What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Vaporesso Polar Kit - Grey

Version 1.02 is on the one i have. I will have to get round to getting the firmware upgraded asap, hopefully the mod will be doing its job correctly then. It is easy to use just as you say . The battery door doesn't rattle it just moves about at times so apologies for the earlier remark. I just hadn't used the Polar since the tank got knackered.
1.04 is the latest

https://www.vaporesso.com/download-manuals-for-vapes

I've not seen the polar up close but the armour seems as if its built to last. Heard some whinging about the dark tinted glass on the fire bar but seems bright enough to me.

The Polar is quite small and compact with a large colour screen of sorts i guess that would be the same for the Armour being the same board . Edit. the screen sizes differ on the Polar and Armour.. What i do find strange is Vaporesso claim 0.002 seconds firing on the Armour yet 0.001 on the Polar, not that it makes a difference but i thought being the same board?. I have to agree the Armour does look a better built mod and one that should outlast a Polar. I do like the polar i just found those few cons pretty fast when i have used it.
The Polar fire button needs to be pressed at the top as that is where the actual fire button is, the fire button on the polar is too long and the bottom of the button does nothing if you press it which can be annoying. The Armour fire button is the screen is it not. I like the idea but i know some folks like to read the screen when they fire up the mod

The Polar is quite small and compact with a large colour screen of sorts i guess that would be the same for the Armour being the same board . Edit. the screen sizes differ on the Polar and Armour.. What i do find strange is Vaporesso claim 0.002 seconds firing on the Armour yet 0.001 on the Polar, not that it makes a difference but i thought being the same board?. I have to agree the Armour does look a better built mod and one that should outlast a Polar. I do like the polar i just found those few cons pretty fast when i have used it.
The Polar fire button needs to be pressed at the top as that is where the actual fire button is, the fire button on the polar is too long and the bottom of the button does nothing if you press it which can be annoying. The Armour fire button is the screen is it not. I like the idea but i know some folks like to read the screen when they fire up the mod
Yeah it's a squeeze bar style. Your finger naturally fire's at the top like a button. So the screen is easily visable. I've used this a bit and really like the feel.

I need to get a review done on the Polar kit myself. There are cons to the polar the 3 main ones are the firmware that is installed is firing the mod way higher wattage for the first parts of a second, now this will burn out coils on MTL atties. Which is why, no offence to @Vapin'Bolt says it hits better than other mods, If i can get access to a windows pc i will upgrade the firmware before i do get the review done, But it doesn't hit harder it just over powers for a miniscule. If the firmware was providing a true wattage that you set it would be better all round.
2. The door rattles. 3. That fire button is a pain in the ass, you have to press it in the right place or it won't fire.
The Polar mod is ok but i feel it would break if dropped as it is part metal part plastic or similar. I wouldn't say it was a solid device. The bypass function only and always works using 4 volts no matter what, it is comfy to hold and the screen is good

The Tank well i dropped it, out my pocket attached to a mod only about a foot drop and the base is now knackered and the tank doesn't register on any mod. It wasn't a bad tank either.
Oh and there is no instruction manual.

Sorry for the late reply...

so in point 2., you said the door rattles mine has been great until today believe it or not it is now loose moving more easily from side to sidebut it still doesn't rattle

in terms of the button, I think its just right it, however, way too big for the actual amount which is fired but works well.

I agree that it may not come out good if dropped

great pointers to consider though, however, the fire issue is now resolved on 1.05 firmware.

mine is version 1.02 but like any mod now i never update unless its broke.

mine is version 1.02 but like any mod now i never update unless its broke.

I'm usually the same but i had an issue back with the Minikin where batteries wouldn't equally discharge so updated that and I always keep up to date now just for precaution LOL

I'm usually the same but i had an issue back with the Minikin where batteries wouldn't equally discharge so updated that and I always keep up to date now just for precaution LOL
I tend to find most mods apart from my DNA's don't balance charge so only the DNA's get charged via usb. The Sigelei kaos was another that needed firmware upgrading because it read batteries incorrectly, my Aleader funky 160w also discharges batteries different to one another. The door on my Polar as been wobbly since i got it, i did originally say it rattled as i hadn't used the Polar for a while i checked it after and it just slides about when i pick the mod up., i am glad the 1.05 firmware has now sorted the firing at way to much wattage for the first part of a second. Vaporesso managed to get the firmware right at last but it's took al;most as long as Smok took to get the xcube right.
I still don't like the firebutton, i guess it's just a different design to what i am used to

Back
Top Bottom