POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Review Dark Star Barrel Aged Tobacco

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Reviews' started by Ment, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Ment

Ment Legend

I'd been planning on getting some of this with my next order when their Christmas offer came through, a free 120ml shortfill with all orders over £15.

I expected this offer to be quite popular and was waiting to read some reviews, but I've seen none so having vaped it for a couple of weeks I'm ready to give an opinion.

I've no idea what the barrel ageing is supposed to do, but I can't taste anything that could be put down to that. As for tobacco, I can't taste much of it, but I would also not describe Manabush as tobacco juices.

I'd describe it as a sweet dessert vape with just a hint of tobacco - there are tones of custard, sometimes popcorn, sometimes Golden Nugget cereal.

In a Kayfun 5, flavour intensity is medium - it doesn't slap you around the face but there is enough there and it's a perfect ADV.

I loved this from the start and in a marketplace flooded with mediocre juices I would give it 8/10.

• Like Like x 8
    • Thank Thank x 2
  2. iqon

iqon Achiever

Thanks for taking the time to do a review for this, same as you I was waiting.

3. Ment

Ment Legend

What do you think of it? I'm interested to see what others can taste in it.

4. iqon

iqon Achiever

Still waiting to buy, but dont like custard & nut, so any that get a mention are off the list. So it`s off the list and I`ll stick to poundland

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. gavin 1

gavin 1 Achiever

Thank you Ment. Gives us all a good idea of the taste.

6. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

This confused me when this was discussed before. I think @dahut started a thread. So have they aged it in a barrel?

7. Ment

Ment Legend

Presumably, they have, but I didn't detect anything unique or unusual that I could attribute to this. Perhaps I was wrong to expect this and barrel ageing has undetectably improved the flavour.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dahut

dahut Achiever

its the flavour of tobacco leaves that that have been stored in barrels to cure don't think they will age ejuice in barrels lol

9. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

Some folk do @dahut

But what the point of going to the hassle of making the taste of barrel aged tobacco leaves, when @Ment is telling us you can hardly taste it anyway and it tastes like a caramel dessert?

10. Ment

Ment Legend

That would explain it - I've heard that barrel ageing can ruin a liquid in a matter of hours if you're not careful.

That could just be me lol. Eliquid really is subjective and I've been at odds with the majority many times.

• Like Like x 1