What's new

Review Vaptio WallCrawler Kit

MrTeaTime

Legend
96880275-024F-494A-A3A1-285773AAE512.jpeg
image.jpg
96880275-024F-494A-A3A1-285773AAE512.jpeg
as promised, the review of the @Vaptio wallcrawler kit...

As you’ll know, there is a giveaway for this kit (not this exact one, the one in the giveaway is box sealed and new ;) )

As a condition of entry, all you have to do is read this review and like it....comments and sarcastic replies as always are welcome

In recent times, @Vaptio have been releasing some very solid and well made products, the frogman tank, the Throne Tank, the quite awesome N1 Pro 240w showed that you can buy a quality built product at a good price point, and the wallcrawler fits in nicely with that whole ethos.

The wallcrawler is a single 18650 7-70w device and it's a small, pocket friendly mod.

Add to that the Throne tank and you have a pretty good combination going on.

The mod itself does have a spidery theme going on, but as it’s in black (as is the mod) it’s not to intrusive or silly looking, and doesn’t distract from the functionality of the mod. It has a nice big clicky fire button that needs enough pressure to work so that your not going to misfire it when it’s in your pocket.

The battery compartment and battery entry point is at the top of the mod, and you will be putting your battery in positive first, and then screwing the lid on, which you can see in the pic. @Vaptio have saved 20mm by doing this, which has contributed to the overall (lack off) size

The display is a nice coloured affair, and is nice and bright. This mod has VW and temp control. This can be accessed by pressing the fire button 3 times in quick succession . Here, you will find the “mode ” button, click this, and you’re in temp control vaping (if that's your thing) there are also 3 other settings available to you within the settings. These are...

“Soft”
“Normal”
“High”

These can be activated by clicking the fire button twice in quick succession. The soft option (from testing) gives you a slower ramp up to temp, and the highest setting is almost immediate. The difference between these three settings is probably measured in one or two tenths of a second between soft and high, and is only really noticeable at the lower end of the wattage scale, or the highest, at the mid range it’s barely noticeable.

I’ve been running this using the supplied Throne Tank and coils, the fitted 0.25ohm coil and the 1.25ohm coil. I also used a .35 smok coil as well to check compatibility.

Obviously, unless your operating at the highest 70w setting, battery life is going to suffer. The chipset in this is actually pretty decent and seems to coax a decent amount of power for a fair amount of time. With the 0.25ohm coil I only needed to change the battery once during the day....switching over to the 1.25ohm coil, and I very nearly got a full day from a single battery at 20 watts.

This also has a usb that can support in mod charging. The charging rate is set at 5v/1amp. I have charged this whilst I was in my ‘shed of dreams’ There is overcharge protection on the mod, however, as always check the small print in the user section manual. Personally I like to remove all my batteries to charge, but it’s a handy little option to have.

So there you have it....a very decent little set up that you can use asneither your main mod, or as a back up.....

Don’t forget, if you wish to enter the free draw, enter other thread please

Beat me to it Shawn.. I got one to review.. But I got my missus laid up in hospital. So reviews are on hold till I get herself back on her feet. And isn't it 80 watts max....?

Last edited:
Cool thanks for the giveaway and the review :D

keep them coming
cheers.

hi really good review mate sounds like a really nice bit kit a really cool mod to carry around when out and about take care mate hope you get better soon..

After lugging round my koopor plus for the past god knows how long, I've been in the market for a smaller mod, but looking for something with style and at a good price (6 month old sucks up a lot of budget). Entered the other thread, but will keep my eyes peeled for this one!

Back
Top Bottom