What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Yes it's another Wismec Luxotic DF Box review

Michael jackson

Achiever
THIS WAS SENT TO ME FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS REVIEW AND WILL NOT SWAY MY OPINIONS. THE OPINIONS IN THIS REVIEW ARE MINE AND MINE ONLY.

Good evening fellow apes, ape-ets and snowflakes. Today I would like to share my thoughts on whats turned out to be quite a controversial mod on this forum. The Wismec Luxotic DF Box is a dual 18650 Squonk that comes with the Guillotine V2 as part of the kit. The mod will give you a max output of 200w. It comes in 4 colours (on the wismec site) as per below.

luxotic colours.JPG luxotic size and weight.JPG

So what in the box

1-IMG_0030.jpg 3-IMG_0032.jpg 2-IMG_0031.jpg
The mod comes with the Guillotine V2 if you get the kit, Spare super soft bottle, A smaller mouthpiece, 2x 0.28 clapton coils, Cotton, USB for updating, QC cards, User Manual, Warning Card and a baggy of spares.

Straight out the box the Luxotic was so easy to set up and get using. I started off with the RDA airflow at the bottom and it's quite a good RDA. The Vapour was a descent warm thick vape and was just as restricted as I like without the need to close any off.. I found that on occasions i would over squonk and juice would start to leak through the airflows but with a short hard suck literally all the juice would be sucked back up into the RDA. I really love the airflow for this reason.

7-IMG_0038.jpg 9-IMG_0040.jpg 22-IMG_0077.jpg 23-IMG_0078.jpg

I then tried the RDA with the airflow towards the top to try and eliminate the need to suck juice up if I over squonked but found I personally prefer it at the bottom so switched it back.

The build quality feels really good on this but I do wonder how the finnish would fair after being dropped.
I found refilling to be an absolute doddle and unlike every other squonk mod I own there is absolute zero leakage from the RDA when the bottles removed. After listening to everyone complaining about the refill method I was a little worried but found if you take the cover off and put in your pocket your able to open the battery while supporting the batteries and remove the bottle with ease.

11-IMG_0042.jpg 13-IMG_0044.jpg 14-IMG_0045.jpg 16-IMG_0047.jpg

The mod can accommodate a 25mm RDA without any overhang. The menu system seems to be the same as the Gen 3 but I may be wrong. The mod feels very comfy to use. I like the ergonomics of this and actually prefer using it compared to my G-Box and Drip-Box. I find even though im vaping at 0.16 ohm the battery life seems really good. I was a little disappointed that Wismec didn't bring out a new looking mod and it seems like a RX Gen 3 with a bottle but it just works for me. This has definitely become my daily squonk and if I do run into any problems I will revisit this review and keep you updated but as it stands atm I and really happy with this addition to Wismecs family and would definitely replace it if need arise.

20-IMG_0075.jpg 25-IMG_0080.jpg 27-IMG_0082.jpg 28-IMG_0083.jpg 30-IMG_0085.jpg 31-IMG_0086.jpg

Feck me a reviewer who actually puts batteries in the mod & turns it on. He can coil & wick as well, bonus points (lost because coils are full of gunk :D). Nice to see a review that actually shows the kit in use, well done MJ.

Right, sarcasm mode off, good review pal :2thumbsup:

cheers mate them coils had had over 1770 puffs through lol
How long you had it, a year :eek:.
Apologies for the sarcasm but getting ticked of with the "box opening" reviews so you & Sam having actually bothered to use the kit is a nice change. Hope you get your credit before xmas :D

How long you had it, a year :eek:.
Apologies for the sarcasm but getting ticked of with the "box opening" reviews so you & Sam having actually bothered to use the kit is a nice change. Hope you get your credit before xmas :D
I think as we received them free for review, it would be somewhat low to request payment, lol.
Nice review mj. As I've said on other review's despite the unusual promotion its a decent squonker. A modern dripbox 160, if you will.

Sorry, thought you had to buy it first then get credited. Certainly appeared that way from Wismec advertising. If so apologies MJ.

Great review buddy. Out of the box reviews are totally pointless in my opinion. I quite enjoy tinkering with things so if it's not going how I expect it to I just keep messing about with it until it does what I want it too. So I do get some enjoyment of actually using a product before I do my reviews. My reviews might not be as detailed as someone who is just reading the spec sheet but I try to cover what people actually want to know.

This is why I have no issue with members doing reviews, regardless of how they come by them. Think personally I'm jaded by the whole review contest format Wismec were pushing.
If members get the gear by buying it, free from vendors or from manufacturers then great. These reviews end up being honest, wart's & all, reviews. Something I personally don't feel from the YT, social media stars.
Enough of my thoughts, derailing threads isn't my intention. [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom