What's new

Review DJ's (not so) Mini review of Dinner Lady new & old

MrDJ

Legend
Image5346717036698515679.jpg

as tastes are so subjective what one person likes the others may not and vice versa

These juices were sent to me thanks to @eyeball kid and @David@VapeDinnerLady for purpose of review.

tanks used were
Crown 1 with 0.25 & 0.5 coil on Alien
Crown 2 with 0.25 & 0.5 & Rafale 0.2 coil on Revenger
Crown SE1 with Rafale 0.2 & 0.5 coil on x cube ultra
all used between 50-65watts

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Firstly the packaging and presentation.

All i can say is WOW! this kit is 100% spot on. Dinner Lady have certainly pulled out all the stops on this package.
What was in the box
A full sized baking tray (brownie points from mum who loves this), an oven glove, a mini kitchen set of rolling pin, spatula, basting brush etc. a pen, juice band, a silver coin (will swap for a Bit coin only) and 6 juice and VG nic shots.
excellent presentation box.

Image5640344936117667955.jpg

Now down to business. please bear with me as this drags on a bit.

As this is a totally honest review and even though i didnt really want to write this bit i thought it best to be open and honest about it.

On the day of receiving them 13th March i added the nic shots which were 100% VG and shook the hell out of them and then stored away overnight.
next day another good shake of all 6 and then left for an hour to settle.

Then....Houston we have a problem...........

For the next 3 days i tried all these juices and no matter which mod,tank,coil i used (and i used 12 coils in the end) they were quite harsh for the first few puffs but then got considerably worse as i kept vaping. it was almost like dry hitting on every puff and we all know what that feels like.

At first i thought could it be something i had done wrong and then i was making excuses that it could be caused by the freezing weather we were having and the 100%VG was congealing even though it was still warm in my house.

The only other thing i could think off was the Nic Shots so I then went out in the freezing cold to get the rubbish bag out to retrieve the bottles to get the batch number. passed this onto Eyeball Kid who passed it onto Dinner Lady on 18th March.

To cut a long story short i got the message today from Eyeball Kid that they were horrified to hear this issue and pulled the nic shots immediately so kudos to them for trusting my judgement of a small time text only juice reviewer who has done less than 10 reviews in my 3 years of vaping.

After testing the results came back on 21st March and it was indeed a bad batch of Nic Shots.
I was also told i had got a big thank you from their directors as well which was really nice to hear.

A new batch of juice was dispatched and arrived today (Friday 23rd March).

Firstly please take into consideration that the above issue was nothing to do with Dinner Lady or their juice and it was in fact a third party nic shot that had not been picked up by that companies QC before being dispatched to juice suppliers like Dinner Lady and i guess many others.

Ok, enough rambling, lets get on with the juice review.
This time ive decided to not add nic shots so hopefully a slightly stronger flavour using the straight out of the bottle zero juice.

Also these will all be tested in tanks with stock coil unlike most reviewers who use drippers so the taste profiles for me will most probably be different.

NEW Berry Tart
Im guessing there could be other berries in this including hints of blackberry, raspberry, blueberry but im not getting one prominent overall flavour that i can pick out.
This flavour is starting off more sour than sweet but the longer i vape it its getting sweeter by the puff. whatever mixture of fruits they are they are complimenting each other perfectly. On the inhale im getting the tart base while the exhale a mixture of the fruit and tart which then mellows to leave a lingering fruit taste on the palate.
An overall nice vape that could grow on me.
7/10

NEW Mango Tart
Ive grown to love mango vapes since i tried the summer holiday Suntan Mango from Dinner Lady so was really looking forward to this one and it was worth the wait.
Even with a nice strong mango smell from the bottle this vapes completely different to what it smells like. The taste is even better than the smell. This has to be as near perfect to the real fruit itself but with the added biscuit tart to mellow it out a bit but im also getting what tastes like a cream base on the exhale as well which compliments it perfectly.
Its not as sweet as i expected but then saying that it leaves a sweet aftertaste which lingers for ages on the palate.
an easy 10/10

Apple Pie
Ive tried a few apple vapes in the past and its never been one of my fave flavours.
Im getting massive clouds from this one and the flavour im getting is more of the apple skin than the sweeter juicy apple inside. Its quite sour but not in a bad way and i guess mellowed slightly by the pie base which is there but only just.
Ive just upped the wattage to 65w and it is now not as sour and more a equal measure of apples with the pie base on the exhale and at the higher wattage a slight what taste like a hint of caramelised brown sugar coating or it could be cinnamon but im not sure.
6/10

Orange Tart
I dont like orange vapes and tried quite a few at the start of my vaping journey and didnt like the flavour. Well this juice has just changed my mind. A really nice flavour was my first thoughts. Not that strong so its overpowering but quite a subtle orange flavour and i think there is a hint of marmalade with a tart exhale and then the aftertaste of a sweet orange that lingers in the mouth for quite a while.
This is almost on par with their original Lemon Tart and thats saying something.
10/10

Blackberry Crumble
Sweetness overdose alert. A sweet succulent blackberry with a buttery biscuit crumble base on the inhale with the blackberry on the exhale that will leave you salivating for more. The flavour just lingers on your lips for ages. there is a slight sort of floral hint aroma on the aftertaste but not to the extent its overpowering the main flavour.
8/10

Lemon Tart
As it was in the box i might as well review it.

Lush
Nuff Said
10/10

I would love to see a Pear or some sort of Coconut flavor in the future as ive always loved these flavors but there doesnt seem to be that many vapes using them that i can find.

Last edited:
View attachment 155897

as tastes are so subjective what one person likes the others may not and vice versa

These juices were sent to me thanks to @eyeball kid and @David@VapeDinnerLady for purpose of review.

tanks used were
Crown 1 with 0.25 & 0.5 coil on Alien
Crown 2 with 0.25 & 0.5 & Rafale 0.2 coil on Revenger
Crown SE1 with Rafale 0.2 & 0.5 coil on x cube ultra
all used between 50-65watts

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Firstly the packaging and presentation.

All i can say is WOW! this kit is 100% spot on. Dinner Lady have certainly pulled out all the stops on this package.
What was in the box
A full sized baking tray (brownie points from mum who loves this), an oven glove, a mini kitchen set of rolling pin, spatula, basting brush etc. a pen, juice band, a silver coin (will swap for a Bit coin only) and 6 juice and VG nic shots.
excellent presentation box.

View attachment 155898

Now down to business. please bear with me as this drags on a bit.

As this is a totally honest review and even though i didnt really want to write this bit i thought it best to be open and honest about it.

On the day of receiving them 13th March i added the nic shots which were 100% VG and shook the hell out of them and then stored away overnight.
next day another good shake of all 6 and then left for an hour to settle.

Then....Houston we have a problem...........

For the next 3 days i tried all these juices and no matter which mod,tank,coil i used (and i used 12 coils in the end) they were quite harsh for the first few puffs but then got considerably worse as i kept vaping. it was almost like dry hitting on every puff and we all know what that feels like.

At first i thought could it be something i had done wrong and then i was making excuses that it could be caused by the freezing weather we were having and the 100%VG was congealing even though it was still warm in my house.

The only other thing i could think off was the Nic Shots so I then went out in the freezing cold to get the rubbish bag out to retrieve the bottles to get the batch number. passed this onto Eyeball Kid who passed it onto Dinner Lady on 18th March.

To cut a long story short i got the message today from Eyeball Kid that they were horrified to hear this issue and pulled the nic shots immediately so kudos to them for trusting my judgement of a small time text only juice reviewer who has done less than 10 reviews in my 3 years of vaping.

After testing the results came back on 21st March and it was indeed a bad batch of Nic Shots.
I was also told i had got a big thank you from their directors as well which was really nice to hear.

A new batch of juice was dispatched and arrived today (Friday 23rd March).

Firstly please take into consideration that the above issue was nothing to do with Dinner Lady or their juice and it was in fact a third party nic shot that had not been picked up by that companies QC before being dispatched to juice suppliers like Dinner Lady and i guess many others.

Ok, enough rambling, lets get on with the juice review.
This time ive decided to not add nic shots so hopefully a slightly stronger flavour using the straight out of the bottle zero juice.

Also these will all be tested in tanks with stock coil unlike most reviewers who use drippers so the taste profiles for me will most probably be different.

NEW Berry Tart
Im guessing there could be other berries in this including hints of blackberry, raspberry, blueberry but im not getting one prominent overall flavour that i can pick out.
This flavour is starting off more sour than sweet but the longer i vape it its getting sweeter by the puff. whatever mixture of fruits they are they are complimenting each other perfectly. On the inhale im getting the tart base while the exhale a mixture of the fruit and tart which then mellows to leave a lingering fruit taste on the palate.
An overall nice vape that could grow on me.
7/10

NEW Mango Tart
Ive grown to love mango vapes since i tried the summer holiday Suntan Mango from Dinner Lady so was really looking forward to this one and it was worth the wait.
Even with a nice strong mango smell from the bottle this vapes completely different to what it smells like. The taste is even better than the smell. This has to be as near perfect to the real fruit itself but with the added biscuit tart to mellow it out a bit but im also getting what tastes like a cream base on the exhale as well which compliments it perfectly.
Its not as sweet as i expected but then saying that it leaves a sweet aftertaste which lingers for ages on the palate.
an easy 10/10

Apple Pie
Ive tried a few apple vapes in the past and its never been one of my fave flavours.
Im getting massive clouds from this one and the flavour im getting is more of the apple skin than the sweeter juicy apple inside. Its quite sour but not in a bad way and i guess mellowed slightly by the pie base which is there but only just.
Ive just upped the wattage to 65w and it is now not as sour and more a equal measure of apples with the pie base on the exhale and at the higher wattage a slight what taste like a hint of caramelised brown sugar coating or it could be cinnamon but im not sure.
6/10

Orange Tart
I dont like orange vapes and tried quite a few at the start of my vaping journey and didnt like the flavour. Well this juice has just changed my mind. A really nice flavour was my first thoughts. Not that strong so its overpowering but quite a subtle orange flavour and i think there is a hint of marmalade with a tart exhale and then the aftertaste of a sweet orange that lingers in the mouth for quite a while.
This is almost on par with their original Lemon Tart and thats saying something.
10/10

Blackberry Crumble
Sweetness overdose alert. A sweet succulent blackberry with a buttery biscuit crumble base on the inhale with the blackberry on the exhale that will leave you salivating for more. The flavour just lingers on your lips for ages. there is a slight sort of floral hint aroma on the aftertaste but not to the extent its overpowering the main flavour.
8/10

Lemon Tart
As it was in the box i might as well review it.

Lush
Nuff Said
10/10

I would love to see a Pear or some sort of Coconut flavor in the future as ive always loved these flavors but there doesnt seem to be that many vapes using them that i can find.
Nice work buddy.
I shall have a crack later.

There's going to be a giveaway attached to these juices too guy's. Keep your eyes peeled on the comp/ giveaway section.

Great review @MrDJ, the apple and orange one sounds interesting. If they have equalled the lemon tart it must be good.

just vaped all of them again and the mango is the outright winner for me.
im actually getting slightly different tastes on all of them today so guess i need a new coil.

Excellent review, the orange tart sounds like a winner, I will have to try that and it would be rude to ignore the mango tart.

Great review mate! Great to hear of the aftercare on the nic :)

Makes me really wanna try the mango one!

Back
Top Bottom