What's new

Review Vaptio Fusion Kit

MrTeaTime

Legend
Here we have a small mod, and I mean small :)

It’s tiny tiny small.....it’s the @Vaptio Fusion Kit, and it’s small :D

It seems that as vaping grows out of it’s infancy, and battery technology advances, a little mod like this is a viable option versus a much bigger, heavier device.....the actual dimensions are...

63mm tall (including drip tip) and 24mm thick, and 51mm across

The Fusion is powered by a 1500 mAh internal battery, and is charged via the usb cable (which is supplied with the kit) It supports pass through charging, so can be vaped as it charges, and charges at a rate of 1A, and takes just under two and a half hours to fully charge

Now, from the off, this isn’t a DTL set up, although the will go up to 50w, the draw can be described as a fairly open MTL at its most open setting. With the airflow closed to its minimum, the draw is fairly tight, but not overly so.

As you can see from the pics, the coils come in two variants, and are specific to this mod. The first (and best) is a 0.80ohm kanthal coil, the second is a 0.25ohm kanthal coil, and to be honest to really get the best from this one, I would suggest that it needs more then the 50w available from the mod, and more airflow as the vape was a little to hot when MTL’ing

The 0.80ohm coil at 40w was just about right for this, although I would guess that if you was using a 50/50 VG/PG Juice you might want to use the lowest setting using this coil.

I used one of @Lee DRIPWORX one shot concentrate’s “navy deluxe” which is a 70/30 and was 6mg, because if I’m going to MTL it’s always going to be a tobacco ;)

The operation of this mod is simple....5 clicks of the fire button to turn the device on, and 3 clicks to switch between the 3 settings....and you’ll know what wattage you’re at by how many of the three lights are on....

1 light = 30
2 lights = 40
3 lights = 50

There is also a cut off if the device is left for longer then 10 minutes. The device will remember what setting you was last on, so it’s just a quick “5clicks” and you’re back in business, but to be honest I’m not a fan of this function, but I guess that it preserves battery life, which is always a good thing. Now talking of battery life, you are going to want to be near a plug and have your Charging cable with you if this is your only mod. Which is good news if you work in an office, or in the car, but bad news if you don’t have access to one.

I’m a fairly heavy user, and like to vape often, but constant use will mean that after 4 or 5 hours of use, this will need a charge. If you vape only during break times in work, then this won’t present a problem as there is more then enough charge if you have a couple of hours in between vapes.

Again, like the frogman and throne coils, the vaptio coils are very very good, they deliver great flavour and longevity. I’ve had this for over two weeks, and I’m still on the original 0.80ohm coil, and it’s still giving very decent flavour.

Like I mentioned, this is a MTL set up, and although my preferred method of vaping is still DTL, when I’m at work, as time goes on I seem to be gravitating more towards MTL, and this gets used more and more.

Although not a pod system per sè, this type of enclosed type of vaping seems to be getting more and more popular, and I can imagine those of you that like to use nic salts would find this sort of set up perfect.

I was just in the middle of writing a review of this, yet it appears you've beaten me to it ^^

I'll can add some thoughts tomorrow anyway, when people are actually awake...

interesting ..... MTL with only sub-ohm coils available and a minimum wattage of 30w.

I don't get it but I'm curious.... I'm presuming it's not going to be like I imagine?

Sounds like it needs some 20mg nic salts

5EC1615F-C5A3-4207-BD5B-002FD49D6519.jpeg
14D8B272-F997-42B8-A5D8-1A8E60437882.jpeg
1EC31AD0-B032-4D09-8499-19FC18985F3C.jpeg
8C8CD6E9-AF3D-4BDA-A0D5-D8F81056C8A8.jpeg
D980B070-A102-48FE-A8AE-E025BD44952D.jpeg
231BBB47-2F69-4B52-B52B-D4A15FA723BF.jpeg
interesting ..... MTL with only sub-ohm coils available and a minimum wattage of 30w.

I don't get it but I'm curious.... I'm presuming it's not going to be like I imagine?

I would agree...I was puzzled when I first got it....

The 0.80ohm coil fosho works better then the 0.25ohm coil...for some reason I couldn’t quite get the best from that coil and I would suspect that it’s needs more power and airflow....

Using any other coil resistance higher then say 0.90 or even 1.0ohm and I don’t think would work as the power output would be to high.

It’s a very decent device and looking at the specs it’s not one that I thought I would use, but it’s been used every day since I got it as it’s a tidy mod., and it works

As @ZT mentioned, nic salts I think is the way forward with this

..8 coil doesnt confuse me so much .. I use .8 in my herons ... and also the Nautilus 2s have .8 (or .7?) dont they ? they work fine at MTL wit hose coils .. in fact i prefer them to the 1.8s

..8 coil doesnt confuse me so much .. I use .8 in my herons ... and also the Nautilus 2s have .8 (or .7?) dont they ? they work fine at MTL wit hose coils .. in fact i prefer them to the 1.8s
It’s been so long since I enjoyed “normal” vaping that Anything south of 0.18 is a mystery to me....

I like these 0.80 coils a lot as it happens, and the vaptio ones more so then the smok ones for the throne or frogman

Back
Top Bottom