What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Vaptio Capt'N Kit - Blue

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Attention…

Vaptio is the newest company in the vaping market and they need to be putting hardware out there which is going to outshine the rest. For me, you have to have something which is both good in looks and in overall quality, there is no point buying a mod to last you a month or until you get bored of the actual overall appearance. Let’s have a look at this kit and see what the hype is all about.

resize_DSC_1566.JPG
resize_DSC_1569.JPG

Out the Box

The mod comes in of 7 different colour options which are Black, Gold, Pink, Blue, Camouflage Green, Red and Rainbow (7-Colour). All with a contrasting colour and a star design logo embedded in the mod itself. The mod retails at $85 USD and £75 GBP. So, a fairly priced bit of kit but is it worth it just you wait.

The battery requirements are a dual 18650s, these do not come as standard and are sold separately to some readily available kits. But does it matter not really, we should have them. I have used three sets of batteries in this mod up to yet and all seem to be performing great so good choice in using the most common battery type.

The mod can reach up to 10-220w which works on Smart, VW, CCW, CTT, TC and bypass(curve). The chipset in this kit is great and the performance is great but dips on the last leg of battery power.

The tank included is the Paragon which is on par with the Scoion II. The tank comes as a standard TPD but once removal of the rubber spacers it becomes a huge 8ml. I’m not sure it is fully 8ml, but it does hold a big amount of juice. It comes with the standard glass and the 8ml bubble glass which I used for this review. Two coils which I use the 0.2 strip mesh coil and its great.

The kit includes a USB charger which is standard throughout the vaping world. The standard bottom of the box gifts is the accessories which include, Warranty cards and guides on how to use both the tank and mod.

resize_DSC_1570.JPG

The Build - The Mod – Capt’N

This mod is so compact I thought I’d lost it in my jeans pocket, no seriously it is one of the smallest most powerful mods out there at present for a dual battery. The device feels really strong and finished great, the door at the bottom where the batteries are installed is probably the best spring loaded I’ve used in a while which shows how much effort they have put into it. The finish is very shiny and loves my fingerprints, this really needs to stop because in time if it is used as an everyday mode it is going to get scratched something like. The mod is measuring in at 75x33x42mm. So, it is a nice size and looks the part. With a total of 120mm with the tank attached, that’s a small bit of kit in my hands

The screen is a good size and very clear to read this can be changed colour to suit from either Blue or Red. On the screen, it displays the puff counter, battery life on each cell and the power mode you are in. Again, all the reviews I do are in power mode only. If you request me to take on another mod I can do so and give you a brief outline of what’s in store. The power is in excess of 220w something again which is really high and expect to carry a case full of batteries. It does instantly fire at 0.005s, there is literally zero lag in between pressing the button and the atomiser firing.

The battery life isn’t the best and this must be down to the quick-fire chip which slightly lets down the mod overall. It lasted a full day for me but there was no chain vaping. I look at a comparison of other mods and at present, they are lasting nearly two full days depending on the amount of time I’m using them. This part was tested at 60w which isn’t high power, but still. I now get on to the power itself, during the last leg of the batteries there really was no power coming off the batteries at all it took about 3secs to get a vape. When taking the batteries out it wouldn’t even power a mod because they were that low, so a bonus on draining my batteries.

The fire button is very clicky and it really does have a fast-performing instant fire of 0.005s. the up and down buttons are slightly different where they are part of the screen which for me may become an issue over time using them. But that it more of a constant usage matter rather than a review at present.

What I love, like and adore about this is mod is that they have got this bit right…a patent anti-leak 510 connector that’s right. A newly patented anti-leak design protects the mod circuitry from the rare occasion of 510 pin well connector coming into contact with E-liquid that may spill or leak, form the tank.

Some other features which are included are as follows;

Firmware Upgradeable

Preheat Function

Material and Mode Selection

Low resistance protection

Dual Circuit

Fast Charge

Anti-Leak 510

Fast fire

Smart intelligence chip

IML (In-Mould Technology) Stops the wear of the design

resize_DSC_1571.JPG
resize_DSC_1572.JPG
resize_DSC_1575.JPG
resize_DSC_1577.JPG
resize_DSC_1578.JPG

The Tank – Paragon

Now the tank…so its new the Paragon and it looks great, I personally love it and think this would be a go-to choice for a sub ohm tank. The tank comes with silicon seals and fillers to cover travel and customs for TPD in terms of compliant and reviews. It took about 5-10 mins before the flavour came through and get a good hit. The filing system is top fill but unscrew the cape this time. I like this idea and think it should stay it can be tricky at times to undo but it works a treat. I love how they have introduced a silicon flap to stop juice getting out its perfect.

The tank is on the bigger size of the 25mm and does overlap on some mods I’ve tried this out on the Capt’N, Minikin and drag all seem to be good but overlapping on the drag quite a bit.

The bubble glass is 8ml and I would recommend anyone going out there buying it, to use this as previously stated you fill the mesh tanks up a lot more than normal sub ohm tanks as its very thirsty, but you want the flavour you have to put up with it. The airflow is great, and it adjusts nicely with no issues, at first it is slightly stiff but working a bit of juice in it does the trick over time.

resize_DSC_1579.JPG
resize_DSC_1580.JPG

Pros

· Ergonomic feel

· Small and easy to carry

· Clicky, different fire button design

· Fast ramp on new batteries

· Clear display

· Great flavour once primed

· Anti-leak 510

· Anti-leak paragon tank

Cons

· Not the best-looking mod

· Fingerprint magnet

· Mod gets warm

· Tank overheats

· Mesh coils are not set in until some good usage, be sure to prime first. can take a good day I was lucky about 30 puffs.

· Poor performance on last bit of battery life, dips quite quick drains the battery near dry

resize_DSC_1573.JPG

Conclude

When I received this kit, I was like, looks a bit gimmicky and takes me back to the IJOY avenger, which I didn’t enjoy. But its new and it needs a review, so I fired it up…and wow its miles better than the avenger. Its compactness and quality build make this a great bit of kit

The mesh coils are really nice once fully primed, and I don’t mean the usual priming of coil process I mean at least 50 puffs to get that flavour right on point. At one point I decided to use the tank on another mod just to give it a different feel. It worked great and it really did outshine some other pointers. Especially the airflow...

I always say it would I buy thus mod? No, I wouldn’t make it my first purchase because it’s all about the looks for me it seems to be too much if it was plain black and didn’t have any posh fire buttons, maybe resin, then I would consider it I’m sure. The performance doesn’t let it down and I would buy this alone on performance and the tank.

However, that is my opinion and it really is a great bit of kit if you can get past the gimmicks of the Marvel series. People you know as always if you want something which outshines in performance then this is a go-to choice.

Equipment/Products Used
Mod – Vaptio Capt’n Kit - Blue
Tank – Vaptio Paragon Tank - Blue
E-liquid – Injuiced – Monk’e Junk – Gorilla Punch – 80/20 - 3mg Nic
Coils – Plexus Mesh Coil - Single Core - 0.15ohm
Batteries – Sony VTC5 2600mAh

https://vaptio.com/catalogue/captn-kit-paragon-tank_1558/

Attachments

• resize_DSC_1574.JPG
    resize_DSC_1574.JPG
    699.6 KB · Views: 58
It is definitely a fine looking mod. But i tend to steer clear of these types of mod with the bottom hinged doors, due to my cuboid door becoming loose and rendering it useless.

It is definitely a fine looking mod. But i tend to steer clear of these types of mod with the bottom hinged doors, due to my cuboid door becoming loose and rendering it useless.

I know what you mean im not too fond of the hinged doors either I prefer magnets by far I had that issue with a SMOK door became sprained

That really is a nice looking compact kit, I just assumed it was internal battery from looking at the picture, was very surprised to find it's a dual battery mod!

Back
Top Bottom