What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review vaporesso armour pro kit with cascade mini tank

eyeball kid

Legend
As ever this review represents my own view and not that of potv.
It's my own thoughts and those I've stolen from folk brighter than myself.
WP_20181014_12_27_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20181009_19_41_36_Pro.jpg

This was supplied to me by the good folk at sourcemore (after I specifically asked for it, lol)
This little mod was pointed out by Simon g, so I fancied a closer look.
It comes in number of colours and in the choice of just the mod or the kit as it's represented here.
In the box you get the mod, cascade 5ml tank (sadly it will be 2mls if bought in the UK), spare glass, seals and a very nice usb chord. Plus you get two of the excellent vaporesso coils.
The mod here is in a brushed steel and looks magnificent. This is a 100w mod which is impressive for a single cell mod.
WP_20180926_16_33_35_Pro.jpg

The mod has a three button menu not unlike the new DNA boards. But is fired via a squeeze bar that also acts as the screen for the mod.
The armour pro accepts 18650, 20700 or 21700 batteries and includes the standard adapter.
The usb charge/firmware updating point is nicely situated and this mod has 2amp charging which is incredibly fast. I mean fast.
WP_20181009_19_45_09_Pro.jpg

This really is a fantastic screen. Not too bright due to it being set under the tinted fire bar. The screen is super sharp and carries all the information you need plus is customizable by the user.
Now the elephant in the room is that this has multiple firing options including three preheat settings that fire extra wattage very quickly on pressing the button before settling down to your set wattage.
The mode it arrives set up in is the middle (normal) setting and it really fires high wattage first which is great with a subtank like the one included or a big coiled rta/rda but not so useful in low wattage mtl mode. I just set it to soft when using.the mod for mtl and all was awesome. I believe an update is or is just about to be available to fix this anomaly.
Man does this thing fire fast too and the menu has every imaginable option for adjusting your vaping experience.
WP_20181014_12_28_51_Pro.jpg

The cascade mini tank is 5mls if bought from sourcemore or 2mls from the UK and takes the same size coils as the smok baby beast (pretty much like most new tanks). The coils are cross compatible but I can't imagine why you would. The two included (a gcell 0.3 35w coil and a mesh 0.18 55-70w coil) are probably the best stock coils I've used to date. Unusually for me I really liked the lower ohm one as it delivered flavour aplenty and a hugely dense vape.
I'm not going to rattle on too much. But this mod is beautifully made. Solid as a rock, works like a charm and looks great. It's comfy in hand and I loved it and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.
WP_20181014_12_28_01_Pro.jpg

You can buy it from the guy's at sourcemore here if your interested.
About £45 for the kit is a bargain.
https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporess...-cascade-baby-sub-ohm-tank-midnight-blue.html

Attachments

• WP_20180926_16_33_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180926_16_33_35_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I can confirm the 2ml TPD tank is next to useless, no removable bung and the big lump of metal just obstructs the filling of it but agree the mod is brilliant

Great review
20181013_235325.jpeg
20181013_235452.jpeg

Thanks for the review @eyeball kid I've fancied one of these since I saw them. They just look really comfortable, which is what I go for now rather than the techy spec stuff. Has to feel nice in the hand.

I'll get one eventually. Got too many mods just now.

A great review @eyeball kid, I've had my eye on one of these, I think you've just sold it to me. I don't normally go for tanks with stock coils, but think I'll go for the kit for a bit of convenience.

One little question, I normally vape DTL about 50 watts, give or take depending on the juice, what's the battery life like using 18650?

A great review @eyeball kid, I've had my eye on one of these, I think you've just sold it to me. I don't normally go for tanks with stock coils, but think I'll go for the kit for a bit of convenience.

One little question, I normally vape DTL about 50 watts, give or take depending on the juice, what's the battery life like using 18650?
All I can say is its much better (by a few hours) than the DNA 75c alternative.
I vaped at low wattage with a 25r and it would have seen me through two days. But I used the 40t for high wattage. Economy is poor in normal boost setting but improves massively in soft or hard settings due to the unusual boost set up in normal.

Hmmm...
Nice review bud. This gives me more options when I go looking a mod that's able to use those three battery types.

great review mate.

had a pm asking about this tank this morning but id not seen it before. just like busses two came along together. ive sent him this review link.
cheers fella.

Back
Top Bottom