What's new

Review Smok X-Priv - Smok Raising Their Game

cons
  • Spring loaded battery positive pins can dent batteries.
I am honestly struggling to think of more cons.

Does it need any more?

Connections that dent the cells should be not acceptable under any circumstances. It should be recalled as an unsafe product.

Since I don't use TC in RTA's or stock coils the widely known poor Smok TC performance hasn't influenced my personal rating of this mod but felt it needed testing and reporting as part of the review.

I just treat it as a wattage only mod and it performs nicely with a great screen and functionality, it if broke I would likely buy another (for the record I've never had a Smok mod failure to date)

Now the battery denting issue, rightly said it's not good, since these posts I've been digging through the batteries I've used in the mod, the only batteries with positive terminal dents are Efest 18650's.

My Fogstar Sony & Samsung (currently using the Fogstar in the review pics) show no signs of denting, this says more about the batteries than the mod as it's done the same with my VooPoo Drag with Efest batteries which has a similar battery placement.

I also checked Fogstar 18650's I use in my Therion's which have a LOT more tension and force required to place and none are showing signs of denting.

I should perhaps revise my review to reflect this, I haven't bought any other batteries from Efest for a long time and since I was advised about Fogstar's quality compared to the unknown origin of Efest.

My bad as I should have investigated this battery denting issue separately from the review so my apologies for misinformation.

Lesson learned, I will try not to jump to conclusions so fast on future reviews.

Thanks for the comments.

Back
Top Bottom