What's new

DR STANLEY CLARK,S original recipe SNAKE OIL

snakeoil.jpg

This is a revue of a juice that I did not paid for, it was a free sample.I wish there was another word for sample instead of sample because it always reminds me of trying to get some of my faeces onto a cinema ice-cream spoon or urinating half a litre into a 10ml bottle.POTV are not responsible for the comments in this review nor do they accept any responsibility for personal injury if you are stupid enough to try to enact any of the sexual positions described here-in.

Vendor -
http://tmax-juices.co.uk
Price Paid - nothing, price is reduced on free shipping until Midnight tonight.

Kit -
Zmax V3, Evod

Juice Name -
DR STANLEY CLARK'S SNAKE OIL
Juice Strength (MG) - 6mg

Mix -
PG 60/40VG
Vapour -
Very good

Throat Hit -
On this kit it is smooth but the anise and cooling let you know it is there, I suspect that once I clear out the T2 and pump up the watts it will be more pronouncedSurprises are great unless you happen to suffer from a heart problem or nervous disposition. I've been looking for a good combination juice for a number of weeks now, unable to commit to the idea of stumping up another wedge to try something I might not like - I've been bitten too often over the last couple of months and am a bit tired of throwing away money. When T-max offered up a free sample I was on it faster than a couple of Big Brother contestants desperately hunting celebrity or a politician seeing a populist bandwagon.

Truth told, after the very first inhale I was onto the website and ordered two 30ml amber glass bottles of the stuff so you know where this is heading.

I was told to think about waiting for four days to allow the flavours to further develop, thing is I'm not a fisherman as the idea of waiting for anything is as attractive as Bella Emburg. The bottle had about two Evod's-worth in it so I thought: "Hmmm...I could do an experiment and vape one now and leave the other for a week to compare and contrast. This is the same as me saying: "Yeh, I'll have a small slice of New York cheesecake and leave the rest in the fridge for another day". I've almost finished my first load and just know I'm filling it right back up.

As with everyone else's comments about this juice, along with the muted cooling and anise it's a complex mix of citrus fruits. I get fruit on the inbound, sometimes more lemony sometimes more orangey. The sweetness is noticeable but doesn't take the edge off the fruity sharpness. Completing the inhale I notice the cooling at the back of my throat and on the exhale I'm left with a gorgeous anise.

When I was a drinker I'd down Pernod like it was water, I adored the stuff. Although the juice has a very pungent anise bouquet the flavour is in no way over-powering. This is an incredibly well crafted vape and, like Elton John's "Candle In The Wind" in 1997 has shot straight to Number 1 in my Pick Of The Pots.

Finally, let's have a word about marketing. In a growing vaping market it is very easy for one Dekang reseller to look identical to another and every homebrew operation offers Cappuccino or Apple Pie. This is something else because they've clearly been watching The Apprentice: branding is everything. Distinguishing your product from the rest is the way forward for aspiring vendors.

The labeling is damn near perfect. It builds on the heritage of the snake oil sellers from the Wild West in colour, font and structure. The idea of selling the juice in glass bottles may not be original but definitely places the product in a superior bracket. Whereas Grant's VC will continue to bumble along as a hobby business this one has real legs for future expansion and, for that reason, I'd like to make you an offer...I'm in.

Try it.

And here's one from me....

This is a personal review of a product I either bought or received free of charge. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk

Dr Stanley Clark’s Original Recipe Snake Oil

stanley.jpg

This product came from http://tmax-juices.co.uk/

Price – 30ml Bottle £12.00

Comes in 6mg, 12mg, 18mg, 24mg and in 30ml, 50ml Refill or 80ml Combo

Setting the scene

With more concentrates that I could ever vape in my remaining life, it’s rare for me to obtain concentrates or eliquid form another Vendor as there is just no point. I vape tobacco flavours mainly and have the mixing down to perfection (for my own taste buds). I have also only ever given out one review before, for Waves of Vapour, so a rare thing it is indeed.

So along comes @Tmax with his Dr Stanley Clark’s Original Recipe Snake Oil. Another eliquid introduced on the UK market like many others. Why should this one stand out?

I started reading positive things about this juice on one or two forums and eventually visited the website to get a bit of background on Tmax juices. Firstly, it’s run by Simon who has a background in the catering trade and ventured into vaping like all of us and designed this juice through documented trial and error in an effort to see how flavours interacted with the effects of vaping. With this background, you know he’s not afraid to be creative with his flavourings.

Looking at the high end labeling of the eliquid, it was very authentic in relation to the product name and this reinforced my positive expectations. I also noticed there is a short waiting list for this product of several days due to demand, which again, for me was a positive thing. Anyway, I managed to get my hands on a 30ml bottle of this eliquid which was delivered less than 24 hours after dispatched.

The arrival

As I was expecting something else this morning (A mini Davide loaned to me compliments of @Digicig who actually sent it to my accountant, who then sent it on to me??!!??– These really are FANTASTIC but that’s another review), the well-oiled Leisureliquids wheel stopped when the Royal Mail van arrived and Postman Cyril passed me my Vape Mail. I carefully unwrapped the Dr Stanley Clark’s Original Recipe Snake Oil, which on opening the packet, was wrapped in tissue paper (added authenticity again), with the little fizzy snake enclosed with the bottle. For those of you that know “Dekang Libby”, she ate the snake before I had the chance to, which is a shame cos I love fizzy!

The pre vape examination

Loved the label, loved the bottle. A brown glass squeezey type which medicines or eye drops used to come in. Like a good wine, I find you can tell nothing from it’s smell, but you still do, so I opened the cap for that first essence from the bottle and……………....didn’t like the smell. It was not what I was expecting and I have tried to identify the smell several times since but can’t even describe it apart from it’s nothing like the actual vaping flavour. I was left disappointed and I didn’t want to be as this was one eliquid I wanted to be good !

The Vape

Slightly downhearted, I opened up the mini Davide, filled it a couple of ml and loaded it to my Provari (just to cheer myself up). Low setting at 3.9 and tried the first vape. ….OMG, it was absolutely fantastic, it truly was. I had to have two or three vapes to get an idea of just what I was tasting. The flavouring here is a complex thing, Inhale anise, exhale medium to sharp citrus, which is not the same as other reports? There are certainly other flavours involved but just don’t know what they are? I love both these main flavours (after tobacco). A little on the strong side of Anise for those of you that are not keen Anise vapers. For me, It is also one of the best Anise tones I have tried. The citrus fuzziness left in the mouth after exhale left me feeling as though I had vaped Swedish Fish – Remember that flavour which were all craved about a year or so ago from Flavour west! It’s back, lol

The Result

Throat Hit 10/10
Vapour 9/10
Juice 10/10

This is such a great infusion of flavours but separate at the same time (I know it makes no sense) I have no doubt that this will be my all day vape and at the equivalent of £4.00 for 10ml (sold in 30ml) it is at least £1 to £1.50 less than the general price other mixers sell their eliquids at. If you have not tried this, please do! I think it’s a winner.

EDIT - I have already ordered another 50ml of this juice

Last edited:
Hi leisureliquids, that was a really well thought out, well written, informative, professional review! I will learn from you and try not to just put 'It's awesome' or 'I love it' in future!

My sample ran out yesterday...order not here yet.

My other juices just taste bollocks in comparison. :(

I have about 1 ml left from my sample really enjoyed it lovely flavour with a slight cool hit nice amount of vapour and a descent TH. I got a 24mg sample and was vaping it in a igo-l @ .8 ohms and I could only take small vapes and still ended up with a nic rush.

If you're desperate, I could spare 10ml, I'm not far from you.

Daz

That's really kind of you bud, thank you, but I'll hold out. I'm knackered and tired and crabby, I'll just load up an atty with custard and pray for Monday ;)

No probs, if the withdrawal symptons get too much to bear you know where I am.

Daz

Back
Top Bottom