What's new

Review Smok Mag

Okay, so you are saying battery A drains first, what happens if you swap the batteries over once the A battery is drained?

I am wondering if it's only running on 1 cell for some reason, though it does sound like a software issue as the mod needs 2 batteries to complete the circuit and will not work with a single battery in.

I do wonder about the health of your batteries, they say you shouldn't run batteries to full discharged state so that won't help the problem.

Firmware wise, I have 3 mods, my oldest is on V1.05, 2nd oldest is V1.06 and the newest RH one is V1.01 - go figure, but there must be updates out there somewhere.

Contact Smok support and try your luck and see if they reply, I got through to them on live chat once before but I can't find that option now.

If I get chance I will try and hunt down a firmware link, but I will only being trawling through Bing or Google so have a hunt for 'Smok Mag Firmware V1.06' (assuming you have the LH version).

Sorry I can't be of any more help, not had this issue and most technical support advice on here involves a hammer & dustbin when it comes to Smok :18:

Hi,

Thank you for the response. It’s much appreciated.

When I swap the batteries it still drains the a one more. So I normally get the a one to half full then I have to swap it with the b one and then the a one drains fast still while the b one stays more or less where it was.

I will check for an update. I did go on the smok website but couldn’t see any updates.

Again, thanks for the help with this.

George

sorry, I can't remember if we went over this .... but are you sure it's not just the display showing inaccurate information for the 'slot'

Could be a soldering /connectivity issue inside the mod. My gpriv 2 would sometimes tell me that my batteries were dead. I took it apart and one of the connections to the battery terminal had come away due to either bad soldering or my dropping it and cracking it. After re-soldering it works just fine, although I mainly only use it for building on now.

Back
Top Bottom