What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Dinner Lady Summer Holidays

View attachment 131264 View attachment 131265

Dinner Lady Summer Holidays

Thanks to @eyeball kid and Hassim at Dinner Lady I was sent these juices free for the purpose of review.

as always tastes are subjective and what one person likes the other may not.

The 5 new summer juice range includes:

Strawberry Bikini
Cola Shades
Flip Flop Lychee
Suntan Mango
Black Orange Crush

10ml TPD compliant bottles

70VG/30PG

zero nic for review but i believe 3mg and 6mg also available

the cooling effect is in da house and im liking it.
all 5 of these new juices have the koolada cooling effect but they are not as overpowering as certain Malaysian juices.

tank used Crown 1 with 0.25 coil at 50watts
i was also going to use the nautilus 2 but have not had enough time but will update when i get the chance.

Strawberry Bikini

As ive previously bought their original Strawberry i though id start with this one.

Strawberry & lemonade work perfectly together and give a overall great refreshing flavor.

on the inhale a lovely fresh strawberry with the exhale a slight fizzy cool lemonade. the koolada is quite mellow in this one and not too overpowering just like lumps of ice in a glass of juice.

the more i vape it the more the lemonade becomes more prominent and this could be an easy adv even though ive never liked lemonade vapes much in the past.
10/10

Cola Shades

first thing that i thought of after vaping this was fizzy cola cubes which ive not had for at least 20 years but its one of those flavors you never forget.

this has a much stronger koolada hit and gives a great throat cooling effect. the aftertaste leaves a lemon zing on your lips.

a must have for all the cola fans out there.
8/10

Flip Flop Lychee

i do like lychees and my first thoughts on this juice were, lush, refreshing and mouth watering. as you can guess, i like this one a lot.

a middle of the road koolada throat cooling hit which is just right. the citrus twist which im guessing is either lime or lemon or it could be both gives this a unique zing just to add to this great flavor.
10/10

Suntan Mango

ive never really been into mango until i tried some Malaysian juice a while back and now im hooked.

and this new juice has just bumped it up another level.

a lovely fresh mango with a hint of some sort of honey which ive never tried in a vape before and topped off with the cool icy koolada which is just right and not too overpowering.

i seem to be repeating myself but this is a bangin juice and another adv contender.
10/10

Black Orange Crush

i cant suss this one out. im getting more of a tropical taste as i cant make out the main two flavors which are blackcurrant and orange. its more of an explosion of many different fruits with almost a sherbet taste.

dont get me wrong, its got a really nice taste with a mellow koolada hit but i cant make out any one prominent flavor.
7/10

overall these are all absolutely stunning juices and a great addition to the dinner lady range.

the packaging has been well thought out and adds a great touch making them look like suite cases.

might have been a good idea to have a non ice range as i know there are some out there that dont like the cooling throat hit. they are perfect for summer time but not sure if id want to vape them in the cold of winter.

will i buy them in the future. well hell yeh. these will defo now be a regular purchase for me as well as their original lemon tart.
Ok. I will.add my two pence worth now as I've had some time to approach these and the weather helped.
To be honest I sourced these from the generous Hassim from dinner lady for Mr dj to review as I know he was keen. For me they couldn't be further away from my comfort zone. I will not be talking in terms of fantastical flavour jazz on the inhale and a growling punch of the rainbow on the exhale as A, it's just not me and B, as I sourced these from dinner lady you conspiracy theory nuts will assume I'm an inside man trying to fiddle with your brains. Instead I will stick to the facts. I used flavour drippers (le Magister and snapdragon) and big boy drippers (reload and kennedy 24) To give an overall picture of the flavour profile and to see if the flavours changed at different ohms. I tried 0.25, 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 ohms. Also I had the drippers set from tight nautilus style mtl through to snorkel.
1, strawberry bikini. Now this was as mrdj called it strawberry lemonade but in a big rda it was mighty cold. A good strawberry flavour with a fizzy cold edge. I am not a big fan of strawberry as it often tastes very fake but this didn't. The flavour is powerful so in a mot set up it's very strong which is no bad thing in my book.

2, Cola shades. This I liked. It reminded me of a pub pepsi when it's made from syrup and they are over generous with the syrup. It did what dinner lady do really well , it took me right back to being a kid. I must say the koolada hit me the same as the strawberry but it felt a smoother vape due to the more rounded flavour of cola. It didn't suffer or change the flavour overtly in either mtl or dtl. This bottle will be finished. Perfect for hot day's for a change.

3, Flip flop lychee. This is quite a soft easy vape. I agree the koolada is more subtle. Lychee isn't a fruit I've tasted in years but it's a very clean flavour. Mrs kid thought it was very reminiscent of the gins addiction / halcyon haze style juice and she was a fan.

4, suntan mango. Now again this wasn't too much of a worry as I like mango but on first taste in the snappy at 1.5 ohms it was a very confusing vape. There was more to this than just mango but it was too complex to find, it made all the difference using the Kennedy. The flavours opened up and became more obvious. Now I get mango and something sweet like a sugar syrup but I can also taste peach. This is probably my imagination but that's what I got. Not too much koolada again in this one. Definitely vapable and I will clear the bottle.

4, black orange crush. No not for me. This is mrs kid's favourite and is already clearing the samples. It's a mild koolada again but it's a very realistic orange flavour with just a little blackcurrent or even Blackberry. The orange is the dominant and then I taste sherbert, lots of sherbet.

Only the suntan mango seemed to change in a major way between rda' s the rest where pretty stable throughout. The koolada is strong but not at expense of flavour. The best thing is some are quite sweet but America take note. Nowhere near as sickly sweet as the recent crop of US juices I've tried.
These where always going to be good quality. Dinner lady aren't going to waste tpd style money on so so juice. But what has blown me away is both the skill of the blending and the thought that's gone into the cohesive packaging. This is one of the first 3 x 10ml bottles packages that make you feel like you have a quality product. The little suitcases are fantastic. Really nicely done and it feels like quality.
I really didn't like the look of these but a few have opened my eyes to some new flavour profiles which isn't a bad thing.

Good honest review, one of the only 2 commercial liquids I vape and dinnerlady range is one of them.
Wasn't too sure when I read review first time as Ive never tried koolada but I'm thinking cool iced drink, lovely beach towel, lovely range of dinnerlady juices to check out - Summer Fun !

Thanks for the review will enter comp :)

Good honest review, one of the only 2 commercial liquids I vape and dinnerlady range is one of them.
Wasn't too sure when I read review first time as Ive never tried koolada but I'm thinking cool iced drink, lovely beach towel, lovely range of dinnerlady juices to check out - Summer Fun !

Thanks for the review will enter comp :)
Sadly the give away finished on Monday but they should be out soon mate. Just going to find the release date.

O.k. all the summer hols range should be hitting the shops on or after the second week in July. They will be in a 3x10ml pack (subject to the final mhra cert) and 50ml plus 10ml shake n vape. Will update with the confirmed vape next week.

cheers fella. shake and vape sounds like a good idea with the amount of subtanks being used at high wattage lately.
me will defo be giving them a go when released.
the more i vape them the more im liking the mango and the lychee out of all five.

These look great!

Have to say, I was slightly underwhelmed by some of the other options from Dinner Lady after so much of the hype. They where, of course, nice juices, but I went to sample them in a local shop alongside other cheaper juices they had in similar flavours - particularly the Lemon Tart didn't cause me to pay the slight extra instead of a cheaper, similar juice....

But... branding is on point and they have a nice selection in this Summer Holidays bunch!

Back
Top Bottom