What's new

Review Cloud 9 - Menthol

Miss Pepper

Legend
This review is from my own thoughts, experience and taste buds, it's not connected to POTV and / or its owners in any shape or form and as always, taste is subjective.

I received this eliquid after entering a competition on POTV a while ago, being the only entrant and also being entered by proxy by a few members :2thumbsup:

Today I thought I should give it a try, instead of my usual menthol.

The bottle I grabbed had the plastic wrapping on it but didn't have the tamper proof lid, therefore a lot easier for me to actually get the thing open. I've got no chance of reading the small black writing on the green label, the white writing is legible, it's also got the raised triangle.

I topped up my freemax autopod50 (previously reviewed in 2020) with drops of the Cloud 9 menthol, added my DIY fruit mix, as I usually do and have done for how many years now :hmm: and began vaping full of expectation, but that left on the first exhale.

There's an undertone to it of something, not sure what, but almost herb like and more suited to boiled new potatoes and butter.

The menthol isn't menthol, it's more mint with spearmint, the latter is probably the undertone I can taste. There's a slight cooling effect, but not cold like menthol usually is, which is why I don't think it is a true menthol.

Considering I use a few drops of 12 or 16mg for my menthol top up, this at 18mg isn't hitting my nic requirements. I've filled up a few times and had to fill my 4ml pod half way, just to try and get something resembling how much nic I would normally have. Due to doing this, I'm now convinced it is spearmint based, you know like the first few chews of that gum in a white packet, where they're individually wrapped in a silver wrapper?

It smells more like mint, than menthol, however I appreciate different brands have their own ideas as to what a menthol smells like.

If you like spearmint, this will suit you, in an emergency, you're passing a pound type shop, have absolutely no chance of getting something from friends or family and all vape shops, newsagents, supermarkets and garages have permanently closed or earth no longer exists.

If you want menthol don't buy this, buy my usual 88vape menthol / menthol chill (previously reviewed in 2018), not this, they are both the same price.

I've got many more bottles to finish :assassin:

Thanks Pepper! This is a bit of a bugbear for me.... menthol should not taste of mint or gum and spearmint should not taste like peppermint.

I've got several bottles of concentrates that I had to relabel as something else. :12:

@Simon G It's annoying when any company says a liquid is one thing, but is actually another.

People buy liquids based on what they are told it is, in this case their site just says 'menthol' with a photo of the bottle, an image of a mint leaf and no flavour description.

Liquid's menthol is my all day vape and has been for a few years.
I did try 88Vape's Menthol Chill but I didn't like its peppermint bias - I perhaps need to try their Menthol but they never have 3mg when I need to order.
I can't stand spearmint so will avoid the Cloud 9 offering.
Thanks for the review.

@oldleatherlungs good to see you about again.

Cheapest way of doing menthol is DIY with the crystals, which is probably what I should start doing again when I get though a this stuff and the last of my 88vape bottles.

Having vaped half a bottle of this cloud 9 stuff, I'm swaying towards binning all the other bottles, which is unlike me to do.

Interesting, it's a tough one getting it right without tasting somewhat soapy. I'd be interested in sending you some of my Mint Ice mix to try if you like, just PM me with your preferred VG/PG ratio and nic strength and if you'd like a bit more menthol in it. I only use 2% as any more just makes my eyes water, lol

Thanks for the nice offer @John R

I've never had a soapy menthol, it was the first juice I ever mixed, then started experimenting with eucalyptus, which can burn the nose hairs off if too much is added :18:

I'm going to knock up some menthol base mix tomorrow and have reverted back to 88vape in the interim :2thumbsup:

All is calm again in the Pepper household!

Back
Top Bottom