What's new

El Toro Grande - Virginia Prime as supplied by Mark

ZT

Super Moderator
Staff member
DISCLAIMER : This kit was sent to me very Kindly by Mark, My intention is not to really review or criticise this kit in any way, merely to document my progress with it. Any opinions are my own only, and a BIG thanks goes out to Mark for his generosity.

I'm a big fan of the House of Liquid "El Toro" flavours range, my favourite being the Puro's, closely followed by the cigarillos. Personally and conversely I find the Puro's a smoother nuttier and less harsh vape than the cigarillos.

Anyway this is kit is the House Of Liquids El Toro Grande Virginia Prime kit. and heres where I am so far :

On opening the kit it contains two bottles of 50/50 PG/VG 18mg strength base liquid, a bottle of tightly packed Virginia Prime tobacco leaves a plastic funnel, some filter material (actually 2 lots of filter material! Sorry Mark) and a clear plastic bottle for decanting the ready liquid into.

eltoro1.jpg

eltoro2.jpg

Like the El Toto Guavera kit Mark has already started documenting HERE, the idea is you steep the leaves in the base liquid to acquire the taste and flavour you would like.

At 11.30 Yesterday morning (26th August 2012) I filled up the bottle containing the tobacco leaves to the top with one of the bottles of base liquid, it fit nearly all the base liquid in, and I suspect the rest will fit after a day or two of steeping. There were no instructions in the kit and Im new to mixing any kind of liquid, so I was unsure as to wether bottle top should be on or off for the steeping - I have chosen for now to keep the lid on, and will see how it goes.

eltoro3.jpg

UPDATE !!!! : I have just returned from a night out in Leicester, so this is the first I have seen of the bottle since yesterday morning (some 30 odd hours later) and its currently looking like this :

eltoro4.jpg

As you can see .. a little colouring of the liquid, but by no means dark (if this is like the cigarillos liquid, it isn't dark anyway). on unscrewing the lid of the bottle there is a faint aroma of tobacco leaves.

I think I will leave this for a wile longer yet before sampling. more updates soon …

Last edited:
Nice post ZT and your camera is very good! Nice clear pictures I can almost smell it!
..and thanks for letting me know you have my spare filter paper ;)
i kept my bottle lids on for the soaking process but I guess there aren't any rules

Keep us posted mate :)

hehe ty .. I'm a new minor enthusiast to photography altho I suck badly, was taken with a canon d500 with a sigma ex 50mm macro lens .. but they were taken quickly with no real care :)

I'll keep you informed, and I think it only fair as this was a donation from Mark that I share the wealth when this is done and send out a load of samples of this to peeps ... Keep your eyes open for that thread ....

Righty I have been trying a bit of this every day .. and until today .. it has been very light color with very little flavour

Today the color is a little darker .. and the flavour is starting to take on a slight rolling tobbacco type smokey flavour ...

still a few more days to go I reckon tho

Righty the first bottle of this is just decanting ... looks like it may take awhile!

Back
Top Bottom