What's new

Review Voopoo Drag 2

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hi guys we are back again with another hardware review.

I won this in a competition that was run by @VOOPOO. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So I bring to you

The voopoo drag 2 kit

20181101_193523.jpg

As always with the kit reviews. We have take a look at kit contents. Then have a look at the tank and mod then I will give some pros and cons and my final thoughts.

So buckle up and enjoy the ride.

The kit contents.

1 X drag 2 177w TC
Uforce tank
0.4ohm coil installed with a 0.2 ohm coil in the box.
Bag of o rings
Spare straight glass (bubble glass on the tank)
USB cable
And all the bits of paper no one looks at.

The Uforce T2

This is a 5ml stock coil tank with push and slide top fill. It has triple airflow inlets on the base of the tank with a simple airflow control ring. It comes with the U2 0.4 ohm coil fitted along with a N3 0.2 ohm coil in the box. I ran the U2 coil at 60w and it burnt out in 5 hours. It is rated at 40-80 but best at 55-65. So I was a bit disappointed at that but I have been getting on a lot better with the 0.2 ohm coil using that at 75w. Flavour and cloud production has been great on the N3 coil.

20181101_193511.jpg

So let's move on and take a look at the mod it's self.

This is a dual 18650 177w mod. The back plate pulls off to insert the batteries. Be careful when replacing the cover as it has super magnets to hold it in place so be warned you may loose a finger. (I'm sure you won't actually loose a finger) but there is absolutely not rattle from the back plate.

5-177w
0.05-5 ohm firing range
5 clicks on and off
3 clicks to choose power, fit and TC.
Fire and + to lock a d unlock
Fire and - to switch the screen around
+ and - to enter the menu

This mod has what voopoo call fit mode. There is fit 1, 2, and 3. To me this is them renaming the soft normal and hard mode that we have cone to know on other mods. Fit 1 is equal to soft fit 2 is normal and fit 3 is hard.

The mod also has a smart feature so it sets the wattage if you change coils. The screen displays the basic info you need. Wattage, volt, ohm, draw timer and individual battery levels. This is the first voopoo product I have used and I'm quite impressed with it. It has performed as expected with every press of the button.

Pros.

Great build quality
Great flavour from the tank
Super strong magnets holding back plate on.

Cons.

The 510 plate isn't flush with the top of the mod so the tank has a overhang from the 510 plate. I would of liked the 510 to be flush so the tank sits better on the mod.

So my overall thoughts on it is pretty good. I think the U2 coils is slightly over rated and may have lasted longer at a slightly lower wattage. The N3 coil is performing great.

20181101_193504.jpg

Nice review Sam. Does your battery door not rattle at all? That's promising for when the mods are released to buy.

Nice colour as well. I know someone you can swap with.......

Nice review Sam. Does your battery door not rattle at all? That's promising for when the mods are released to buy.

Nice colour as well. I know someone you can swap with.......

No rattle on mine at all. The magnets could decapitate a small child.

No rattle on mine at all. The magnets could decapitate a small child.

That's promising for folks buying one when they come out. May just have been a batch that had different magnets. They are strong on mine but the door moves up and down a little and clicks a wee bit. It was infuriating at first but I'm used to it now so not that bothered anymore.

That's promising for folks buying one when they come out. May just have been a batch that had different magnets. They are strong on mine but the door moves up and down a little and clicks a wee bit. It was infuriating at first but I'm used to it now so not that bothered anymore.

If your really try and move it it makes a slight noise but you have to purposely be doing it. In normal usage there is not rattle

Back
Top Bottom