What's new

Review Smok xcube II unbox. **pic heavy**

My battery door fits lovely. No wibbly wobblyness at all :)

I have to agree, the door on mine fits & sits perfectly, and the whole package feels well made. That said, I also have to agree with Mawsley there's a lot of flashy shouty gimmickry involved, and can only assume the xcube IIs target market is the aforementioned 'ravey davey' hot hatch brigade, or the up and coming '2015 spec' yuppies about town. My loathing of PCs kept me away from the firmware end of things, plus, there was nothing I actually needed in the firmware update. I'm with Maws 100% on the need for Smok to get iOS friendly firmware updating sorted, they clearly didn't think that bit through at all.
Now that I know someone got one for £35, I'm not pissed off about payin £50 from mine, would I have been happier payin £35 ?
HELL YEAH ! who wouldn't, but I still think 50 quid is a decent price for a box of 160 watts with some other toys thrown in on top.

Where did you pick yours up Mawsley ? :)

Gearbest. Eventually. :D I got in on their promotional offer.

I guess if you need 160W then there might be worse mods. For me, the design bar was set by Hcigar with the VT40 - this feels far more Kangertech.

Not 100% sure but when I downloaded & unzipped the update tool, I'm certain I saw a Mac folder in there.

Attachments

• 1439395237644.jpg
    1439395237644.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 66
  • 1439395244234.jpg
    1439395244234.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 67
"3. OS System requirement: Windows XP/7/8/10. (FYI: There is no driver to match Apple Mac OS at this moment from the PCB chip vendor.)"

"3. OS System requirement: Windows XP/7/8/10. (FYI: There is no driver to match Apple Mac OS at this moment from the PCB chip vendor.)"

At least they got the TFV4 almost right, apart from calling it the "Taste Furious Version 4", that and installing a small singularity somewhere in the Juice tank that keeps funneling my E-liquid away to some distant region of interstellar space...:D

Back
Top Bottom