What's new

Review The Sunbox E7.5 (Or Possibly E75)...

Tubbyengineer

Legend
This device was purchased by me, with my own money and as such any opinion expressed is my own and I am in no way Beholden to any Manufacturer or Vendor...

I've had this device now for a couple of weeks and it's pretty much been my Everday device. For those of you who don't know them Sunbox are an Italian company known for making high quality Squonkers (Bottom feed devices (primarily variable wattage)) for those who don't understand the term.

_MG_2820.JPG

Basic specs first - Evolv DNA75 Powered by a single 18650 housed in an Anodised Aircraft Aluminium body, the panels are Carbon fibre mounted to the body very firmly by Neodymium magnets, buttons are Stainless steel and are easily swapped over when you change the panels, The supplied bottle is one of Sunbox's own "Cappy" silicone bottles in 8.5ml size with an offset hole for the tube. The mod's dimensions are 50 x 23 x 84 mm, It uses Sunbox's own "Ultra" catch cup which has an adjustable 510 pin, but also has a sliding centre section which means that even if your atty doesn't tighten down flush with the centre section then a simple press on the atomiser will make everything sit flush from the outside. The battery connection is a slightly novel departure for Sunbox as they've moved away from the traditional sprung negative terminal and now use a screw in bottom plate that clamps the battery securely into place without risk of damaging the wrapper - and an added side effect of the magnetic back cover is that the magnets are placed (Either by design or by chance) in such a way that they automatically seat the battery correcly for you. .

How it works - Marvellously, Flawlessly, un-bloody-believably well. The vape experience is as expected from an Evolv board - smooth and reliable, buttons are Stainless steel and directly activate the onboard evolv buttons which are nicely clicky without being too firm and have the added bonus of being waterproof, which is a good thing on a squonker - as theres always a chance of some leaking from something being done wrongly however over the time I've been using it there has been no mess or leaking in the bay or from under the atty. The side panel which gives access to the squonk bottle is securely held by the magnets and has only a very tiny amount of side to side play and even then, only when you really push it around heavily, in day to day use I've not noticed it at all. Inside that cover is a clean and simple bay containing only the Squonk bottle and battery. The panel on the opposite side of the body is also magnetic - but it mounts diectly to the aluminium body - theres no hole behind it - just a small recess that it sits in, the control panel is again magnetically mounted and when removed exposes the DNA75 board - meaning repairs will be simple in the future if ever required.

_MG_2819.JPG
_MG_2840.JPG

In the box - you receive your device, a carrying pouch and a tool to tighten the battery connector and the obligatory USB Cable and paperwork.

I've been using mine paired with a GP Dripper Pro and the combination of top airflow and lovely squishy silicone bottles has meant that I can squonk without ever getting any seepage from the atty - not a single drop. It's made squonking a simple, fun, and incredibly fulfilling vaping experience. The only niggle I've got, and it's a pretty minor one - is not with the mod itself, it's the carrying pouch, I find it just a tiny bit tight, it's a fairly snug fit and you really do need to make sure you put the mod in carefully - I just wish Sunbox had been a tiny bit more generous with the material and made it just a bit wider so that the mod dropped in smoothly - that said it holds the mod securely and does ensure it won't slide out at random.

Final conclusion? Yes - It's pretty expensive (415 euro's) but frankly I think it's woth every last penny of what you'll pay. The fit and finish is top notch, function is as close to perfect as you could expect from any device and the construction means that you'll be able to get replacement panels (Either from third party vendors or from Sunbox when they get round to them) to pretty up your mod in any way you like. All in all probably the best Squonker I've bought and in all likelihood one of the best available...
I'm going to give it -
Lots and Lots out of ten...:thumbup::yahoo::grin2:

Last edited:
hi tubby, 10 months on how you finding mod. great review you wrote and I'm nearly pulling the trigger on one. build quality speaks for itself, my only concern is what its like in the hand it looks tall but it may be shape deceiving me.
Dave

hi tubby, 10 months on how you finding mod. great review you wrote and I'm nearly pulling the trigger on one. build quality speaks for itself, my only concern is what its like in the hand it looks tall but it may be shape deceiving me.
Dave
I use it every single day - works perfectly. as for size it's exactly the height of my fingers and the whole thing fits really well in my hand. Unless you've got very small hands you'll have no problem holding one...

Last edited:
Don't forget these things are pretty expensive (410 Euro's seems average), and one other point to note is that the 510 centre pin is manually adjustable - not sprung, so you need to be careful with it when changing atties - but I set it up for the GP Pro and left it on there...

Back
Top Bottom