What's new

Review Snowwolf Mfeng Kit - Rainbow

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
I’m howlin’ for you…

It’s always hard to choose mods in today’s market because it’s always either looks or performance, and what do you choose? Well, its easy performance but a mod needs to stand out from the crowd and get people asking questions and interested. I find that Snowwolf knows how to do it and know when to release new designs. Something which I have longed to try out is this beauty, so let’s be having ya…

resize_DSC_1566.JPG
resize_DSC_1567.JPG

Out the Box

The mod comes in of an array of different colours, 21 in fact which are Silver & Black, Gold & CF Black, Pearl White & Gold, Full SS, Gold & CF Red, Full Rainbow, Pink & Gold, Lavender, Full Gold, Full Black, Ocean Blue, Full Gunmetal, Orca, Red & Gold, Gold & CF White, Gold & Black, Rainbow & Black, Gold & CF Grey and finally Bronze. All a gold or contrasting wolf head on the opposite side of the screen. The mod retails at $89.99 USD and £55 GBP. So, a fairly priced bit of kit but is it worth every penny, just you wait.

The battery requirements are a dual 18650s, these do not come as standard and are sold separately to some readily available kits. But does it matter not really, we should have them. I have used two sets of batteries in this mod up to yet where they have been lasting two days I did go on to place the batteries in for a third time and they haven’t died yet :0 you might think that’s a long-lasting bit of power, but I have used a pod system alongside this as well.

The mod can reach up to 10-200w which works on TC for those who enjoy this type of vaping experience. The chipset in this kit is great and the performance is great right down to the last bit of power.

The tank included is the Wolftank which is a great sub ohm tank the coils are huge power are these going to last well, first of all, a week in and they are still perfect. The tank comes as a standard 6ml, but they do have a TPD compliant one also. Juice last about half of a day of hard vaping I did manage to take a steady day where I filled it up during the evening, It comes with the standard glass and the 6ml bubble glass which I used for this review. Two coils where I use the 0.2 coils and its great, so far.

The kit includes a USB charger which is perfectly designed for Snowwolf with a braided cable. The standard bottom of the box gifts is the accessories which include, Warranty cards and guides on how to use both the tank and mod.

resize_DSC_1568.JPG

The Build - The Mod – Mfeng

The Mfeng is a decent size and fits lovely in the hand. The quality of the build is outstanding, and it’s so compacted together this isn’t any rattle whatsoever. The magnetic batter doors are very strong and it’s so discreet you would tell it was housing the batteries. The finish is very shiny and loves my fingerprints. I’m afraid you aren’t going to stop this on this colour mod because it’s the idea of the design. The mod is measuring in at 91.5x49x30mm. So, it is a nice size and looks the part. With a total of 140mm with the tank attached, this does have an effect on balance, and sometimes if you’re not careful, it could topple over.

The screen is a good size and very basic where you can change the brightness to suit. On the screen, it displays the battery life on each cell and the power mode you are in. Again, all the reviews I do are in power mode only. If you request me to take on another mod I can do so and give you a brief outline of what’s in store. The power is in excess of 200w im yet to ramp the power up on the coils im waiting for them to be full bedding in. after a week’s usage they still seem clean and are full of flavour. It does instantly fire at 0.0008s, there is literally zero lag in between pressing the button and the atomiser firing.

The battery life is great, and I’ve used to sets and on my third which shows you how well they last in a week. I have been using a pod system also as part of my testing, but this is the case in some others. I did try out a full day and it went till the next morning there were some occasional chain vaping which did not affect the performance of the coil either. This part was tested at 70w which isn’t high power, but still. The power output is very good and with the ultra-fast firing of 0.0008s its brilliant. The power lasted right until the batteries were out of life. I cannot fault the performance and how well this handle.

The fire button is very clicky and it really does have a fast-performing instant fire of 0.0008s. All the buttons are clicky and well-built they seem to be here for a while. The fire button is really big and fires the whole length which is great.

Some other features which are included are as follows;

Firmware Upgradeable

Preheat Function

Material and Mode Selection

Low resistance protection

Fast Charge

Full-size fire button at 0.0008s

resize_DSC_1576.JPG
resize_DSC_1577.JPG
resize_DSC_1579.JPG
resize_DSC_1581.JPG
resize_DSC_1582.JPG
resize_DSC_1584.JPG
resize_DSC_1587.JPG

The Tank – Wolf Tank

So, the highly anticipated Wolf Tank. It took about 20 minutes or so to get the full flavour and it was still muted to the point I had to ramp the power up a lot quicker than normal. But once this was done it was fantastic. The filing system is top fill but unscrew the plastic cap and you have one kidney hole. It is plastic on metal which I’m not a big fan of but I can imagine there is going to be replacements in the future maybe?

The tank is 25mm but at its biggest point, it is 28mm. I’ve tried the tank on other devices, but it certainly looks much better on the provided Mfeng.

The bubble glass is 6ml and I would recommend anyone going out there buying it, to use this as previously stated. I can’t wait for them to get some Mesh coils manufactured so I can see how well they perform. The airflow is perfect, and I find closing it slightly just to get a nice flavour and cloud. It can be easily adjusted and has three portholes for the airflow to pass through so altering is easy and you can get it perfect to your touch.

resize_DSC_1590.JPG
resize_DSC_1592.JPG
resize_DSC_1588.JPG
resize_DSC_1589.JPG
resize_DSC_1583.JPG

Pros

· Great in the hand

· Smaller side not too big

· Full size fire button

· Fast fire

· Clear, basic display

· Great flavour

· Beautiful design

· Solid build

· Perfect performance on the last bit of power

Cons

· Marks easy

· Fingerprint magnet

· Slightly heavy stance can topple over easy

· Plastic on metal tank top

resize_DSC_1580.JPG

Conclude

For months I have been trying to get this kit since its release date, its something that has stood out to me in all aspects of the vaping industry. Its design, its name and overall the quality I look forward when I purchase a Snowwolf product. They have been going for a very long time and have managed to keep bringing out surprises to entertain are vaping needs. Then I got awarded the product for a review I couldn’t wait…

So, on setting up this mod my first impressions were still like the day I first saw the release. I loved it and to touch it, in reality, was even more surprising the finish and overall build quality is great. The tank sits nicely the batteries are easy to install and due to the workmanship, you wouldn’t tell they have a magnetic cover to house them in. They are seamlessly hidden.

So, I now come down to would I buy this mod? What do you think? Of course, it really is great and easy to use it’s a kit I will be using daily and most of all showing with pride! I’ve decided that it is in my top 5 of using mods at the moment some may say why? But it surely is because I’m happy with everything. Stuff the finger marks and the marks easy.

No people before this becomes extinct and never to be purchased again go out there and get this limited-edition kit to show off to all your vaping friends. The colours are endless and the tank is cracking…

Equipment/Products Used
Mod – Snowwolf Mfeng – Rainbow
Tank – Snowwolf – Wolf Tank - Rainbow
E-liquid – Injuiced – Monk’e Junk – Gorilla Punch – 80/20 - 3mg Nic
Coils – 0.2ohm WF coil – 60-150w – used at 70w
Batteries – Samsung 25r 2500mAh & Efest 40a 3500 mAh

Back
Top Bottom