What's new

Review Dinner lady's bakery range.

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20180325_15_38_27_Pro.jpg

Well. Mrdj has done most of the heavy lifting already and a fantastic job he's done too. As you know I don't like to get over wordy on these reviews so here's my input.

I first came across dinner lady the same way I'm sure most of you did via the now legendary lemon tart. The juice that's launched a thousand imitations. I noted that they had just launched a tobacco range which sounded right up my street so I ordered the full collection. My goodness it was right up my street and still is. Fellon 11 is my favourite straight up tobacco eliquid ever.
Back then I dropped dinner lady an email just to say how great I thought the tobacco range was and we've been in contact ever since.
They've sent us various box sets and samples for our charity raffles and to help apes in need. Overall they've been fantastic.
With their usual generosity they offered to send these new juices for me to review for you. As mrdj did such a great job last time helping me review the summer hols range i asked if they'd send him a bottle too.
They outdid themselves and sent us both hampers containing the whole range.
A big thank you to @David@VapeDinnerLady for sorting all this out for us.

Bellow is the culprits I used to test the liquids. I chose a selection of stock coils and various ohm builds to see if they effected the vape and to check how they wicked.

Crown subtank with a 0.5ohm stock coil, kanger aio stick with a 0.2 ohm stock coil. Hadaly rda with a 0.5 ohm stainless clapton, basic rda with a 0.3 ohm brochrome coil and a tsunami dual 24awg coiled (kanthal) 0.2 ohm.

WP_20180325_16_03_23_Pro.jpg

These are 50ml shake n vape bottles and come with 10mls of 100%vg nic to make 60mls of eliquid at 3mg. Wow a lot of numbers.

It has to be said that Dinner lady do presentation better than anyone. From the lovely finishes of the 10 ml packs to this amazing hamper playing on the shake n bake logo. Just amazing.

In all the devices I used I had absolutely no issue's with wicking or any nasty surprises. The flavours where excellently delivered at all ohm ratings although certain set ups brought different elements of the flavour profile forward.

1, Lemon tart.
What can I say. This liquid is known and loved worldwide and still one of my favourite juices for sub ohm set ups. Why. The lemon tastes like a real bakery lemon. No cleaning product lemon here. And underneath is a buttery crumb base that takes you back to being a kid. Lovely.

2, Orange tart.
Very similar in blend to the lemon tart. I'm generally not a fan of orange eliquid but this tastes more of a citrus blend to me and is very tasty.

3, Blackberry crumble.
Wow it's sweet. A little too sweet for me. I can taste the sweetner a little in this one. I know it's the fashion since the wave of American and malay juices but for me I'd prefer a little less sweetner as the flavour is spot on.

4, Apple pie.
This is another favourite of mine. I know some have said it's a little artificial but that adds to the nostalgia for me. It reminds me of those Mr kippling Apple pies that I liked in the eighties when we had good old flavour additives. Nice pastry base with a sweet Apple top note.

5, Mango tart.
This is one of the new juices and probably my least favourite. It does have that nostalgia of the mango squash you used to get but again the sweetner is a little high for me. Still a great tart base and once the sweetness has settled in its certainly a flavourfull vape. This really benefited from being run at high wattage for me.

6, Berry tart.
Another new one and I loved it. Blueberry hits me first and I believe raspberry follows. The sweetness seems natural to me with the blueberry. The tart elements really smooths and grounds the fruit.
I could have cleared the bottle of this very quickly. Top marks.

I always wondered with the success of the lemon tart why Dinner lady never extended the range. Now they have you've got a tart for all taste buds.
Not all juices where juices I would revisit but I can honestly say that they are all clearly well crafted. I know that quite a few folks at dinner lady had a hand in refining these flavours and they are rightly proud of them.
It's great to see a British eliquid company doing so well and fingers crossed we will see more added to this collection soon.

Keep your eyes on the competition/giveaway section and I will be offering these up for some lucky apes to try.

Last edited:
Not tried any of the dinner lady range yet and I'm only really just getting into dessert flavours so sounds like they're worth a pop.
Cheers for the review

Not a big fan of the citrus so dont think that the lemon or orange would be to my taste but the others certainly sound good!

great review as always @eyeball kid
it just shows you how tastes are so subjective which is a good pointer for all the new vapers out there that take on board reviews be it video or text and then come back later down the road and say they were the total opposite of what we or others have reviewed.
we can only go by our taste buds alone so its really down to each individual to make their own minds up.

as i said on my review, id love to see a pear or coconut based flavor from DL in the future as there is not many out there with that flavour profile and i wish there was :)

great review as always @eyeball kid
it just shows you how tastes are so subjective which is a good pointer for all the new vapers out there that take on board reviews be it video or text and then come back later down the road and say they were the total opposite of what we or others have reviewed.
we can only go by our taste buds alone so its really down to each individual to make their own minds up.

as i said on my review, id love to see a pear or coconut based flavor from DL in the future as there is not many out there with that flavour profile and i wish there was :)
Agreed.
Juice tastes are so subjective that's why the best we can do is offer our own thoughts.
I didn't like the strawberry custard at all and the maple one was yuk but apparently they are inundated with requests to start making it again.
You can never tell.
I'd like to see a pear tobacco.

totally agree with the strawberry and the maple.
i bought both when they first started and didnt like either so i gave up buying them thinking they would all be the same.
almost a year later i saw a deal with the lemon in the tpd sale which was a no brainer so bought one bottle then bought 3 more as it was that good.

@eyeball kid great review as always the blackberry crumble and the berry tart I will have to try next .The lemon is still my favourite.The strawberry custard reminds me of mole juice milk mole

@eyeball kid great review as always the blackberry crumble and the berry tart I will have to try next .The lemon is still my favourite.The strawberry custard reminds me of mole juice milk mole
Exactly that Joe90.
The only strawberry I ever got on with was pf' s Eton mess. That stuff is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom