned out after your October offers

@ZT good luck with the new company, the flavours sound great, I just placed the first order - only a wee one as my wallet has been cleaned out after your October offers
Nice one! Hope you like em

And I’ve just Sussed who you are :) thanks Martin

Back
Top Bottom