What's new

Review Firewater No1 review

I have never vaped a tobacco flavoured juice as was not sure it would be the sort of thing I enjoy since I am more of a dessert juice style person - I do have one in the drawer to try but just never got round to it yet.

I think good tobacco liquids are pretty close to dessert flavours in a lot of ways ...... maybe not strawberry meringue, but something like a maple pecan pie is in a similar ball park or a toffee caramel type dessert. A load of tobacco blends have those types of flavours in them, nuts, vanilla, caramels and biscuit type flavours.... even creams and custards. I think the tobacco just gives them more of a savory flavour overall.

I think good tobacco liquids are pretty close to dessert flavours in a lot of ways ...... maybe not strawberry meringue, but something like a maple pecan pie is in a similar ball park or a toffee caramel type dessert. A load of tobacco blends have those types of flavours in them, nuts, vanilla, caramels and biscuit type flavours.... even creams and custards. I think the tobacco just gives them more of a savory flavour overall.

Yes, most of my favourite mixes blend these two flavour areas.

Please excuse me jumping on your review thread but I'm too new to the forums to be able to create my own.

I recently ordered the Humidor Pack so 10ml of each flavour. I'm a fan of the existing Manabush range, in fact they're probably the reason I've kept vaping for the last couple of years, they're my go-to brand and have kept me pretty happy. I've had a really nice cigar leaf juice in the past, but it was bought overseas and I've not seen another one like it since (it was cigar leaf plus Hazelnut and dark chocolate, so overall came across a bit like Manabush Ixcacao but with more of a cigar taste and a dominant note a bit like Frangelico liqueur), so I was looking forward to giving these a try, and I must admit I was quite surprised by almost all of them. First up, the Number One - it definitely tastes of cigars, but not the sort of cigars I was expecting. I was expecting it to be similar to a Meharis Mild and Sweet - i.e. mid to dark brown tobacco, probably with some vanilla. However it reminded me more of the cigars you get in the USA with the green wrappers. A much fresher less cured tobacco taste, lighter than I was expecting. The bourbon - well, I couldn't really detect it that much. It's definitely not as prominent as, say the rum in Manabush's 'Omusa' juice. Along with the more green-leafy vibe of the tobacco, I also detected hints of Matcha (Japanese green tea) in there somehow, more by way of a slight astringency rather than a pronounced taste.

Number two I wasn't expecting much from. I'm not a massive fan of cola in general as a drink and wasn't sure how the whole thing was going to tie together. So I went in with low expectations. But I think I may have found an ideal ADV here. The cola side to the flavour is very restrained, but still there. The lime is zesty rather than acidic, and carries through til the exhale where it lingers on the tongue along with a very slight sweetness. Now if you didn't tell me what this juice was meant to taste of, I'd have to think quite hard then say 'Liptonic'. Which was a sparkling Lipton Ice Tea and Lemon drink available in France a while back. They tried to launch it in the UK some time ago but it tasted different and never took off. I guess sparkling tea was too weird for English palates.

Which just leaves number three. Now, this surprised me even more than Number Two, but for the polar opposite reason. I like Amaretto, and I could imagine a cocktail with Amaretto, bourbon and red fruit (I'd prefer black cherry maybe, but red fruits should still work) tasting pretty damn good. Even if it wasn't that well realised I imagine it'd taste more like Dr Pepper (a guilty pleasure in my youth). I've only tried a couple of ml in my tank and I have to say I've been left a bit cold by it. Not even left cold, I actually disliked it. Since I actually like Amaretto and can't quite work out why this juice doesn't really taste like Amaretto but also seems a bit 'off' and chemically tasting to me. It's slightly cloudy in the bottle which the other two aren't, I don't know if that's normal or not. And the flavours all seem to clash rather than play nicely with each other. I am actually thinking about emailing customer support to see if the cloudiness is normal. I feel like I should persevere with it, but I have the other two bottles and a three-pack of the Indigene series (which I really like a lot in all variants but I'll jump on someone else's review for that one) - bearing in mind I've never disliked a Manabush juice before I'm thinking it must be a bad batch or something....

All juices were tasted in my Aspire Nautilus Mini, OEM 1.8ohm coils. Started with a fresh coil for number one, then tried number three then ended on number two. So there shouldn't have been any clash or off notes based on using the same coil, if One is the base flavour and Three is the base flavour plus extras....

Last edited:
Please excuse me jumping on your review thread but I'm too new to the forums to be able to create my own.

I recently ordered the Humidor Pack so 10ml of each flavour. I'm a fan of the existing Manabush range, in fact they're probably the reason I've kept vaping for the last couple of years, they're my go-to brand and have kept me pretty happy. I've had a really nice cigar leaf juice in the past, but it was bought overseas and I've not seen another one like it since (it was cigar leaf plus Hazelnut and dark chocolate, so overall came across a bit like Manabush Ixcacao but with more of a cigar taste and a dominant note a bit like Frangelico liqueur), so I was looking forward to giving these a try, and I must admit I was quite surprised by almost all of them. First up, the Number One - it definitely tastes of cigars, but not the sort of cigars I was expecting. I was expecting it to be similar to a Meharis Mild and Sweet - i.e. mid to dark brown tobacco, probably with some vanilla. However it reminded me more of the cigars you get in the USA with the green wrappers. A much fresher less cured tobacco taste, lighter than I was expecting. The bourbon - well, I couldn't really detect it that much. It's definitely not as prominent as, say the rum in Manabush's 'Omusa' juice. Along with the more green-leafy vibe of the tobacco, I also detected hints of Matcha (Japanese green tea) in there somehow, more by way of a slight astringency rather than a pronounced taste.

Number two I wasn't expecting much from. I'm not a massive fan of cola in general as a drink and wasn't sure how the whole thing was going to tie together. So I went in with low expectations. But I think I may have found an ideal ADV here. The cola side to the flavour is very restrained, but still there. The lime is zesty rather than acidic, and carries through til the exhale where it lingers on the tongue along with a very slight sweetness. Now if you didn't tell me what this juice was meant to taste of, I'd have to think quite hard then say 'Liptonic'. Which was a sparkling Lipton Ice Tea and Lemon drink available in France a while back. They tried to launch it in the UK some time ago but it tasted different and never took off. I guess sparkling tea was too weird for English palates.

Which just leaves number three. Now, this surprised me even more than Number Two, but for the polar opposite reason. I like Amaretto, and I could imagine a cocktail with Amaretto, bourbon and red fruit (I'd prefer black cherry maybe, but red fruits should still work) tasting pretty damn good. Even if it wasn't that well realised I imagine it'd taste more like Dr Pepper (a guilty pleasure in my youth). I've only tried a couple of ml in my tank and I have to say I've been left a bit cold by it. Not even left cold, I actually disliked it. Since I actually like Amaretto and can't quite work out why this juice doesn't really taste like Amaretto but also seems a bit 'off' and chemically tasting to me. It's slightly cloudy in the bottle which the other two aren't, I don't know if that's normal or not. And the flavours all seem to clash rather than play nicely with each other. I am actually thinking about emailing customer support to see if the cloudiness is normal. I feel like I should persevere with it, but I have the other two bottles and a three-pack of the Indigene series (which I really like a lot in all variants but I'll jump on someone else's review for that one) - bearing in mind I've never disliked a Manabush juice before I'm thinking it must be a bad batch or something....

All juices were tasted in my Aspire Nautilus Mini, OEM 1.8ohm coils. Started with a fresh coil for number one, then tried number three then ended on number two. So there shouldn't have been any clash or off notes based on using the same coil, if One is the base flavour and Three is the base flavour plus extras....
Thanks for your review! sorry No.Three isn't to your tastes though .. the cloudiness is normal its not off.

I guess the juice just isn't to your palate .. pleased you like the others though

regards
Martyn

See from someone who dislikes Tobacco vapes, I love FireWater.

I appreciate the Manabush range for its complexity and can appreciate how well it works together even though not to my taste (if that makes sense), I like it because I can tell it's good but it's not my sort of thing. (Except Omusa)...

Now firewater jesus, firewater. That for me No.2 wouldn't be my solid ADV (unless I got a MTL tank), but it would be vaped daily for maybe 6ml or so. (And I do)

No1 the same, I'd vape it IF I didn't have any No2 and I'd enjoy it none the less. (just prefer the lime)

No3 for me, I hated when @bil1666 let me vape it in a Squonk and disliked it in a MTL pod.

In the Hastur Mini at the shop, I could vape it but I'd go for 1&2 first.

Some of our customers who vape fruity menthols and said they'd never vape a tobacco flavour ever. (They've tried everything)

Love FireWater. The cigar the smokiness, the zest of the lime. It's all damned good.

Was surprised how quickly I got through 30ml of No.2, didn't think I would. Thought for me it'd be a "ooh new liquid" moment. But it's stayed [emoji23]

In 5 years I've never vaped more than 30-60mls of any liquid except

Guango by chefs
No2 firewater
Rhubarb Tarte
Apple Strudel
Asap nasty

And out of those I only return to Rhubarb, No2 and Guango.

I'd bought litres and litres of juice I've thrown away because I couldn't vape it.

Thanks for your review! sorry No.Three isn't to your tastes though .. the cloudiness is normal its not off.

I guess the juice just isn't to your palate .. pleased you like the others though

regards
Martyn

Hey Martyn, keep up the good work. I'm not ready to bin (give away) the Number 3 yet, I'll have another go with it, as maybe it just wasn't working after whatever I may have been eating/drinking alongside.
I've been drinking a lot of very hoppy IPAs at the moment so maybe that has something to do with it. It's just really odd that a combination of things I know I like isn't working for me even though on paper they should all play nicely together.

Speaking of hoppy IPAs, some hop-laced juice flavours might be amazing. I'm sure someone's had a pop at it already but not seen any about yet.

Last edited:
Number 2 is doing it for me at the moment, but yesterday loaded a Vapournaute Concorde with number 3 and I'm using it as a ADV today. [emoji6]

Nice one @Lee Once I get all this shit out the way I must get around to trying some.Good to know that even at your ripe old age being pissed and rim licking has not gone out of fashion :2thumbsup:

Like Ment, I have been fucking around for a year trying to perfect a tobacco, bourbon and nut juice. Firewater #1 sounds like I can forget about it!
I look forward to trying Manabush for the first time!

Bern

Back
Top Bottom