What's new

Review Smok X Cube Mini

SimonB2008

Achiever
This mod was purchased from Gearbest, and I’m not going to lie - it was the Bluetooth technology and the flashy lights that initially caught my eye.

Initially I was a bit overwhelmed by all the features on this device, but following the instruction booklet it was quite easy to navigate through the menus and drill down into all the features.

Included in the box with the mod I found a silicone sleeve which wasn’t mentioned in the sales blurb, and the obligatory mini usb cable. I presumed this was just for upgrading firmware, but contrary to what I’d read about the Mini, it also charges over usb. Big plus point in my opinion.

So the menus allow you to set up your temp control or standard control depending on what type of coil you’ve got. There’s also a feature called Special Draw Effects where go can choose from five different options that affect the initial two seconds of the vape, either reducing or increasing the power. Nice!

I downloaded the app, paired my iPad with the Mini and had a look at the features there. You can set vaping temperature profiles, track your vaping over the month, and it even provides real time feedback as you vape. It’s very cool, but probably a bit pointless in the end.

The fire button is the whole side of the mod, and it has a nice feel to the way it clicks as you press it. There’s also an LED along the length of the button and you can set the colour of this LED via the app using an RGB icon. That’s 16 million different colours to pick from folks!

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1449949306.786274.jpg

You can really tinker with the set up, rotating the screen, changing the contrast, altering the initial resistance and even setting the time and date. Speaking of which, I think because I’d connected it to the iPad it automatically downloaded the correct date and time, but I can’t confirm this.

The build quality is very good - it feels and looks like an expensive piece of kit. It performs well too - the vape is very smooth and not too fierce like I found iSticks to be. As mine is matt black it is a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but I can live with that.

Overall I’m incredibly impressed with my purchase. £32 well spent in my opinion.

http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_251218.html

Santa is fetching mine on Christmas Day, very pleased with your reveiw, looking forward to it now

I'm glad I have asked for it now, this the first review iv read on it, I had a conversation with somebody on her he had pictures of wonky 510 connection there was a few others can't remember them

I don't understand why it charges over usb - everything I read on it said it didn't, but it sure does and it says in the instructions that it does too.

Woop if mine ever arrives I should have a white one under my tree... yaay, thanks for the review! !

I'm hoping I get the White one it looks mint might have to buy a white velocity to go with it

Dears i had smok xcube BT50 limited edition , and i had tried to upgrade it but now its not working

Back
Top Bottom