What's new

Review usonic rhythm coiless box kit

eyeball kid

Legend
This review represents my own thoughts and not those of potv.
WP_20181029_13_51_08_Pro.jpg

This one's a bit of an oddity so I wasn't really sure where to post it.
Looks a cute little thing to me but the fire button may be divisive.
I've been interested in this since v1 arrived on the vape scene. This is v3 and although it I still has a 1500mah lipo inside due to advances in the pod design it has a longer battery life than previous models.
The basic premise incase you've missed it is that instead of using a heating coil and cotton wick it uses an atomizer that vaporizes your juice with sound waves. (no you can't hear it).
Clever stuff. It does use cotton fabric to wick but as there's no heat involved the coil and wick can last months.

WP_20181106_22_14_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20181106_22_15_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20181106_22_15_53_Pro.jpg

The design itself is very much a pod , mod hybrid.
You actually buy complete pods which contain the tank, coil and drip tip. Unfortunately the airflow is fixed at a restricted lung hit so it is what it is.
The pods are held inside the mod by very strong magnetic power contacts and I had zero issues with these coming loose.
The pod tank size is 2mls. Very easy to fill with the top port and zero leaks.
You activate your vape by hitting the odd but. Very comfortable button with your thumb.
I loaded this with some 60/40 spiritwalker juice but it's happy with anything between 50/50 and. 70/30 juice like most sub ohm tanks.
I left it for ten minutes to fully wick and went in.
Well the vape is bloody weird. Completely cool as obviously no heat is used and it throws familiar flavour blends completely upside-down.
The lack of heat seems to highlight certain elements of a flavour blend while almost removing others. Odd.
Mrs kid loved this as she hates a warm vape and loves peppermint so her liquid really worked well.
It actually gave big consistent clouds but I'd have to say I'd really recommend this for those who enjoy a menthol flavour. I had no flooding issues which I know some had.
The power display is a series of lights neatly organized around the hinge of the power level.
The battery life is nowhere near as good as a conventional set up. Probably a few hours while chain vaping. It does have fast charge (usb on the side) and you can vape on it while charging. A nice good quality. Charge lead is included.
It's definitely a vape oddity but it's really well built and its going to be interesting to see where this tech goes next.
If you need a pocket Nic salt system and are mindful of avoiding any risk's you may feel are possible with the current hot wire technology then give this little weirdo a go.

This was supplied for review by the kind folks at elgomail.
You can grab one here
https://www.elegomall.com/product/usonicig-rhythm-ultrasonic-vaping-kit.html
They also have a lite version on sale currently and the pods are available too.

Last edited:
Nice. I do enjoy a menthol or aniseed vape but not sure about a cold vape

Last edited:
This just interests me.
I think it's perfect for nic salts and it's primary best use would be for non smokers who may benefit from cbd liquid. They would probably find it a very simple delivery system that doesn't feel quite so much like smoking.
I actually enjoyed using it.
I've put two new pods into the pack and added it to robs rnli raffle.
If you can get your hands on one I'd definitely recommend having a play.

I wouldn't write this off at all. I applaud them cracking on with this tech.
More efficiency, variable power and an heat element and we could have the future here.
Also I've seen how many American cancer patients have found it ironic that it took cancer to get them smoking medical weed so this would be fantastic for that.
Also you have no dry hits. I think juice viscosity is key. Too liquid and it will pool and spit and too thick and it will give an inconsistent disappointing vape.
Interesting stuff for sure.

Yeah the cold vape thing is really odd for me ..... and the massive ramp up, it like turning my corolla to 5w opening the airflow as wide as it will go and taking a 10 second lung draw. I think that's it biggest problem, imo it doesn't really suit MTL or provide what most DTL vapers are looking for either.

I just felt I wanted to 'turn it up' all the time. :D

Definitely interesting technology though, I sent mine on to Sacred for him to review on his Youtube channel and I'm looking forward to seeing what he makes of it as a DTL vaper.

Yeah the cold vape thing is really odd for me ..... and the massive ramp up, it like turning my corolla to 5w opening the airflow as wide as it will go and taking a 10 second lung draw. I think that's it biggest problem, imo it doesn't really suit MTL or provide what most DTL vapers are looking for either.

I just felt I wanted to 'turn it up' all the time. :D

Definitely interesting technology though, I sent mine on to Sacred for him to review on his Youtube channel and I'm looking forward to seeing what he makes of it as a DTL vaper.
It's closest to a squonk style restricted rda draw but not always at full pelt.
I think the amount of vapour is more tied to the vg level than anything else which is topsy turvey to our understanding.
If you use cbd or are based in a country where various herbal medications are available, I bet you can really refine a homebrew to make it work well.

Back
Top Bottom